Why Favre may be the way he is.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey somthing occoured to me. I think I might know a reason why Favre is making so many poor decisions during games. A reason we may be forgeting is that Brett no longer has his dad to answer too. His dad was harder on him than his coaches were or are now. he may have had second thoughts to make stupid mistakes when his dad ws here but now that his dad is gone his arm is more of I guess a "loose Cannon". Just a few thoughts to feast on.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know...I'm not so sure that Brett is any different than he ever was...he was pulling the same stuff back in the early 90s, heck, his whole career. I just think that the talent around him isn't able to make up for his mistakes, or, conversly, Brett trusts the talent more than he should.

I think Brett's career int high was in ~1993 when his dad was still around.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre always had some real weapons to throw to. He only has one left.

Look at the 90s receiver postition depth on the Packer teams...

Look at the depth on this team. To boot, the RB position has been a huge ???? this year, Who does Favre have to rely on this year?

Franks has been injured A LOT! who's better? David Martin or Ed west? Donald Lee or Keith Jackson?

Who is better Driver or Freeman? Driver or Brooks? Driver or Sharpe?
When Sharpe went down, Brooks stepped up. When Brooks went down, Freeman stepped up. Freeman went down, we still had Beebe, Driver, Schroeder and a healthy Chmura, Dorsey Levens, etc.

Packers have NEVER endured the rash of injuries to key players in a single season like this year.

Some folks may poo poo the idea that injuries are the cause of the losses but, they are.

Packers defense has improved a great deal but The offensive depth has been shattered and the defense isn't good enough to over come the lack of playmakers on Offense... With Favre or otherwise.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bottom line is that Favre is not coached properly by this group of lackeys. Every one of them, from Mike Sherman on down, have become so accustomed to having their ***** bailed out by Favre that they forgot to drill him on the rudiments of the position, and the devolution is obvious and manifest at this point.

This coaching staff is full of hacks and never-beens on offense....and with Favre no longer at the pinnacle of his powers, thay are now looking like the mutts that they are.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, although I don't feel as strongly as you do, digs, I agree that this is a key area the coaching staff has failed in (and I'm still a MS supporter).

Keep in mind that Brett almost NEVER listened to what anyone said, even when MH was around, however, MH was at least willing to get in his face when "bonehead brett" surfaced. Everyone should be held accountable for mistakes regardless of what they mean to the organization, and MS et al have come up short in this regard.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What a bunch of bullshiiiiiite...

"diminishing skills"..."boneheadedness"...bullsh*t...

Get some talented receivers around him...some guys who can pass protect...and an RB who can get at least 90 yards a game...and you'll see Brett Favre leading the league next year..and the year afters....PERIOD!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66, there is no accountiong for the injuries to 60% of the WRs, or 67% of our RBs...just an unfortunate freakish injury scenario. But the fact is that these guys (MS/TR) are incapable of calling a complete, coherent game, and they have ***-kissed Favre all the way back to silly HS plays that he is now making egularly.

Musccy...do not diminish the hold that Holmgren had over Favre. Mooch had to function as the buffer between those two as that is how heated and in-your-face it got at times.

Sherman said in an article over at the Gazette that he has "had talks" with Favre but did not want to temper what makes him great by demanding he play too close to the vest. Hey, Mike...you are the coach, he is the player...you don't ask in this situation, you DEMAND and make sure it is followed through on. You do what is best for the team, not Brett Favre. But sadly, it might be too late as Favre's regression is huge at this point.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What are you talking about.."Favre's regression"...Digs?

He was getting hammered in the Bears game with no talent receivers..and no logical coherent game plan...(that's what I liked about Holmgren..he mixed it up to keep the Defense off balance..)....

If ANYONE throws the ball 58 times in a game..their bound to throw some picks....(even the great Peyton Manning..)

Yes..Sherman is a lousy coach...but don't paint Favre with that brush...

What were his stats last year? Do you think that the injuries might have something to do with his stats this year?

People don't seem to realize that winning the game..IS all on Favre's shoulders this year...that fact MAKES you have to take risks if you don't have a running game..or it's 3 and outs all day....and why show up at all..at that point?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not talking about his skills, 66. I am talking about the frequency of "Bad Brett" surfacing. Most of it is coaching, or a lack thereof, but he is starting to pull Harry H.S. **** on his own as well. I hope like hell I am wrong and he comes back big-time next year. I just wonder at this point if he has any faith in MS/TR to do the right thing.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack, the games are not all on Brett.

For example, if that were the case, why, in spite of 5 picks (which usually would put you way behind the 8 ball e.g. MNF last night) were the Pack still in the game? The defense.

And, if you're going to say that the games are all on Brett, then you are suggesting that a loss is all his fault...afterall, he is who is principally responsible (according to you), so if the lose, you should point the finger at him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts