Who will win the RT position?

Who's going to be our starting RT in week one?

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who wins the opening day starting spot at RT?

• Marshall Newhouse
  • Donny Barclay
  • Derek Sherrod

I really, really, really would like to see it be Sherrod. I just don't have high expectations he'll ever recover fully enough to become a quality OT.... sure hope I am wrong.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I'd be happiest if it was someone besides Newhouse, if only b/c then he would be available as a backup in case Bulaga gets hurt again w/o having to disrupt the line by moving him from RT to LT.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyler Dunne thinks its Newhouse and I'm afraid I have to agree with him.

Barclay has not shown that he's an effective pass blocker, Sherrod has not fully recovered from the injury, and Bakhtiari is a rookie who will need a season to develop at least.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyler Dunne thinks its Newhouse and I'm afraid I have to agree with him.

Barclay has not shown that he's an effective pass blocker, Sherrod has not fully recovered from the injury, and Bakhtiari is a rookie who will need a season to develop at least.
They drafted Lacy & Franklin in an attempt to boost the running game.
I think Newhouse is a terrible run blocker, plus we all know how many sacks & pressures he allowed.
I can't believe Dunne thinks it's Newhouse.
I have to bet him that Barclay beats him out.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Datko is 6.6" and 320lbs. and was taught the zone blocking scheme at FSU. If Sherrod is not ready, I'd like to see him at tackle. But he's had trouble with his L shoulder since high school, and has had several operations on it, so unless that is solved, it's going to be Barclay--who looks to be the 3rd choice. Looks like we're going to be running to the left anyway....

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Derrick Sherrod comes out of nowhere, stays healthy and wins the starting job (thus making the offensive line a strength).

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherrod was a finesse guy in the first place, seemingly a future left tackle who's #1 job was to protect Rodgers back there.

Members online

Latest posts