Why can't we be friends?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Can we all take a second to acknowledge the following:
-Minnesota has a good football team
-Green Bay has a good football team

I've grown sick of reading "arglebargleargle THE PACKERS SUCK FOR THIS REASON AND THAT!". I'm also sick of reading "herghberghjergh THE VIKINGS ARE THE DEVIL!"

I mean, for God's sakes, can we all just acknowledge that both teams are good and move on? Or does every thread have to devolve in to an argument between Jeff/Skol and the rest of the forum?

/venting

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we all take a second to acknowledge the following:
-Minnesota has a good football team
-Green Bay has a good football team

I've grown sick of reading "arglebargleargle THE PACKERS SUCK FOR THIS REASON AND THAT!". I'm also sick of reading "herghberghjergh THE VIKINGS ARE THE DEVIL!"

I mean, for God's sakes, can we all just acknowledge that both teams are good and move on? Or does every thread have to devolve in to an argument between Jeff/Skol and the rest of the forum?

/venting

OK LMAO, its 2:00am and Im laughing like a moron.

I agree tbh :)

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
They're fans of division rivals on our forum, did you think they came here for pleasant conversation?

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
They're fans of division rivals on our forum, did you think they came here for pleasant conversation?
I would hope so, but i'm overestimating the amount of class people exhibit when given the anonymity of the internet.

I wonder if JeffQuery would walk into a Packers bar in Green Bay and start yelling about Thompson being gay and Favre being the best thing that's happened to the planet Earth since polio was cured.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I would hope so, but i'm overestimating the amount of class people exhibit when given the anonymity of the internet.

I wonder if JeffQuery would walk into a Packers bar in Green Bay and start yelling about Thompson being gay and Favre being the best thing that's happened to the planet Earth since polio was cured.
Nope, they're here to blindly argue their case. If the Vikings were the same team they were last year or two years ago, they wouldn't even be here.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score

I mean, for God's sakes, can we all just acknowledge that both teams are good and move on?

God wouldn't want us to acknowledge the Devil as a good football team...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Something about being online that makes people think they have bigger balls then they normally have

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Actually, many of us do. And for the most part we are intially met with disdain and hatred. Those of us who want to talk football and not smack stick around. I belong to several Packer forums and there is always some new guy who comes in and tells me to shut up and leave. I am here to talk football and not smack, well maybe a little smack every once in a while. I don't hid the fact that I am a Vikings fan. If you don't like me, don't read what I write and don't respond to me.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

And the same goes for Packer fans the way they talk about the Vikings and Childress.... well actually, if you walked into a Vikings bar and shouted that Childress was an idiot they would probably buy you a drink.

Here's my simple rule for being in another teams forum. Say things you would only say if you were in a bar standing next to the people you are talking to. If you wouldn't have the balls to say it in a crowded bar then you shouldn't be typing it.

And to top it off we do have one thing in common......:chisux:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Actually, many of us do. And for the most part we are intially met with disdain and hatred. Those of us who want to talk football and not smack stick around. I belong to several Packer forums and there is always some new guy who comes in and tells me to shut up and leave. I am here to talk football and not smack, well maybe a little smack every once in a while. I don't hid the fact that I am a Vikings fan. If you don't like me, don't read what I write and don't respond to me.
I am all for talking football, but you can't deny that some of the other members from your side are nothing but smack talkers. It's one thing to talk football, it's another thing to just blindly bash our team with nothing but garbage claims. I don't know you well enough, but I've certainly seen enough posts from JeffQuery and Skol guy to know that they are here for the sole purpose of ruffling our feathers. To me, that's just a waste of time and it's immature.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
me too I like the fellas on here(or most)Jess, packersRS are pretty cool dudes that I like jawing with about football. i can talk smack with the best of them and I will defend the vikings when needed. Otherwise I would enter another forum

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am all for talking football, but you can't deny that some of the other members from your side are nothing but smack talkers. It's one thing to talk football, it's another thing to just blindly bash our team with nothing but garbage claims. I don't know you well enough, but I've certainly seen enough posts from JeffQuery and Skol guy to know that they are here for the sole purpose of ruffling our feathers. To me, that's just a waste of time and it's immature.
wrong because i state facts and alot of you young guys are all about 'the vikings suck' and all that garbage. we get it you worship the packers but talk some sensible football talk and i will give props to rodgers a co.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Stick around, I'll tell you all about Packer history.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the same goes for Packer fans the way they talk about the Vikings and Childress.... well actually, if you walked into a Vikings bar and shouted that Childress was an idiot they would probably buy you a drink.

Here's my simple rule for being in another teams forum. Say things you would only say if you were in a bar standing next to the people you are talking to. If you wouldn't have the balls to say it in a crowded bar then you shouldn't be typing it.

And to top it off we do have one thing in common......:chisux:
It is quite funny how packer fans seem to think we adore childress in minnesota. I was kind of hopeing we would fail this year to get rid of chilly

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wrong because i state facts and alot of you young guys are all about 'the vikings suck' and all that garbage. we get it you worship the packers but talk some sensible football talk and i will give props to rodgers a co.
In Skol Guy's defense, he has almost allways said Rodgers would develop into a stud...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Ahghhhh yes how true..

Yet majority of your posts is with a dash of stupidity and sarcasm

That is partly why you were banned before..People grew tired of it..

How many times did I applaud a post you made that was done perfectly instead of your smacker style?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well maybe if you freshen it up abit,the poor packers were robbed or injurys and what if's talk is getting old,stale & crusty. The Packers are in a good position to make a run so enjoy it. Those games that they lost have been forgotten by the players because it ain't so easy to win 5 in a row in the NFL. The fact is the vikings would be pretty good without no 4 in the lineup as journey man gus Ferrotte/T Jack last year proved because 10-6 gets you into the play-offs and sometimes the division so maybe the Vikings/Packers should be about that and not favre/Rodgers

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Well maybe if you freshen it up abit,the poor packers were robbed or injurys and what if's talk is getting old,stale & crusty. The Packers are in a good position to make a run so enjoy it. Those games that they lost have been forgotten by the players because it ain't so easy to win 5 in a row in the NFL. The fact is the vikings would be pretty good without no 4 in the lineup as journey man gus Ferrotte/T Jack last year proved because 10-6 gets you into the play-offs and sometimes the division so maybe the Vikings/Packers should be about that and not favre/Rodgers
WTF else are we supposed to discuss then??? This is a Packers forum. We're going to talk about the team and what's happening with the team. If we have injuries, we'll discuss them. If we get a lot of penalties, we'll discuss them. If we lose a game, we'll discuss why we lost the game.

Every time we start talking anything about doing well, being on a run, and having playoff hopes, you and JeffQueery feel completely change the subject.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF else are we supposed to discuss then??? This is a Packers forum. We're going to talk about the team and what's happening with the team. If we have injuries, we'll discuss them. If we get a lot of penalties, we'll discuss them. If we lose a game, we'll discuss why we lost the game.
sometimes you just get outplayed

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raptorman is one of the few Viking fans that really want to talk football without the childish smack we get from others here and on other forums.

Members online

Latest posts