Why didn't Rodgers tweet a special goodbye to Greg Jennings?

Tbone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nonsense. It's because MN chose to over-pay him. If TT had offered him more money than they did, he would have signed here.

You think they overpaid him? 9.5 a year isn't terrible, TT offered him 11 before last year. He's every bit as good as Wallace, at least for the next two years. After that he's not guaranteed anything. He said it himself, he wants more touches and to feel wanted. Listen to his Jim Rome interview.

M

mayo44

You think they overpaid him? 9.5 a year isn't terrible, TT offered him 11 before last year. He's every bit as good as Wallace, at least for the next two years. After that he's not guaranteed anything. He said it himself, he wants more touches and to feel wanted. Listen to his Jim Rome interview.

Yes, 9.5M a year is too much for a guy coming off a year where he was injured so much. He's not 25 years old anymore.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9.5 is way too much for a "me" guy on the backside of his career. If you are going to ***** about getting touches because its a contract year then take a hike and I think that is exactly the way TT played this.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
9.5 is way too much for a "me" guy on the backside of his career. If you are going to ***** about getting touches because its a contract year then take a hike and I think that is exactly the way TT played this.
So, I take it then, in the next two years when both Nelson and Jones are looking for a new contract 9.5 will be to much for them because they to will be on the "backside" of their careers.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, I take it then, in the next two years when both Nelson and Jones are looking for a new contract 9.5 will be to much for them because they to will be on the "backside" of their careers.

As far as I'm concerned this issue is neither here nor there; impossible to talk about too much/not enough before the guys plays.

Why I can't get behind is a guy who pouts because his current team is "disrespecting" him with their proffered extension contract, and then goes out on the open market to "get paid" but eventually signs elsewhere for less than the extension offer and keeps pouting about it!
Greg, I I get it, you're upset. But you have ONLY yourself to blame! You gambled and lost! You left money on the table because you, YOU!, over-estimated your value. Be made; fine. But don't be mad at the Packers. They were offering you more than the open-market decided you were worth. If anything, you should have MORE love for the Packers now, seeing as how they apparently offered you the largest contracts. Put on your big-boy pants, like you're always telling everyone you do, and how you're always telling everyone else to do, and take your medicine like a man.

Ungrateful *****. It all comes out in the wash. Holier than thou Christians infuriate me. When the sham falls apart, and people see you're not as perfect as try to convince them you are, you make the rest of us look like ********.

H

HardRightEdge

Actually, Jones' deal is up after 2013. Nelson has 2 years left. Neither of those guys are $9.5 million players. Cobb might get there if he continues to progress. He's in his third year, Jennings is gone. I expect a breakout year in 2013 or 2014.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He went to a rival team because they paid him. You think for a moment had the Pats put up the same offer as the Vikes he would be in MN? I don't.
BINGO!!!
Isn't it funny that the Pats, or any of the other WR-strapped teams DID NOT think Jennings was worth close to that?
Isn't it funny that only the Vikings thought Longwell, and Sharper, were also worth what the Vikings offered?

Jealousy..... you can keep signing our guys, but the ring total will remain at a GOOSE-EGG.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Jones' deal is up after 2013. Nelson has 2 years left. Neither of those guys are $9.5 million players. Cobb might get there if he continues to progress. He's in his third year, Jennings is gone. I expect a breakout year in 2013 or 2014.

I think the breakout year was last season when he set the franchise record for yardage in a season

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
As far as I can tell no one here knows how much guaranteed money the Packers offered Jennings before the season. And if you don't know how much was guaranteed, there's no way to compare contracts.

H

HardRightEdge

I think the breakout year was last season when he set the franchise record for yardage in a season

An all purpose yardage record padded with kick returns is not the kind of breakout that gets you the kind of money we were talking about.

I think more of him than you, evidently. I think he can be a 1200 yd. receiver.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

As far as I'm concerned this issue is neither here nor there; impossible to talk about too much/not enough before the guys plays.

Why I can't get behind is a guy who pouts because his current team is "disrespecting" him with their proffered extension contract, and then goes out on the open market to "get paid" but eventually signs elsewhere for less than the extension offer and keeps pouting about it!
Greg, I I get it, you're upset. But you have ONLY yourself to blame! You gambled and lost! You left money on the table because you, YOU!, over-estimated your value. Be made; fine. But don't be mad at the Packers. They were offering you more than the open-market decided you were worth. If anything, you should have MORE love for the Packers now, seeing as how they apparently offered you the largest contracts. Put on your big-boy pants, like you're always telling everyone you do, and how you're always telling everyone else to do, and take your medicine like a man.

Ungrateful *****. It all comes out in the wash. Holier than thou Christians infuriate me. When the sham falls apart, and people see you're not as perfect as try to convince them you are, you make the rest of us look like ********.
Wow Bozz, don`t hold back there bud.....say it like you feel it :roflmao:

OP
OP
Pacal

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you know if Jennings said goodbye in person? Tweeting Walden could have been the only goodbye. Why are we even speculating on this?

It's not about telling the person directly your appreciation. It's about doing it publicly.

Rodgers has done it publicly on Twitter with many departing Packers, from Nick Barnett to Charles Woodson.

When he doesn't do it, it kind of sticks out.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Sure, Rodgers had a tweet about it being sad to see people go.

But he has yet to tweet anything specifically mentioning Jennings' departure.
The bigger question is, "Who really cares and why does it matter?" Not like they were dating.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Nah...but they might be savvy enough to take the proverbial $11M when it's out there on the table... anyway ... I like Jennings. Sad to see him go. Same as I'll be sad to hold the door open for Jordy and James if they over-value their services as well.

Know what would be cool? Contracts that bind both parties to REAL terms. Real money. Not "cap" dollars. It's hard to blame guys like Jennings for leaving on $18million guaranteed money ... I mean, that's REAL money. The other $30M, he may never see because ownership can dump these guys at will. Hard to feel bad for players when you're talking about that many zeroes ... but ... you know...

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
What does a tweet have to do with anything?
Who cares if Rodgers hates Jennings guts?
What does any of it have to do with anything?
GJ signed for more money with the Vikings. I would too. Players say stuff because their agents ask them to. Jennings isn't from here, he played here, much like if I had a job in Minnesota I'd still be a Packer fan. I'd work in Minnesota if the money was right.
Folks, this is their job. They play pro football. You work as a carpenter. You'd leave your company for more bucks. Silly talk.
Good luck to Greg and I promise you, Aaron Rodgers nor Greg Jennings has ever lost one second of sleep over it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there was more a rift than any of us knew, and TT raised the bar for MN to pay, yet got a guy out of the locker room that wasn't gelling with our prized QB anymore....than we win, especially since WR is a position of plenty

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If there was more a rift than any of us knew, and TT raised the bar for MN to pay, yet got a guy out of the locker room that wasn't gelling with our prized QB anymore....than we win, especially since WR is a position of plenty

Plus TT has a good eye for WR talent.....keep an eye on the 5th round of this draft and watch him pull a gem.

Members online

Latest posts