Why I love the Packers

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just love reading the responses on here.
(Well with a couple of exceptions of a certain someone supporting another team that has the word "Bay" in the title.)

So keep on posting boys and girls. Keep 'em coming!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also love the Packers because they did what the Viqueens didn't do this year.
1) Beat da Bears twice. Both at home and away.
2) Beat the Cards in AZ.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also love the Packers because they did what the Viqueens didn't do this year.
1) Beat da Bears twice. Both at home and away.
2) Beat the Cards in AZ.

You forgot to mention winning the division and finishing with a better record, and beating them twice.

Sorry, I've just been informed that the exact opposite transpired.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL bests held by the Packers: Best Tailgating, Best Stadium Parking, Best Seating and Field Views, Best Pro Shop and Team Hall of Fame, Best Player Access, Best Training Camp for the Fan, Best News Coverage, Best Friends Forever with the 4.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born into it. My family was born and raised in South Carolina and my dad loved the pack when he was younger. The only team I ever played for until high school was the local Packers team...did I mention Im named after one of the greatest coachs of all time?...Vince :)

TrumpetJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I first remember really liking football, it was two teams and two teams only. The Tennessee Volunteers and the Green Bay Packers. My dad grew up a Packers fan, so naturally the Green Bay was on whenever they were being shown here in Knoxville. From then on I was hooked. I got a Favre Green Bay jersey this past Christmas and LOVE it. I know that alot of you on this board no longer care for Brett, but if I say I hated him I would be lying. Along with watching them with my dad, it was Brett Favre that really cemented my love for the Packers. However, Brett or no Brett, I am faithful to my Packers.

AlabamaPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can remember being a few years old and seeing a Packers shirt in a mall display window in Chicago and wanting it. It was nothing more than a taste for the color scheme, but my dad decided to start turning on Packers games at home for me. From the moment I saw that first game, I knew I'd be a Packer fan for the rest of my life. It was right before the 1996 Super Bowl, so I had the privilege of seeing one of the great Packers teams dismantle every opponent they faced on their way to the championship. My mother, a die hard Bears fan, was enraged at my father and tried to steer me back toward Chicago, but there was no way that was ever going to happen.

The Pack takes the field with a sense of pride and tradition, but also humility. This is so incredibly rare in modern sports.

Even during downtime, it's hard to forget the legacy. 12 NFL Championships, 3 Lombardi trophies, and a mystique that no other American sports team comes close to capturing (the NY Yankees may be a close second...)

The ability to adapt and evolve. Even after that heart breaker in Super Bowl XXXII. Even after that last second T.O. touchdown catch in the '98 playoffs. Even after Holmgren. Even after 4th and 26. Even after Sherman. Even after Green. Even after missing a trip to the Super Bowl in overtime. Even after Favre. Even after 6-10, Green Bay has shown that it will always be greater than one person or event and will always bounce back. It's a symbol that every great thing will rise from the ashes as long as there is a desire for greatness.

Man, I love the Packers.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the Packers because of almost all reasons you guys have previously listed, tradition stands out the most to me. . .

The biggest thing about the Packers to me that stands out is how traditional they are and how they allow the NFL game to maintain the same game, hard nosed football and they don't try to be flashy like some organizations.

I'm not going to list all your amazing reasons that I agree with but I know that when I stepped foot in lambeau field this season and saw the Packers rush out of the tunnel with their hands in the air. . .I had the biggest chills running down my back and I looked at my Dad and saw that our arm hair was standing on end and we both had goosebumps that could be seen from a distance.

It was an undescribable experience but I know I'll remember it forever as the music was blasting, reading the names of previous legends who stepped foot in the stadium and watching the Packers of today and the future preparing to man handle the team that lined up on the opposite side of them.

Packer football is something special and I'm glad that I grew up into it and will be watching it for a long time! GO PACK GO!:happy0005:

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Rodgers can put these looks on and STILL make the Pro Bowl and potential MVP in this league. . .

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts