Why I am not worried about the 49ers

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh well I guess the Packers should just stop playing, they have no chance.

*According to the great football mind: some random Packer "fan" on a message board.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona in the top 3..

You are joking, correct?

I'll bookmark this page and show off your post at the end of the season.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona in the top 3..

You are joking, correct?

I'll bookmark this page and show off your post at the end of the season.
Bookmark whatever you want.

We took "8th place" last year, losing in the NFC Final Four. So does that mean the people who rated us #1 last year in week 3 were stupid?

This is a current power ranking.

Have you watched Arizona & their defense?

They beat Seattle.
They won at New England.
They crushed 2-0 Philly today.

You have more than 3 teams you can tell me who have done better than that thru 3 games?
That's what we are judging: THIS season so far. Not last or 2010, or predicting.
Go ahead, tell us. Then let's bookmark it.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philly and Seattle are not exactly power houses, putting the Cards above the Packers and 49ers is absolutely
ridiculous. Power rankings are not simply wins/loses.. THIS season so far, we know Kolb is only a solid backup at best, and he is their starting QB. Please find me a list that ranks the Cards as high as 3 after tomorrow night. Hint: you won't find one.

Anyway, let's see how your list looks at the end of week 17. I know, I know, your power rankings mean nothing after only 3 weeks and the list after week 17 will look very different.

So, yeah, great list you have there. Worth typing and all of that..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 9ers losing to the Vikes means as much as the Packers losing to the 9ers.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Or just maybe they aren't quite as good as we, their fans and they think they are?

Speaking of pissed off I love it when Harbaugh gets into a rage. I hope the regular officials get back soon and shut up his pie hole.
Or maybe the Vikings are better than what everyone thinks? Nah.

BTW, the Vikings up 144 yards rushing on the Niners. That's more than Detroit and Green Bay combined.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49er's must have been reading their own press clippings. There is no reason they should lose to Minny. I have to say one thing... The 49er's have been doing a lot of traveling so far. Week 1 in GB, Week 2 in SF (at night), Week 3 in Minnesota.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I guess it just takes real men, like those in Indy to get by the power house known as the Vikings.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikes are improving. Good win for them today.

Philly and Seattle are not exactly power houses, putting the Cards above the Packers and 49ers is absolutely
ridiculous. Power rankings are not simply wins/loses.. THIS season so far, we know Kolb is only a solid backup at best, and he is their starting QB. Please find me a list that ranks the Cards as high as 3 after tomorrow night. Hint: you won't find one.

Anyway, let's see how your list looks at the end of week 17. I know, I know, your power rankings mean nothing after only 3 weeks and the list after week 17 will look very different.

So, yeah, great list you have there. Worth typing and all of that..

Arizona's defense is legit and I'm willing to call them a top 5 team right now. The NFC West is much improved. And let's not question the Seahawks before we face off against them tomorrow...

I think calling the Packers a top 3 team is premature at this point. Our defense looks improved but the offense hasn't shown up yet...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I can't even attempt power rankings.

It's like this season.......Gosh I don't know. It's odd. It almost feels like anyone can possibly beat or lose to anyone in any game so far. The refs are a joke too which doesn't help things.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

BTW, the Vikings up 144 yards rushing on the Niners. That's more than Detroit and Green Bay combined.

Don't forget, since 2002 every season someone has gone from last to first in their division in one year.:eek:

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying they are a top 3 team, that is definitely debatable, but I don't believe the cards are in the same ball park as the Pack.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I might be one of 2 people outside of Texas who is actually feeling the Cowboys this year. This year is nuts to me so far and the refs are a joke. So watch out for the circus in Dallas.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
guess the mighty 9ers are human after all. Ponder actually looked pretty damn good for a 2nd year guy. Looks like he isnt going to hit any sophmore slump.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might be one of 2 people outside of Texas who is actually feeling the Cowboys this year. This year is nuts to me so far and the refs are a joke. So watch out for the circus in Dallas.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Any feelings I may have had for the Cowboys went out the window when I heard Jerry Jones respond to all the criticisms about the replacement refs by saying that on any given Sunday there are always complaints about the refs. **** you Hopalong Cassidy and give the refs a decent offer to get them back to work!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Yup. They made a believer out of me. I'd have never expected those results against that Niner team.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ the hold out refs (originals) HAVE had good offers. I have read in several places that they can get up to as much as $150,000 per year......DAMN. Then they still complain that they can't live during the off season and they need a 2nd job......well....WAHHH WAHHH....cry me a river. For only having to work 5 months out of the years they get paid well. Get back to work you greedy bastards. Learn to budget yourself.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Not by us.

New Power Rankings:
  1. Houston
  2. Atlanta
  3. Arizona
  4. (GAP)
  5. Minnesota
  6. Seattle-Green Bay winner

That has to be the funniest list ever...lol...thanks for the monday morning laugh.
Arizona @ #3..lmao
No Giants? lol
Pack @ 6 lol
Minn @ 5....super laugher

You should go work for Fox sports.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
^ the hold out refs (originals) HAVE had good offers. I have read in several places that they can get up to as much as $150,000 per year......DAMN. Then they still complain that they can't live during the off season and they need a 2nd job......well....WAHHH WAHHH....cry me a river. For only having to work 5 months out of the years they get paid well. Get back to work you greedy bastards. Learn to budget yourself.

This topic was locked in another thread. But don't believe they all make that kind of money. Most of them only make in the 25 to 50 thou range. A lot of them quit their second jobs because in today's job market employers aren't looking too kindly on the time they are taking off to officiate games.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That has to be the funniest list ever...lol...thanks for the monday morning laugh.
Arizona @ #3..lmao
No Giants? lol
Pack @ 6 lol
Minn @ 5....super laugher

You should go work for Fox sports.
The Vikings was for a laugh but if being one of the only 2 or 3 teams who is 3-0, and winning at New England, beating Philly (their only loss) and beating Seattle isn't good enough for you to be ranked #3 so far, then tell me who is.

You think the Giants, who lost at home to Dallas, has a better resume THIS season than that?
I bet you neither of you 2 youngsters have even watched the Arizona games at all.... they stymied Marshawn Lynch and the Seahawks. They went up to Foxboro and handed the Patriots their first home opener loss in a decade. Then yesterday they handed the 2-0 Dream Team the Eagles a hard spanking. Their defense is fantastic.

This just in: Last season is over.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
sorry rizzo, you need to listen/watch/research before making any type of list like that.

My top teams:
1 Houstan
2 Atlanta
3 49ers
4 Giants
5 Packers
6 Arizona
7 Ravens
8 Eagles
9 Bengals
10 Bears

That is just my opinion, but I beleive it to be a better list than yours. How could you leave off Houstan and Atlanta? Houstan has the best defense and are 3-0

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ yup, impressive indeed. Ponder looked good. But like I have said, any given Sunday. If minn. can keep that up (doubtful), then I would give them more respect. Till then, they don't rank well at all since their other win was an OT winn vs the Jags and they lost to the colts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts