Who's nervous? Man I'm nervous. Anybody nervous?

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been reading here for the last couple weeks, but have only posted a few times. Just wondering if other Packers fans are as nervous as I am? Everything about the game and the build up has me on edge.

I wish the freaking game would just get here already. All the arguments, the wild predictions, the uncertainty, it's almost too much.

Can we run it, can we stop them from running, can we stop Harrison, can they stop Rodgers, will they head hunt, can their secondary cover our wide outs, will Pouncey play, will Jenkins's dad go to the game, did Rothlisberger stay out too late, is Rodgers spending too much time in his room, why do they [Filth]ing swear so much on SteelersNation, which idiot invented Twitter, why am I smoking and eating so much, why do I have to watch the game with a couple people I don't like, what should I make for appetizers, which team has better hair,....?

I so want the Pack to get this done, but no matter how I look at it, I can't see it be anything but a really close game. I hope my heart can take it.

Bart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You wouldnt understand how nervous i am, i will be watching it with 2 arrogant steelers fans, that says they have been best since their team was made, so i would give anything for a victory, then i wouldnt hear from them till next season starts :)

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm extremely nervous, you may think living in the UK, it would be easier to deal with it. But, I've found it a pain as it's all I can think about, but there is nobody else around me who even has a clue about the sport never mind this game! Therefore there is nobody to share the nerves and anxiety!

I fly out to Dallas at 7am tomorrow (UK time) and I cannot wait for us to get it on. Go Pack Go!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm defiantly confident. Like I felt against the Eagles, Falcons and Bears.
(But also like I felt against the Falcons and Bears the first time, so...)

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not as nervous as I was for the championship game which is surprising. My stomach was in knots leading up to that game, but now I'm fine. I think there's something wrong lol :)

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grr .... Sunday is taking forever to get here. I seriously can't take Steelers winning , because you know that they will blow smoke up Ben's butt and call Steelers town " the real titletown". Packers need to win this weekend and prove that they are the best team in the NFL.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Grr .... Sunday is taking forever to get here. I seriously can't take Steelers winning , because you know that they will blow smoke up Ben's butt and call Steelers town " the real titletown". Packers need to win this weekend and prove that they are the best team in the NFL.
Let them call their city what they want. As long as it hosts the "LOMBARDI" trophy, how can it truly be called Titletown?

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am ready about all things Packers today and I am nervous as all get out. I don't think we will lose, but this is a win or go home empty handed and I want this team to win so bad for themselves. I want to see all of our players celebrating, not the Steelers. And I am selfish and believe it or not I am a Celtics and Texas Rangers fan and had to see the Lakers celebrating (most revolting thing possible) and the Giants celebrating, so I am 0-2 in championships, but i would trade the Celtics and Rangers winning for a Packer's SB. All sports allegiances go out the window for my Green Bay PAckers! Let's get Lombardi's Trophy back!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am very nervous, so happy they are where they are though. I am sure I will be pacing the floors all day like I did for the NFC championship game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah I dont know how much more predictions and all that crap. I just want the game to start. Nervous? slightly. More anxious if anything.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFC Championship was the "stomach-in-knots" game for me. I felt like I was on life support that depends on how the Packers played during that game. Compared to that game, the Super Bowl is like a preseason game to me.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let them call their city what they want. As long as it hosts the "LOMBARDI" trophy, how can it truly be called Titletown?
True , but i'm just so tired of 85 % Steelers coverage this week it seems and they rest is Packers news. Packers deserve this win.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might be because even if we..don't win..it will still be a very successful season. Losing to the Bears would have put a shadow over the season.

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True , but i'm just so tired of 85 % Steelers coverage this week it seems and they rest is Packers news. Packers deserve this win.

Searching Google news

Search: Packers

About 27,000 results

Search: Steelers

About 24,900 results

Quote of the week:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11035/1122809-66.stm

This is the part of Super Bowl week when the people who have done nothing but talk football for five consecutive days start to hallucinate, and a common mind-bending symptom is the suspicion that you know what's going to happen Sunday. You don't, but you think you do, and what I think is going to happen is that the team that gets 30 minutes of possession time will win.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I'm with the general population, was more nervous about the NFC game. Yesterday I was looking looking at different team's jersey designs, and the Bears ones no longer phased me. This game just feels more like another playoff game.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Agreed, the NFCCG seemed way more stressful. The SB feels fun and I'm gonna enjoy the he'll out of it. I want us to win, but I'm not a wreck like I was against the bears.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had about 10 small heart attacks during the Bears game so I can imagine what I'm going to be like Sunday. It's Friday and I'm in minor freak mode.:fie:

CaliPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been nervous for all the playoff games. Against the Eagles, the Falcons at first, NFC game against the Bears the second quarter. Gonna be tough but Packers will come up on top!

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for me this team has been a "heart attack" team all season. So many close games.... coulda won, shoulda won, barely won.... almost let teams come back.... ugh! The Falcons playoff game was the only one that wasn't close lol

OP
OP
GBMuskies

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My nervousness has fluctuated since the Giants game. I was pretty sure they'd win that one so I was a 10 footer to shoot 75 nervous. The final regular season game was worse because it was the Bears. I post a lot on a fishing forum and the flatlanders were spouting a lot of garbage about how the Bears would lay back a little. That made me OMG what if something weird happens and they lose nervous.

Then the Eagles game I was feeling pretty good. I just didn't think they could take the Pack after how both teams had been playing for the weeks leading in to it. And Vick just didn't deserve a playoff win. So I was maybe a little "Hey the boss wants to see you nervous" when you think you just did a good job.

The Falcons game I was confident. They didn't have a defense that worried me. I was kind of where's the next exit I need to take a Cutler pretty soon nervous.

The Bears game was I'm Roethlisbergering bricks nerve wracking from Thursday on. There was really no reason to think the Bears could win with their lousy offense and QB'ing, but hey it was the Bears in Chicago. That was a pretty edgy couple days.

This week has been terrible. The Steelers will be the best of the bunch the Pack has played. There's not going to be much room for error. They can't fumble after a nice completion, they can't drop that quick slant for a 1st down, they need to grab and hold on to the errant pass from Roethlisberger, they can't bungle the clock management, etc., etc., etc.

I'm getting obsessive.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I have a thick layer of confidence peppered with nervousness. Nervous confidence.

I'm the same way. While I calm myself down telling myself how good our team is and that it's their year, I then start to realize we're facing a tough *** steeler team and I get nervous again.

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Pittsburgh Steelers are a fine blend of ballet and brute force. There are31 teams in pro football and then there are the Pittsburgh Steelers" ~Steve Sabol-NFL Films

As always,the Steelers are another story. They are gritty, grimy, pick-axe tough and dangerous. Are they living under a bridge? Who really knows? Are those self-made prison tattoos? Who Really knows? Is the Steeler Defense joking about the mix of what looks like blood and dirt on that shovel in the back of the pickup? Again... Who knows? You don't mess with the Steelers because they are that crazy,knuckle dragging rough guy who chugs grain alcohol and looks like he could snap at any moment.You don't mess with "that" guy.You don't talk smack or **** him off.

Members online

Latest posts