Who would you rather?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I choose Michael Turner. I know he has a better team around him, however he seems like a better zone blocking RB than Larry Johnson. I'm not an expert and I haven't analyzed every play of each player, just my opinion.

edit, argh that's cool that some would rather what we have, great. However, this is asking the people to select one of the two. If you had to, HAD TO chose between Larry or Michael, who would it be?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
interesting!

I think Turner cuz he has been used lot less...And in theory he should be able to provide more years...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting call here.
Who was it here that made mention of the fact that Turner often got late duty which could have contributed to what amounts to unreal production? I think it was Pack.

LJ has run thru EVERYBODY.

BUT. How much more is in his tank and we know Turner still has a lot left.

HMMMM.

I'm all for eenie, meenie, minnie, Mo. But I would put Mo third on the list. Most definately. Not that Mo's bad but that's a strong list. In fact, if he get's that good I'll pay to send Trom up there and kiss him for us all.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Larry. I feel he is the Emmitt Smith type of guy this franchise needs for the next 7-8 years.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take the guy who has actually started for a full year: LJ.

I'll put my faith in the guy who is proven and is productive. Sorry, but Turner's only started one game.

Of course, if we're being real here and taking value into account Turner might be the better choice because we won't have to give up two first rounders for him... but as far as this poll goes? LJ, LJ, LJ.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turner's career rushing total doesn't even match a good season for LJ. I'll take LJ because he's a proven commodity but I do agree that Turner has the potential to be solid but LJ is already one of the elite backs and I wouldn't place Turner in that category.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know LJ has run hard and often, and that he hasn't suffered too many consequences, and he's only been in the league a short while. but i think it's just a matter of time before all those hits start piling up. maybe next year, or the year after. but if you pay what he wants to be paid, a few years down the road we will be wishing we hadn't rested the future of the Packer organization on his shoulders. I choose Turner.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turner is cheaper. That's why I'll take him.

You guys talk about how much Johnson will give up. But he had 400 carries last season. He'll have a lot less with Green Bay because he has an actual good QB at center.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know LJ has run hard and often, and that he hasn't suffered too many consequences, and he's only been in the league a short while. but i think it's just a matter of time before all those hits start piling up. maybe next year, or the year after. but if you pay what he wants to be paid, a few years down the road we will be wishing we hadn't rested the future of the Packer organization on his shoulders. I choose Turner.

BigPlay31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to say to yourself: whose a better football player?

Then, its not much of a contest isn't it?

Fitting in to a certain system is as important as anything but Turner has been

as over hyped as humanly possible. Take the proven guy.

But this doesn't matter, Thompson will probably trade for a no game guy if we

acquire any new running backs anyway.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the running backs we have.

Bill, go to Peter Paddlefish days then take a drive to Crane and say hello to some friends of mine. Come back and then say Larry Johnson.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
billv said:
I like the running backs we have.

Bill, go to Peter Paddlefish days then take a drive to Crane and say hello to some friends of mine. Come back and then say Larry Johnson.

Ok, go to... wait....then take a crane...no that's ????? then say....huh?

Yeah, that statement from Vikes just explodered my head.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Larry Johnson, only because he has the skills over Turner...if he continues this Holdout for more money then I say forget about him (Like Priest Holmes Said, if he doesn't want the job I'l take it). Larry Johnson is a better runningback, however Turner on the Packers would be nice.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Turner is not as proven as Johnson, but I'd still rather Turner. He's not a bruiser like Johnson and I think that will make him last longer.

Members online

Latest posts