1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Why Are You A Packer Fan?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Raider Pride, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1. I was born into it. My grandpa attended every home game (except one time when there was a blizzard) from around the mid-60s to the mid-80s. When the Packers were on TV, everyone gathered around and cheered them on, especially my grandma. Dick Butkus was her nemesis.

Well, I guess that's about it. There was nothing compelling about the team itself back in the 70s and 80s, and even the community ownership thing didn't seem like such a big deal back then. I took it for granted.
  2. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Must be 'bout time for a BUMP!

PackinSteel,

How do you decide who to Click for Cans - especially with the standings as at present?!? ;)

Chris
  3. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes you just have to be a homer Chris :lol:
  4. Heelntoe

Heelntoe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good thread...

1. Because listening to my Dad and Grandpa yelling "JeeeeSuss Crist!!!!" every Sunday all thru the '70s while never ever wavering in their devotion was inspiring.
  5. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    1. Family, my whole family were packer fans that started me when I was young

2. The History of great teams, coaches, and players

3. The fact that Vince Lombardi took a bunch of people on a football field and turned them into a Winning team (again)

4. Brett Favre (stepping in for Majik in 1993 and played great since)

5. Reggie White, He was a religious, caring, stood up for his what he believed in. Most of all he was a hell of a football player.