Why I love the Packers

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just some random reasons why I can dig the Green and Gold.
Feel free to add your own.

Tradition. One of the, if not the, oldest teams in the NFL still going strong.

Still playing in the land of the Frozen Tundra without having to build a new fancy, schmancy indoor astro turf stadium which isn't named after a gold-durn corporation. It's still Lambau Field.
(It's a crime that the names of new stadiums are now ads.)

Owned by the fans instead of rich and greedy owners.

When the team comes out of the tunnel onto the field they don't use pyrotechnics or other fancy glitzy gadgets, as far as I know. They don't need spectacle as other teams do.

The love of the fans. The fans are loyale through the good and bad years and stick with 'em no matter what.

The uniforms. Green and Gold look really good together.

A-Rod. Need I say more?

They have a really good team.

The Lambau Leap. Best celebration after touchdowns in the NFL. Ever.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course I will have to agree with all those reasons. Definitely is a great franchise.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My 20 year old just went to his first home game by himself. His mother and I have been to over 20 and some with boys in tow but this was his maiden voyage without Dad. He called me pre game in tears about how wonderful the tailgaiters were to him and how much fun he was having. he callled me after the first TD and said how nice all his neighbors were and thanking me and wish you were here were uttered as an afterthought sobbbing. His last call came midway through the fourth and I told him to put the millerlite down and ezt something as they were driving home. Kids

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GoTampaBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great reasons! I'm glad I can say a lot of the same about my Bucs
-One of the original NFL franchises
-They've won quite a few championships, not quite as many as the Pack tho :D
-I believe we've had more Hall of Famers than most franchises
-Raymond James stadium is the "crown jewel" of the NFL!
-I really enjoyed Josh Freeman's break out year, this year!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You pirate! Arrrrrg! Trying to hijack my thread are ya! It's off to walk the plank with ya!

OK I admit that I prefer the newer Buc's logo. The previous one is just so disco 70's. LOL

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GoTampaBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer the newer one as well.

My man Josh Freeman got his first TD in the game where we ***** the packers.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer the newer one as well.
Cool.

My man Josh Freeman got his first TD in the game where we ***** the packers.
Obviously your not here to win any friends and instead acting as a pirate to hijack our frozen tundra.

Now I of course can't "speak" for anyone, but I'm sure that there are women (And maybe other men) who would take offense at you using the term "****" especially since it is not a crime to be taken lightly.
I know that I could lighten up, but I can't when it comes to using a reference as a joke where it shouldn't be used. ****, in case you didn't know, is a source of violence against woman. It is not a crime of passion.
There are ways that you can trash talk without going over the line.

And I think that if you are here to trash talk, you should either take it over to the "Smack Area" or else take it over to a rival's board. (Vikes, Tampa Bay, whatever.)
It's one thing to be a friendly rival and it's another to be a troll.

GoTampaBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm no pirate, and maybe **** was too harsh of a crime to use for the 38-28 victory, so that's more of a public indecency, but besides that, I'm in no way trying to cause harm. I'm just saying that Josh Freeman who early entried out of Kansas State, starting year gets his first touchdown and victory in his NFL career against the almighty Pack. I think it's quite an honor.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually the Bucs play the Pack well. It doesn't matter if they're slumping or not. I have no idea why.

GoTampaBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Josh Freeman delivered against the Packers as I saw, not sure why he was on fire. I think he got 4 touchdowns that game.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you wish to discuss the Battle of the Bays game, (Green Bay vs Tampa Bay) then please go to the Game Day Archive and scroll down to that game.

I'm going to ask that we get back on topic.
Now, who else loves the Pack and for what reasons?

Deke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
American Football was first shown on tv here about 27 years ago and I loved the sport straight away.

Then a friend lent me a copy of "Instant Replay, Diary Of A Green Bay Packer" by Jerry Kramer and I was hooked. There was no team other than the Pack!

Stuck with them through all weathers while friends changed allegiance to whatever team was trendy. Then we won SB XXXI and watched it live on TV. Fantastic!

A few years ago fulfilled a dream - came into a bit of money, so bought game tickets to see the Packers host the Vikings at Lambeau for MNF.

Together with a friend flew to Chicago, hired a car and drove round Wisconsin for a couple of days. We lost the game narrowly - but I just loved the experience. I have been at Lambeau on a freezing Monday night in November and seen Donald Driver score on a pass from Favre!

The atmosphere was fantastic. No-one left before the end. I will never forget it.

Tim S.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To GOTampaBay,

First I admire your devotion to your Bucs but .....

Unless I am reading your post wrong there are some misguided facts about your Bucs.

1. Bucs came about in 1976, far from one of the oldest franchises. 1921 the Bears oldest, Cardinals second, the Packers third and I believe the Giants fourth (1925?).

2. Bucs have only one World Championship, currently it is Packers 12, Bears 9, Giants and Steelers 6, 49'ers and cowboys 5, Raiders 3 and so on. However this is not counting divisional championships when losing in the playoffs.

3. Hall of Framers, Bears the most, then Packers. Bucs have a long way to go.

4. As far as stadiums that I have visited goes, Ray J. on the inside is nice. Outside very vanilla. The neighborhood so-so. The Yankees spring training facilities next door I believe is much better(this is only my opinion on the stadium).

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the Packers because they're community owned,and not controlled by an owner who could decide to move the team at a moments notice if he thought he could get a better stadium deal elsewhere. As a devoted Packers fan, it's reassuring to know that the team will always be in Green Bay!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I love GB because we have smarter fans than the Bucs

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love GB because we have smarter fans than the Bucs

HAHA! I have my reasons for loving my team, but I agree. This is not the thread to **** them in.
I like the sense of community, history, and pride of the team and their fan base.
The NFL Hall of Fame may be in Canton, but the true heritage and spirit of the NFL will always reside in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Keep on rockin', guys!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHA! I have my reasons for loving my team, but I agree. This is not the thread to **** them in.
I like the sense of community, history, and pride of the team and their fan base.
The NFL Hall of Fame may be in Canton, but the true heritage and spirit of the NFL will always reside in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Keep on rockin', guys!
Thank you for that, GoSlash.
Your a good guy and ya got class.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I love the Green Bay Packers because it is a birthright to do so if you are born, reared and continue to live in NE Wisconsin. My Dad was a fanatic long before I was born in '58 and let's face it ... fathers have expectations of their sons.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts