Who's nervous? Man I'm nervous. Anybody nervous?

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
OMG, he DID?

Vick caps unique comeback year with award

February, 5, 2011 Feb 5
9:29
PM ET

By David Bearman

In July of 2009, Michael Vick was in federal prison. 18-and-a-half months and 12 NFL starts later, he is picking up hardware as the AP's Comeback Player of the Year.

He won the award after a season in which he set career highs in completion percentage, passing yards, passer rating, pass TD and rush TD. Vick's comeback award doesn't fit the same description as previous winners as his much-chronicled career has gone from 3-time Pro Bowler with the Atlanta Falcons to jail for running and unlawful interstate dog fighting ring and then back to the NFL with the Philadelphia Eagles the last two seasons.

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a wreck during the Bears game. I don't know how I'll get through a Super Bowl! I plan on dying several times today before I finally feel that sweet wave of victory. Still over an hour to kick-off!!!! Dang. Time for a drink.

Bomber

Clueless but Luvin It
Reaction score
Remember when we kicked your *** in the 1781 Super Bowl in Yorktown? That was a good game... :happy0005:

Just kidding. Welcome!

Cheers SnowPlow. Have to say though if Yorktown was a football game you may well have found quite a few folk in kilts in amongst your fans than on the other side ;)

Anyway, good to be here.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'm a Colts fan but I had to join up here to wish you guys the best of luck. I started to get a feeling about your team when I saw them play toe to toe with the Pats without Rodgers. And around that time I had a friend who said he thought this year was shaping up to be like 2005 with a potential WC winning it all. He was leaning towards an AFC team but I said if the Packers get in the playoffs it just might be them.

Rodgers is a stud and I am a big fan of his. Your team is terrific. They will be a force for years.

I think the Packers win tonight. Have a blast!!!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Here are a few things that crossed my mind in the playoffs that made me go hmmmmm....

Like my Colts the Steelers got to avoid the one team who seems to own them. The Jets knocked off SD for us. The Jets knocked off the Pats for the Steelers.

Like my Colts last year the Steelers had the same road. The WC Ravens in the first round and the WC Jets in the title game.

And like my Colts the Steelers suffered a key injury. With us it was Freeney (even though he played a bit in the game) and with the Steelers it's Pouncey.

I hope it's destiny for you guys. I really think it could be. I don't think the Steelers deserve this. I really think you guys are the better team despite experience. Experience is overrated. I learned that last year. If you are good you are good, simple as that. I think your team is hungry and ready.

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know what's going on with me. I'm ordinarily climbing the walls. I probably will be by kickoff, but I hope I can just take it for what it is.

I was incredibly nervous before XXXI, but I had seen a kid on The Tonight Show who was asked to make a prediction or a comment related to the SB...and he said, "It's only a game."

It just took me aback. I never thought of it that way, and I still have to really ground myself to remember that, because it's so much more than that to me, as a Packer fan. As a kid, it was huge - it was directly tied to our self-esteem as a state. Lombardi made us the BEST at this, and I guess we all got addicted. So:

GO PACK GO!!!

Yeah, I seem to be a little more relaxed going into this game in comparison to the NFC championship game a couple of weeks ago, but as soon as the kick off nears here in about a 18 minutes, I will be a pacing nevous wreck. I hear that phrase, "it's only a game" a lot from people and I realize that win or lose, the sun {well....snow, snow, snow, more snow and ICE, if you live here} will come up tomorrow. But we all like to think that it is just a game and put in the proper perspective, it is, however, these people who quote the aforementioned phrase are NOT PACKER fans and they just don't understand the importance of winning the Super Bowl, so yes, I'll be nervous throughout because to me, as a PACKER fan, on this day, it is not just being satisfied being the other representative in the Super Bowl, it's WINNING IT!
And the kid is coming out in me.....as always!
GOOD LUCK PACKERS AND LET'S BRING IT HOME!!!!!!!

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Well, Miss Aquilara screwed up the lyrics just a tad. Bad luck for the Steelers ;)

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I think that evryone understands how impprtant the Super Bowl is, but for some people tbe perspective of "It's just a game" helps to make a loss bearable by putting it in perspective. Doesn't make them any less of a fan.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I just wanted to tell everyone something I read. I picked up my copy of "When Pride Still Mattered" (I read it when it came out but I'd forgotten this) - Vince Lombardi once pulled a guy from a game for tripping an opposing receiver in frustration, even though the ref hadn't seen it. Lombardi did, and he yanked the guy.

Lombardi had no tolerance at all for cheap shots of any kind. None. He didn't accept it from his players.

He wanted to win, but he wanted to do it with excellence. That is the Packer legacy.

GO PACK GO!!!! TWO MORE QUARTERS!!!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wanted to tell everyone something I read. I picked up my copy of "When Pride Still Mattered" (I read it when it came out but I'd forgotten this) - Vince Lombardi once pulled a guy from a game for tripping an opposing receiver in frustration, even though the ref hadn't seen it. Lombardi did, and he yanked the guy.

Lombardi had no tolerance at all for cheap shots of any kind. None. He didn't accept it from his players.

He wanted to win, but he wanted to do it with excellence. That is the Packer legacy.

GO PACK GO!!!! TWO MORE QUARTERS!!!!
2 bad it's not the Stealers legacy.

So far two blocks in the back.

Members online

Latest posts