Why did it happen?

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was Today's defensive failure (poor showing) the result of:

1. Capers being out coached?

2. Warner using all his experience to rip apart our secondary was a life time performance?

3. We just don't have the right players?

4. We are too young and the playoffs was just a learning experience for us?

5. Its was just a great game, and the football god's bounced the ball toward Arizona?

6. Collins and Bigby are not the answer at safety, and we definitely need another CB?

7. Outside of Mathews, Jones, Hawk, Chillar and Barnett just can't get any pressure on the QB nor can they do anything in pass coverage?

8. Open to any other ideas?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our secondary being completely lost on the field. The injuries to our 3 secondary players really hurt us. Dom Capers didn't seem to make the right calls at the right times.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Options number 1 and number 2 are correct. I've said the same thing before, while blitzing is good and all you have to come up with a play that still covers the ENTIRE FIELD. The packers give up way too many holes in coverage. It all depends on whether or not the opposing quarterbacks see it. Brett Favre, Kurt Warner and Ben Roethlisberger are all smart QB's who have shown evidence by beating us that this is the weakest link in our defense.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Officials' blind eye to roughing and facemasking violations against Rodgers in overtime?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was Today's defensive failure (poor showing) the result of:

1. Capers being out coached?

2. Warner using all his experience to rip apart our secondary was a life time performance?

3. We just don't have the right players?

4. We are too young and the playoffs was just a learning experience for us?

5. Its was just a great game, and the football god's bounced the ball toward Arizona?

6. Collins and Bigby are not the answer at safety, and we definitely need another CB?

7. Outside of Mathews, Jones, Hawk, Chillar and Barnett just can't get any pressure on the QB nor can they do anything in pass coverage?

8. Open to any other ideas?
How about all the above?

It's not just one thing. It's a combo.
If Rodgers would have made that final pass (Receiver?) it looked like it would have been a TD.
If this or that would have happened for GB.... V for GB.

For some reason the D-Fence wasn't there.
Maybe last week's meaningless win against the Crudnels just fooled the team?
We hardly played the 1st stringers so we didn't really know what we were up against.

Face it. Ariz was just the better team today.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Officials' blind eye to roughing and facemasking violations against Rodgers in overtime?

still cant believe either of those...i mean come on, there is an official whos job is to watch the quarterback and the quarterback only and he didnt call either of them!

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
still cant believe either of those...i mean come on, there is an official whos job is to watch the quarterback and the quarterback only and he didnt call either of them!

this whining is quickly turning pathetic. they got whipped like a stray dog. quit with the blame game and accept the better team won.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not blaming anything, didnt use it as an excuse or anything...just said that two blatantly obvious calls were not made and i couldnt believe it...

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not blaming anything, didnt use it as an excuse or anything...just said that two blatantly obvious calls were not made and i couldnt believe it...

and i'll wager money there are threads on the AZ forum tonight with people *****ing about the calls they didn't like, or didn't get. the point is, it's all a little tiring, don't you think?

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with making an observation. If it seems like whining then so be it. in the NFL's almost neurotic vigilance to protect QB's I find it hard to believe no one saw the helmet to helmet hit. They found the hold in the scrum but didn't see a player leading with the crown of his helmet in plain view. Whether it changed the outcome of the game I don't know, but it is the correct observation that it was missed.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're talking about bad calls (and with no relation to the outcome of the game), look at the last offensive TD of the Cardinals during regulation: Jenkins is held and pushed on Warner, Fitz smacks down Woodson in the end zone, then he makes the great TD catch. Flag down: roughing the passer. That was just bad. And I don't think it changed the game, but it was just awful.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts