Why didn't we trade for Marshawn Lynch again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we offered a 4th and Hawk is my understanding. No way that would have been smart had that been played out.

That wasn't a joe arrigo rumor was it? I can't see TT offering up Hawk. I think TT still thinks pretty highly of him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That wasn't a joe arrigo rumor was it? I can't see TT offering up Hawk. I think TT still thinks pretty highly of him.

Hell no

It was on jsonline blog

I posted a link to it NUMEROUS times

twice just in the last 2 days

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol what a bunch of babies in the beginning of this thread. "We got a game coming up, stop worrying about trades we shoulda made" Oh Yeah, Your right! let me go study the play book real quick!........ The F*** outta here.

I'm really surprised you guys are still hating on Lynch this guy was a 1st round pick and is an awesome back. I live in Buffalo and I've seen almost all his games. He is better than any back we have. Hell he might be better than Grant. He hasn't been great the last 2 seasons I'll give you that. He's gone through a lot though. He was suspended, traded, all while being on 2 awful teams and that isn't even mentioning the injuries hes played through. Lynch for a 3rd or 4th rounder is a STEAL. I was clambering for Ted to sign Brian Westbrook in the off season and then to trade for Lynch pre-deadline. Both were mistakes by Ted. idgaf what stats you can pull up. But in the end Ted is an awesome GM and he has done SO MUCH for this team while limiting himself by not signing any Free agents other than Woodson. I'm just saying I really wanted us to get a running back I would be confident in. Lynch would have done that and for a cheap price.

But yeah I am SO PUMPED WE BEAT PHILLY!!! BRING IT ON ATLANTA!!!!!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
lol what a bunch of babies in the beginning of this thread. "We got a game coming up, stop worrying about trades we shoulda made" Oh Yeah, Your right! let me go study the play book real quick!........ The F*** outta here.

I'm really surprised you guys are still hating on Lynch this guy was a 1st round pick and is an awesome back. I live in Buffalo and I've seen almost all his games. He is better than any back we have. Hell he might be better than Grant. He hasn't been great the last 2 seasons I'll give you that. He's gone through a lot though. He was suspended, traded, all while being on 2 awful teams and that isn't even mentioning the injuries hes played through. Lynch for a 3rd or 4th rounder is a STEAL. I was clambering for Ted to sign Brian Westbrook in the off season then to trade for Lynch pre-deadline. Both were mistakes by Ted. idgaf what stats you can pull up. But in the end Ted is an awesome GM and he has done SO MUCH for this team while limiting himself by not signing any Free agents other than Woodson. I'm just saying I really wanted us to get a running back I would be confident in. Lynch would have done that and for a cheap price.

HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED!!!! Ted was gonna give a 4th and Aj hawk but buffalo said NO!!! Damn you lynch lovers it's pathetic

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm really surprised you guys are still hating on Lynch this guy was a 1st round pick and is an awesome back. I live in Buffalo and I've seen almost all his games. He is better than any back we have. Hell he might be better than Grant. He hasn't been great the last 2 seasons I'll give you that. He's gone through a lot though. He was suspended, traded, all while being on 2 awful teams and that isn't even mentioning the injuries hes played through. Lynch for a 3rd or 4th rounder is a STEAL. I was clambering for Ted to sign Brian Westbrook in the off season and then to trade for Lynch pre-deadline. Both were mistakes by Ted. idgaf what stats you can pull up. But in the end Ted is an awesome GM and he has done SO MUCH for this team while limiting himself by not signing any Free agents other than Woodson. I'm just saying I really wanted us to get a running back I would be confident in. Lynch would have done that and for a cheap price.

Thank GOD you don't make the decisions for this team. I'm sorry, but giving up two draft picks is not a cheap price. If he was so awesome, why did he fall to 3rd on the f*cking Bills depth chart, genius?

And both were mistakes by Ted? Really? James Starks puts up 123 yards yesterday, but not overhauling our entire RB corps. by bringing in Westbrook and trading for Lynch was a mistake? Spoken like an anti-TT, pro Favre homer. Seriously, **** of here with that nonsense. If Lynch was that good, why didn't he help Seattle to a WINNING record? Oh yeah, because he's not. One run does not a season make.

And I don't care if he's a former first round draft pick. A guy being drafted in the first round means jack **** if we can't use him. The FACT is, when comparing two equally porous offensive lines, Lynch had less production than Jackson THIS season.

BTW, Jackson had 115 yards against the Redskins and 90 something yards against the Patriots and both of those are games we lost. To say our lack of being able to run the ball effectively cost us games is nonsense.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I love when people refuse to admit they are wrong on something so obvious.

Losing Hawk would have killed us this season. Lynch would brought nothing to the table.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love when people refuse to admit they are wrong on something so obvious.

Losing Hawk would have killed us this season. Lynch would brought nothing to the table.

Don't be all trying to bring logic and **** to the discussion now! Knee-Jerk, irrational thoughts only, come on now! :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Well looks like your the cry baby? I was trying to stop the stupid *** arguments with something that didnt happen and have people look forward to the game

Pardon me :)

But lets play this game?

What if we got Sanders

OMG

Who was so stupid not to trade up for him? Wow we would have won 5 SB with him and Bret

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well looks like your the cry baby? I was trying to stop the stupid *** arguments with something that didnt happen and have people look forward to the game

Pardon me :)

But lets play this game?

What if we got Sanders

OMG

Who was so stupid not to trade up for him? Wow we would have won 5 SB with him and Bret

Can I play?

How do we know we would have got sexter? we could have been the Lions of the 90s

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

ESPN.com: Seattle Seahawks Message Board

RB Mark Ingram would be nice, let's face it Lynch and Forsett aren't getting the job done.

think about it, if you had a running back that is fast and can get the ball out on the flat and create his own plays, we would have alot more offensive play calling and can do a variety of things. we do not have this option with lynch and forsett.

this team has progressively gotten worse since the Lynch acquisition.
Looks like SOME Seattle fans didnt think Lynch was good either?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You know, I've been quiet since I came here. I just suggested from time to time that James Starks could be the answer. I didn't want to rock the boat and get all loud.
Will people please listen now? Lynch wasn't the answer and kudos to the front office they didn't throw away the franchise's future for him.
He's not Adrian Peterson ,he's not Michael Turner, he's Marshawn Lynch. I think what gets lost in alot of conversations is the stats. One good run a game makes you a superstar right? Lynch doesn't have that ability. He's not gonna give you the one or two good runs each game. He's pedestrian.
Mark my words, barring injury, James Starks is going to be every bit as good as Ryan Grant, perhaps better. And he will for certain be better than giving a 3rd round pick and a LB. The future starts now, we didn't give up the draft picks and going on what we've done in the draft I'm delighted they passed on it.
Go Starks, go Pack.

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank GOD you don't make the decisions for this team. I'm sorry, but giving up two draft picks is not a cheap price. If he was so awesome, why did he fall to 3rd on the f*cking Bills depth chart, genius?

I don't think he ever really dropped to third on the depth chart. Get your facts straight idiot. Before he got traded he was getting a big share of the carries. Fred Jackson is a really good back, no shame in splitting carries with him. The Bills also wanted to try and use Spiller in a "Reggie Bush" type roll. Giving up a 3rd or a 4th round pick is a steal for Beast Mode.

And both were mistakes by Ted? Really? James Starks puts up 123 yards yesterday, but not overhauling our entire RB corps. by bringing in Westbrook and trading for Lynch was a mistake?

We had 1 or 2 big games by our running backs all year. We are a really good team, too good to be losing to teams like Washington, Detroit, and Miami. We made it a lot easier for those teams to stop our offense because we didn't have a running back for them to worry about. It didn't make sense to me that we were making it so ******* Rodgers. Not giving this offense a viable running threat was a mistake. And who said we had to overhaul the RB position dipsh*t? I Just wanted the team to add another former pro bowl piece. Your making this seem a lot more drastic than it is dumb@ss. We could have got Brian Westbrook for so cheap. Dude was one of the best RBs in the NFL when he was healthy. He runs draws and screens much more effectively than Grant, Jackson, or Kuhn.

Spoken like an anti-TT, pro Favre homer. Seriously, **** of here with that nonsense. If Lynch was that good, why didn't he help Seattle to a WINNING record? Oh yeah, because he's not. One run does not a season make.

You don't know a damn thing about me. I'm obviously not Anti-TT. I went out of my way to give the guy props in my post numb nuts. Quit putting words in my mouth. About the Seahawks record, Did you see what guys like Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, and Arian Foster's teams did this year? So let me guess they all suck too don't they?

And I don't care if he's a former first round draft pick. A guy being drafted in the first round means jack **** if we can't use him. The FACT is, when comparing two equally porous offensive lines, Lynch had less production than Jackson THIS season.

Lynch had more yards per game. You also have to take into account how many times the Seahawks were down big and had to abandon the running game. Lynch is clearly better than Jackson. Lynch has had two 1300 total yard seasons.

BTW, Jackson had 115 yards against the Redskins and 90 something yards against the Patriots and both of those are games we lost. To say our lack of being able to run the ball effectively cost us games is nonsense.
How is it nonsense when teams could put as many DBs on the field as they wanted earlier in the season because they didn't fear brandon jackson at all. How is it nonsense when we are terrible on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and short?

lol @ people suggesting we had to make a Herschel Walker type deal to get Lynch. A 2nd rounder at most would have got it done.

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And in hindsight that would have been too much.
Are you serious?
You guys are overvaluing the draft more than TT. Just wait till the draft when we take a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round. The guy we draft isn't gonna be as good as lynch.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with Sparta on this one. I think your logic is whack.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone want to guess the stats line on lynch this weekend?

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with Sparta on this one. I think your logic is whack.

my logic isn't wack at all. Lynch is a beast and whoever we take with that pick isn't gonna be as good as he is. Dude can make something out of nothing. Only guy on our team that can do anything close to that is Driver.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVcyD0SwEg&feature=related]YouTube - Marshawn Lynch Beast Mode Highlight 2[/ame]

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all that talent you speak of lead to pretty much the same stats as Jackson.

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes you think the Packers will select a RB with a high draft choice (or at all)? We have Grant and Starks already signed next year. And TT could extend Jackson's contract if he wanted.

With Starks breaking out, it looks like RB may be one of our strongest areas.

If a great RB is available, I would grab him, but I certainly wouldn't reach.

Obviously, you feel you know how to GM better than Ted Thompson. Do you still not have faith in him?
I know you saw what I said about TT in my other post idiot. Quit acting like I said anything like this, "Obviously, you feel you know how to GM better than Ted Thompson. Do you still not have faith in him?"
I just don't like the way he handled the RB situation with 2 talented guys (Westbrook and Lynch) being dangled out there for cheap. RB is not one of our strongest positions at all unless Starks keeps doing big things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts