Who will win the starting job?

Who will win the starting job at running back in 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Harris, not only has more experience in the league, but is much quicker than lacy and frankling. He showed his abilities last season. But Lacy had a great night at Family Night.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know who will start, but I'm going to make a wild prediction that our HBs will be Lacy, Harris, Franklin and Pease. Green and Starks are both let go due to injury history. Pease has looked good enough to make them expendable IMO.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I personally think Dujuan Harris might get starting position for early in the season. While working in Lacy and Franklin from time to time to gain them reps.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Harris should be the #1 RB. I can see Lacy as #2 or maybe just used as the rock pounder in short yardage or goal line situations. I honestly think that Franklin has more to offer as far as skills goes than Lacy does.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris looked really good last year, but lets not forget that a number of teams cut him and he was selling cars when we picked him up. There are probably some good reasons for that, and regression to the mean is a distinct possibility. He should get as fair of a shot as the rest, but him being the starter last year doesn't mean much to me. They need to put the best guy out there for whatever play they're running.

As for Pease, he got one carry the other night, so I'm pretty sure he's headed to the practice squad. It'd be nice to get something for Green and/or Starks if they're not going to make it, but the reasons we want to get rid of them are the reasons we probably wouldn't be able to get anyone for them. Oft injured running backs that have a good chance of being cut soon don't usually fetch much for trades.

H

HardRightEdge

MM says Harris is at the top of the depth chart right now. This is likely because Harris did a fine job last year, Lacy has not been available of late coupled with being a rookie, and MM wants to throw down a challenge to Lacy.

Regardless of who starts, I would expect Harris and Lacy to split time before long, assuming good health from both parties.

A lot depends on who can get on the field in preseason, show something, and stay healthy.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a bold prediction...if you do get that one right, go play the local lotto.
I know, I've got lots of grief for this but here is my rationale (to be skewered):

Starks: Running the ball strong in practice; had a decent first PS game; not injured. Showing some of his 2010 burst
Green: Has also run well during camp; had a mediocre PS game; not injured. Not using his speed and shiftyness to his advantage or breaking tackles.
Lacy: Showed very good potential early on, then hurt his hamstring. MM won't rush him back and this will affect his ability to be the starter in Week 1. I have all the confidence that he will get Wk1 carries and eventually become the starter, but he won't win it coming out of camp because of that hamstring
Franklin: Similar to Green he has displayed his speed and shiftyness but couldn't make much out of it in his first preseason game. Words out of camp is that he's hard to bring down, but his reps don't indicate that he's a front-runner for winning the job.
Harris: He came out of nowhere to start in the playoffs, and even scored a nice TD when we blocked for once. However, he's been dealing with two injuries, hasn't practiced, and therefore I find it hard to believe that he'll get the nod coming out of camp. If he comes on strong in the 3rd and 4th games then he's got a shot. The coaches said that he's still the starting RB but that's for show. Every day he's been out of camp is another day he's been losing his spot. That will be revealed once he's side-by-side with the RBs who have been in camp. This isn't Adrian Peterson missing camp, this is a little-known free agent.

I don't think that Starks is a bold prediction. Yes he has an injury history but I'm not banking on that the way it seems that many on here are doing. To me, he's having the most solid camp behind Lacy who they aren't going to push back too soon. Why hurry the golden goose. Send out the stark goose.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Well, it is bold IMO. Starks did poorly in the preseason opener. His best run was an 8 yard run, followed by a bunch of 3 yard runs, several 2 yard runs etc.... hardly a solid performance imo. His injury history alone makes him the front runner for the axe, I hope any ways. He was a fluke in 2010 and really only had one decent game then, nothing that ESPN would have even bragged about. Alex green is another one ready to hit the dirt road imo. I really hope both of the two I mentioned are not even on our roster taking up a spot that could be used for someone with more talent/value/durability.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gonna have to say Harris will be the starter; the guy ran VERY well at the end of last year. Lacy will be more of a short yardage, goal line guy to start the year. I just don't think the coaches can trust the guy to stay healthy under a #1 RB load, until he can prove that he can stay healthy I don't see him as the feature back.

Darshen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. Packers are a passing team. Without Rogers they're at the bottom of the pack. They can run block, they can barely pass block. Lacy and Franklin are overweight and bust. Sorry, looks like another disappointing year for the Cheddarheads

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. Packers are a passing team. Without Rogers they're at the bottom of the pack. They can run block, they can barely pass block. Lacy and Franklin are overweight and bust. Sorry, looks like another disappointing year for the Cheddarheads

??? wtf ??? Franklin overweight? You must be drinking the hateorade buddy. At 5'10" and 205 Lbs and running a 4.4 40yd dash, that is HARDLY overweight. Look up the facts before posting that BS. As far as Lacy goes, he is not "overweight" either, that is speculation. He is built like a brick **** house.

Darshen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
??? wtf ??? Franklin overweight? You must be drinking the hateorade buddy. At 5'10" and 205 Lbs and running a 4.4 40yd dash, that is HARDLY overweight. Look up the facts before posting that BS. As far as Lacy goes, he is not "overweight" either, that is speculation. He is built like a brick **** house.
You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Franlklin is all fat and no muscle. He had no acceleration, cannot see the field, and cannot pass block like the rest of the Packers line. Lacy is built like a brick **** house because he is a brick **** house. That's another term for fat and lazy dip ****. Packers start their journey to irrelevancy this year.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Franlklin is all fat and no muscle. He had no acceleration, cannot see the field, and cannot pass block like the rest of the Packers line. Lacy is built like a brick **** house because he is a brick **** house. That's another term for fat and lazy dip ****. Packers start their journey to irrelevancy this year.

Good bye TROLL, you wont be here long with your crap. BYE BYE

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks, this is a Packer Forum, hence the site name. This is not the place for smack talk. We do recognize civil discussion, but coming in and talk smack right off the bat is not going to get you to far on this site.

If you have any issues with this, please send me a personal conversation.

Thanks.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Banish Darshen the Troll !! And Fix what he did to us ! Please !

Lacy #1 RB

Darshen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see that facing the truth and being delusional is inevitable in here. Have fun with irrelevancy this year.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts