Who wins the starting job: #2 safety

Who wins the job and starts the game against Drew Brees and the high-flying New Orlea

• Morgan Burnett, the 2010 high draft pick

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Charlie Peprah, Super Bowl starter

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Atari Bigby, finally healthy, shows his form from 2007-2008

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if we see some collins/burnett/peprah all on the field at the same time next year, capers is crazy man.
Capers is a crazy/creative man but the only way I see that happening is injuries to DBs ahead of him. If everyone is healthy, I don't see Peprah on the field even with a 6 DB look. Three safeties: Collins, Burnett, and Woodson 3 CBs: Williams, Shields, and Lee/House. No disrespect to Peprah intended but the Packers are deep in the secondary.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Capers is a crazy/creative man but the only way I see that happening is injuries to DBs ahead of him. If everyone is healthy, I don't see Peprah on the field even with a 6 DB look. Three safeties: Collins, Burnett, and Woodson 3 CBs: Williams, Shields, and Lee/House. No disrespect to Peprah intended but the Packers are deep in the secondary.

This makes sense. Bigby will probably be relegated to a role player. Peprah contributed ok this past season, but I think Burnett is going to beat him out in training camp. (If there is one.)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm thinking Atari is long gone by the opener.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I can't see Burnett overtaking Charlie by the season's start, whenever that is. Just by the nature of the game, Charlie's been playing lights out, it would take an amazing comeback by Burnett. Which personally I think is good, it's exciting to think he can have another year or even a half to develop. I guess it will depend on the opposition of course and the down and distance, I like Charlie in run support and Morgan in coverage. I think we'll see both, but I can't see how Burnett starts on opening day.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts