Who will win the NFC Championship Game

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think if it turns into a shoot-out, the Vikes lose. If the Vikes actually establish a running game for once, they'll win...the old 'keep the Saints offense off of the field' schtick. It is really going to depend on how the vaunted Viking defensive line handles the Saints' offensive line...and I think whomever wins the NFC Championship is going to win the Super Bowl.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm leaning pretty heavily on the Vikings winning this game, but this is predicated on my belief that the Vikings front four will be able to put just enough pressure on Brees to make him uncomfortable, which will lead to more possessions for Minnesota. Keep in mind that this game's surface lends itself nicely to the Vikings defensive style.

It is also my hope that the Vikings will not try to establish a running game just for the sake of trying to get Part Time going. They need to do what they do best which is move the football according to whatever the defense allows. Also, Favre has the luxury of the jump balls to Sydney Rice which will lead to TD's or pass interference calls. And, if the Saints double Rice, that leaves Shank/Berrian/Harvin/Taylor/Petersen as the beneficiaries.

I'm really beginning to believe the Saints' backers have no idea what their team will be in for come Sunday evening. Eyes will be opened.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Really, I have to be the smart *** and point out there is no "NFC North Championship Game"? :lol:

I'll take Minnesota. I think they end up getting just enough pressure on Brees so that their offense doesn't have to score 50 to win.

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be rooting for the Who Dats. This better be the last game I see Brett in purple (Well technically it'd white with purple stuff and a purple helmet)!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm leaning pretty heavily on the Vikings winning this game, but this is predicated on my belief that the Vikings front four will be able to put just enough pressure on Brees to make him uncomfortable, which will lead to more possessions for Minnesota. Keep in mind that this game's surface lends itself nicely to the Vikings defensive style.

It is also my hope that the Vikings will not try to establish a running game just for the sake of trying to get Part Time going. They need to do what they do best which is move the football according to whatever the defense allows. Also, Favre has the luxury of the jump balls to Sydney Rice which will lead to TD's or pass interference calls. And, if the Saints double Rice, that leaves Shank/Berrian/Harvin/Taylor/Petersen as the beneficiaries.

I'm really beginning to believe the Saints' backers have no idea what their team will be in for come Sunday evening. Eyes will be opened.

that is you being DEAD BALLS ACCURATE?

Members online

Latest posts