Who will get their job back next season?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As everyone knows a handful of starters lost their jobs this year due to injury. I was wondering, which of those players will have their starting spot back next year and which ones do you think will be 2nd string?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am of the school of thought for the defense that if your not there now, oyur going to be 2nd string..

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I love Starks, I think Grant will have his job back as 1st string RB with Starks 2nd in command. I'd like to see them use both these guys interchangeably. That with Kuhn and BJax for short runs will make our running game nearly unstoppable. But I digress.

I think Finley will get his spot back.

I concur with Longtime's thoughts on the D. The D has already melded and formed itself. I wouldn't monkey with that near perfect chemistry. Sorry for those guys that will be coming off the IR, but 2nd string is better than nothing.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am of the school of thought for the defense that if your not there now, oyur going to be 2nd string..

including Neal and Burnett? I guess you could throw Jolly in there as well even though he wasnt injured.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Burnett will be back starting on the D and possibly Chillar whose coverage skills I would not mind this week. AJ covering G.Reg Olsen and Forte scares me probably more than anything.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Burnett will be back starting on the D and possibly Chillar whose coverage skills I would not mind this week. AJ covering G.Reg Olsen and Forte scares me probably more than anything.

So the 3 points they scored on AJ on last game , Cutler 42.5 rating was worse for you

But Chillar, and Barnett in the 1st game where they scored 20 Cutler 82.5 rating was better for you?

Help me out!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot about poor Burnett!!!

Ivo, are you going to open this discussion up to what free agents we think are going to be resigned?

I think you just did :) otherwise you should start a thread.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett will start at outside LB along with Matthews. Hawk and Bishop in the middle. As good a linebacking corps in the NFL.

If Starks plays well the next 2 games, he'll start next year.

Bigby is gone

Colledge is gone

Spitz is gone

Popps is gone

B. Jackson is gone

K. Hall is gone

D. Driver is gone (sad to say)

If Jolly gets a brain, he'll be back.

If Hawk reworks his contract, he'll be back.

So Jenkins, Jones, Jolly and Crosby are the free agents they re-sign

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I am saying that its something that scares me for this game and I would like to have his services available once again. AJ had a fine game last time, but from watching the bears it seems when they get in 2nd or 3rd and long situations those 2 players throw a quick block and head right for the middle of the field for a soft spot...and I would like the option to have someone with better cover skills in that situation. I thought there was more of a situational rotation anyways when all the bodies are healthy.

L

Lunchboxer

We would get Grant back and Having Starks as 2nd RB that would be a powerful combo and Kuhn would be your short yardage power back.

I would not mind having Walden back he played realy good.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts