Why don't the Packers get love?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where does everyone go for their NFL analysis and news?

For packers jsonline's packer blog.

for daily news, profootballtalk.com since its the fastest next to twitter.

On monday I read Peter king, wednesday I watch highlights on showtime's inside the NFL, I also read football outsiders, 5th down from the NY times, and a few other ones from time to time. Even though I am far from a colts fan 18to88.com is a great blog.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheeseheadtv.com is a nice "blog". Blog is in quotes, because they've grown quite big, it's not just a blog anymore... To me it's a daily read, actually, my first read, together with this forum...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except for Monday Night Football, I avoid ESPN like the plague.

Other than MJS, which I imagine most people know about, I highly recommend CheeseheadTV.com for Packers related stories. Aaron and Corey do a phenomenal job talking Packers football, and are pretty impartial when it comes to breakdowns of our roster. Aaron watches almost as much game film as the players it seems, so he knows what he's talking about.

For breaking news or rumors, PFT can't be beat. One of the best. I also follow most guys on Twitter, so you get a lot of the breaking stories pretty quick.

For general discussion of all things football, FootballProsLive.com is a phenomenal site put together by Cris Collinsworth, Andy Freeland, Turk Schonert and a few other NFL Personnel. Think "Inside the NFL" but in web form. I strongly urge you to check it out. Pop into the chat room on gameday too. Lots of good times.

For discussions on Packer football, well, here I am.

So that covers the interwebs.. For TV, since I don't pay for Showtime, I get most of my NFL news, insights and analysis from NFL Network. Total Access is hands down one of the best at covering top stories from all throughout the league, and Playbook is an excellent X's and O's type show. Playbook not only covers the weekly matchups, but goes into details on their daily show about prior weeks matchups, showing how and why teams won. Really, you don't get much better insight and analysis than what Playbook brings.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Well the bears packers game is getting no love, I just watched espn and they had week 3 best games and the games they had are jets fins. Lions queens, bucs steelers and cowboys texans. Are you kidding me???? Steelers bucs??? But yet no bears packers the longest biggest rival on mnf! Bspn is getting more and more annoying.

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also saw that Bill Simmons picked the Bears to beat us because of Jay Cutler. Which ironically is one of the main reasons I don't think the Bears can beat us nor do I think they can ultimately succeed.

Jay Cutler! He's the surprise of the 2010 season: slinging BBs, buying himself time, making do with a mediocre receiving crew, showing (gasp!) leadership, playing as well as any quarterback and improbably pulling the good people of Chicago on his side (and they hated him).
Bill Simmons NFL Week 3 picks - ESPN

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the bears packers game is getting no love, I just watched espn and they had week 3 best games and the games they had are jets fins. Lions queens, bucs steelers and cowboys texans. Are you kidding me???? Steelers bucs??? But yet no bears packers the longest biggest rival on mnf! Bspn is getting more and more annoying.
Well to be fair I do believe they mean the 3 "Best games" of the weekend. Since we play on MNF I don't think we qualify. Could be wrong though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will spend all monday talking about the packers and bears so no need to worry.

I feel like every fan base complains about this stuff.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will spend all monday talking about the packers and bears so no need to worry.

I feel like every fan base complains about this stuff.

Agreed. I understand it's a sense of pride for fans to have their teams fawned over by the media day in and day out, but honestly, I'd rather we *not* be the topic of conversation all the time. I don't need the media to feel good about my team.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I understand it's a sense of pride for fans to have their teams fawned over by the media day in and day out, but honestly, I'd rather we *not* be the topic of conversation all the time. I don't need the media to feel good about my team.
Agreed.
Who cares what they think.
All what matters is what you think. :dontknow:

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of torn on this subject. I would like to hear and see more of the Packers on TV as I live in a totally different area and with my work schedule I don't always get to see the games. Yet on the other hand I am all about being under the radar. The less the Pack is hyped, the less other teams will fear the Pack, which means they won't gameplan and worry as much. I am ok with that.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah poor us we dont get any love. I mean other than the 4 nationally televised games and every sportswriter and tv guy picking the pack to go to the Superbowl. No love, and its terrible. We should all be pissed.

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we should get Love. I think he would be a great tight end. But we're already stacked at that position and I don't think the Timberwolves are ready to give up on him just yet.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we should get Love. I think he would be a great tight end. But we're already stacked at that position and I don't think the Timberwolves are ready to give up on him just yet.

HAHAHAHAHA I had to read this twice to figure it out:happy0005:

Members online

Latest posts