Why I disapprove of the job TT is doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle said:"You guys have so many and's, if's, when's and but's. You see things that the record poves otherwise. You are constantly pointing to the future. You base everything on potential. Guess what, every other team in the NFL can say the same. Every other team could sy they will go 16-0 next year every year. You actually sound alot like Viking fans. I know, we will win the Super Bowl in 2010 until 2010 comes around, then it will be 2011, 2012, 2013 and on and on.

Your words and arguments are commonplace for teams that don't have a shot, for franchises headed in the wrong direction, for the Packers of the 70's and 80's.

You never hear a SB team say "wait til next year". That says alot "

If you want to be honest, i bet there are 31 teams that say "Wait till next year" as there is only ONE SB champ each year. You HAVE to point to the future, because the past is OVER. Every player in the NFL is drafted SOLELY on POTENTIAL. Until they actually accomplish something on the NFL level, thats ALL anyone has to go on. How many 1st rounders that LOOKED like "can't miss" players ended up on the scrap heap? Alot, each year! So what are they supposed to go on? Ron Wolf took a chance on Brett Favre based on what may I ask? Thats right........he saw POTENTIAL. Cause he sure hadn't proved anything up to that point.
So the future is what we have. Some of us prefer to see it as some good possibilities, instead of counting them out even before they play a game.
You have to play the cards you are dealt. Whether you like them or not. We as fans have no say in the matter, so why spend the entire off season pissing and moaning how WE could do it BETTER then the Packer front office? I'm not saying you have to agree with the moves made, but why then do you feel it's your job to belittle those of us that prefer to think that they are building a good team?
You OR I don't KNOW the future. It's all uncertain for us.
I can't say for 100% certain that they will win a SB anytime soon, but you sure seem to be 100% certain that they can't. So why, may I ask, do you bother to follow the team if you are so certain that TT's picks and the team will suck? And by the way.........what team in the NFL is such a sure thing in your view? I know there are good teams....in fact, several of them.......but again, only ONE wins the big prize. 31 are left to say.....dare I utter the words..........WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very ture
Thank you!
I know i was stating the obvious......well......maybe not obvious to everyone.
But hey, i'm excited about the coming season!
No one is going to rain on my parade! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle said:"You guys have so many and's, if's, when's and but's. You see things that the record poves otherwise. You are constantly pointing to the future. You base everything on potential. Guess what, every other team in the NFL can say the same. Every other team could sy they will go 16-0 next year every year. You actually sound alot like Viking fans. I know, we will win the Super Bowl in 2010 until 2010 comes around, then it will be 2011, 2012, 2013 and on and on.

Your words and arguments are commonplace for teams that don't have a shot, for franchises headed in the wrong direction, for the Packers of the 70's and 80's.

If you want to be honest, i bet there are 31 teams that say "Wait till next year" as there is only ONE SB champ each year. You HAVE to point to the future, because the past is OVER. Every player in the NFL is drafted SOLELY on POTENTIAL. Until they actually accomplish something on the NFL level, thats ALL anyone has to go on. How many 1st rounders that LOOKED like "can't miss" players ended up on the scrap heap? Alot, each year! So what are they supposed to go on? Ron Wolf took a chance on Brett Favre based on what may I ask? Thats right........he saw POTENTIAL. Cause he sure hadn't proved anything up to that point.
So the future is what we have. Some of us prefer to see it as some good possibilities, instead of counting them out even before they play a game.
You have to play the cards you are dealt. Whether you like them or not. We as fans have no say in the matter, so why spend the entire off season pissing and moaning how WE could do it BETTER then the Packer front office? I'm not saying you have to agree with the moves made, but why then do you feel it's your job to belittle those of us that prefer to think that they are building a good team?
I can't say for 100% certain that they will win a SB anytime soon, but you sure seem to be 100% certain that they can't. So why, may I ask, do you bother to follow the team if you are so certain that TT's picks and the team will suck? And by the way.........what team in the NFL is such a sure thing in your view? I know there are good teams....in fact, several of them.......but again, only ONE wins the big prize. 31 are left to say.....dare I utter the words..........WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!

Are you saying TT is bigger than the Packers? Should Detroit fans not be a fan of the Lions cause they don't like Millen?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is just so unreasonable its not funny. to even put TT in the same sentence as Millen is juvenile and unwarranted at this point.

Millen has been the lions G.M. since 2001 toolbag. under Millen the Lions are 24-72. Millen was given a team with potential and reasonable cap space and has blundered almost every move hes made. and the lions have had one of the worst stretches in modern football history. the Lion fans have room to want that guy gone.

Ted Thompson has been here for his 3rd year now and got a 4-12 tea... you know what, screw it. im not gonna waste time putting facts on the screen. Its just not worth it. you will just turn it personal, like ted thompsons feet stink and packnic is in love with him or im his child.

until you put a fact based post on this website, im not gonna respond to you. doesnt your pee wee football team start up soon. go spread your infinite wisdom on those poor poor poor defenseless kids.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is just so unreasonable its not funny. to even put TT in the same sentence as Millen is juvenile and unwarranted at this point.

They are one in the same

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Are you saying TT is bigger than the Packers? Should Detroit fans not be a fan of the Lions cause they don't like Millen?

How did you come up with Alan saying Ted is bigger then the Packers?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Millen has been the lions G.M. since 2001 toolbag. under Millen the Lions are 24-72. Millen was given a team with potential and reasonable cap space and has blundered almost every move hes made. and the lions have had one of the worst stretches in modern football history. the Lion fans have room to want that guy gone.

Ted Thompson has been here for his 3rd year now and got a 4-12 tea... you know what, screw it. im not gonna waste time putting facts on the screen. Its just not worth it. you will just turn it personal, like ted thompsons feet stink and packnic is in love with him or im his child.

until you put a fact based post on this website, im not gonna respond to you. doesnt your pee wee football team start up soon. go spread your infinite wisdom on those poor poor poor defenseless kids.

I love it, more personal attacks. Keep em' coming

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I love it, more personal attacks. Keep em' coming
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:

Thank you LT!
I was reading, and reading, and reading what i wrote, TRYING to figure out how he is coming up with that. Guess you have to be able to "read between the lines" (in other words, if it's not really there, just make it up) in order to understand what Pyle is trying to say i some how said.(Is this confusing enough???)
But i would expect as much.
Thank you again for stating that i wasn't the ONLY one that didn't see the hidden words in my posting. :thumbsup:

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well here's your answer. The WHOLE idea of BUILDING a team thru the draft with YOUNG players is that they GET BETTER.

That's right Pyle, young players get BETTER and become GOOD and GREAT players thru something called E-X-P-E-R-I-E-N-C-E.

You solidified this with your own comments about the players MS drafted that made the Pro-Bowl. Both Walker and Kampman were in this league, getting better every year, and BECAME great players thru time.

They damn sure weren't Pro-Bowl caliber their first year now were they?

That's why were improving Pyle. We have a bunch of young guys who went out there in '06 and bashed heads with a bunch of veteran players over the year and they held their own.

We're improving because we have better FOOTBALL PLAYERS on the field than we had out there in '05 and even though guys like Wahle, Rivera, and Flanny, were good in their day we are better NOW for making the transition from that group. I believe that defines improvement doesn't it?

We were no where close to competing with the Bears for the North in '05 and it is going to be a WAR when we knock heads this year.

I call that improvement.

Although I agree with the premise of improving with experience in principal, I think your point of view is way too simplistic warhawk.

First of all, the players have to have the talent needed to get to be good players. You can't just take any Joe Blow off the streets, give some experience and expect him to be a good player. And you can't just take it for granted they're talented just because they're there either, there's thousands of guys who'll be fighting for roster positions this year that have talent, but won't make it in the NFL.

Next, no player will be good with poor coaching and poor scheme, regardless of their experience and regardless of their talent. I'm guessing that's the case with more than one team in the NFL, and very talented players who may never reach their full potential.

Finally, it's up to the player themselves. If they have the mental capacity, attitude and dedication necessary to succeed, they very well may do so. But if they don't, no amount of experience is going to make them successful.

So yes, experience can be a factor in a player's and team's success. But to say they are going to improve just because of experience seems a little overstated to me.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, the players have to have the talent needed to get to be good players. You can't just take any Joe Blow off the streets, give some experience and expect him to be a good player. And you can't just take it for granted they're talented just because they're there either, there's thousands of guys who'll be fighting for roster positions this year that have talent, but won't make it in the NFL.
Key young players going into this season:
Hawk - Top 5 pick
Barnett - 1st round
Collins - 2nd round
Colledge - 2nd Round
Jennings - 2nd Round
Spitz - 3rd Round
Morency - 3rd Round
Poppinga - 4th round
Harrell - 1st round
Jackson - 2nd round
Rouse - 3rd round

Really only DT Corey Williams and DT Cullen Jenkins are the only young guys we will be relying on that were not drafted fairly high. Hey, maybe that's why TT decided to go for a 1st round DT? :thumbsup:

Next, no player will be good with poor coaching and poor scheme, regardless of their experience and regardless of their talent. I'm guessing that's the case with more than one team in the NFL, and very talented players who may never reach their full potential.
It's also why guys seemed to be stagnant under Sherman. Look at the improvement in guys like Wells, Kampman, Barnett, Driver and Harris once Sherman left.

Finally, it's up to the player themselves. If they have the mental capacity, attitude and dedication necessary to succeed, they very well may do so. But if they don't, no amount of experience is going to make them successful.
Attitude is always an important factor, but I have seen nothing to indicate that any of the guys listed above have a poor attitude or work ethic (and have seen numerous articles on the contrary).

So yes, experience can be a factor in a player's and team's success. But to say they are going to improve just because of experience seems a little overstated to me.
I would say the combination of talent and attitude that GB has assembled on both sides of the ball fits exactly into the formula you describe for players improving. So, it shouldn't be a surprise that this team improved 4 games over 05 last season and should be even better in 07.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Lare said:
It's also why guys seemed to be stagnant under Sherman. Look at the improvement in guys like Wells, Kampman, Barnett, Driver and Harris once Sherman left.

Excellent point!

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:

Of course... knowing as we do how TT has run our franchise into the ground and made headlines with homphobic comments... WAIT... that never happened.

You're ridiculous.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm where do I start in this forum....I guess I wont I'll let pyle handle it all

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:

Thank you LT!
I was reading, and reading, and reading what i wrote, TRYING to figure out how he is coming up with that. Guess you have to be able to "read between the lines" (in other words, if it's not really there, just make it up) in order to understand what Pyle is trying to say i some how said.(Is this confusing enough???)
Thank you again for stating that i wasn't the ONLY one that didn't see the hidden words in my posting. :thumbsup:

Boy oh boy, this is getting challenging

So why, may I ask, do you bother to follow the team if you are so certain that TT's picks and the team will suck?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
cheesey said:
longtimefan said:
pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:

Thank you LT!

So why, may I ask, do you bother to follow the team if you are so certain that TT's picks and the team will suck?

Yes it is...

To me that isnt showing Alan is claiming Ted is bigger then the team..

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Key young players going into this season:
Hawk - Top 5 pick
Barnett - 1st round
Collins - 2nd round
Colledge - 2nd Round
Jennings - 2nd Round
Spitz - 3rd Round
Morency - 3rd Round
Poppinga - 4th round
Harrell - 1st round
Jackson - 2nd round
Rouse - 3rd round

Really only DT Corey Williams and DT Cullen Jenkins are the only young guys we will be relying on that were not drafted fairly high. Hey, maybe that's why TT decided to go for a 1st round DT? :thumbsup:

Attitude is always an important factor, but I have seen nothing to indicate that any of the guys listed above have a poor attitude or work ethic (and have seen numerous articles on the contrary).

I would say the combination of talent and attitude that GB has assembled on both sides of the ball fits exactly into the formula you describe for players improving. So, it shouldn't be a surprise that this team improved 4 games over 05 last season and should be even better in 07.

Thank You.

I wouldn't have written what I did or believe what I do if I didn't think these guys had the heart, the guts, AND, the ability to get better and succeed in this league.

We're not talking about positions we could HIDE anybody either. The ENTIRE middle of the offensive line. The #2 Wide Out. The Will Linebacker. We're talking positions you step up and show you can play or you can't.

I am also talking about how improved play by guys going into their second year at these positions will make this a better team internally. So much emphasis is on bringing guys in that will have all that IMPACT when in fact greater production thru improvement from within has more IMPACT than all those FA's who we see fall way short of expectations over and over.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:
longtimefan said:
pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:

Thank you LT!

Yes it is...

To me that isnt showing Alan is claiming Ted is bigger then the team..
Nope.....but that won't stop Pyle from trying to say i did. I mean......why be factual if it won't help your argument? He has MUCH more fun making it up!
He likes reading things into statements that were not made. That way, he can come back later and TRY to twist them around.
I know I didn't say what he says i did, but that won't stop him. He's so full of himself it's actually funny!
Man....i only HOPE to be as perfect and all knowing as him someday!!!
(If i ever do.....please shoot me)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, where we at with this thread gentlemen (and ladies)??
Pyle thinks he's perfect, never wrong, and if you disagree with him your stupid. Only his (and Oannes) opinions matter, everyone else is blind to the facts that the Packers will ALWAYS suck as long as TT is GM.
I think that sums it up.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I think that show is called South Park.

BTW, I like your avatar Trom.

I gots a feeling this is about to be..... :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts