Who Will Deliver First Loss To 2012 Packers?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd do a poll, but then I'd have to list all 16 games for the folks that believe we will go undefeated in 2012. So have at it, who do you think will deliver the Packer's first loss of the season?

I'll be honest...I'm going to say San Francisco in Week 1. I hope that it's an inspiring loss for the rest of the season

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niner's, Seachickens, or Texans.

other than that, I can only see beating them is the Lion's or Bears. Can't see anyone else on their schedule beating them

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the Niners will as well. But hopefully the Packers get their revenge in the playoffs.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Won't be the Whiners. Probably some team like the Rams. We're going to lose a few more than last year. I don't expect a 15-1 season. Probably 12-4.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope it's not the 9ers. A loss to start the season could set us back on our heels where it will be difficult to turn the tide. I know for certain that it will not be the KC Chiefs this time.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On this date of Monday, August 27th at 6:27 on a beautiful summer evening Shawn D. Hoeft predicted the Packers lose their opening game against the San Francisco 49'ers. Let it be known in the records and books and record books.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
If anyone call tell us for sure with 100% proof.....lets all bet the house on it?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope it's not the 9ers. A loss to start the season could set us back on our heels where it will be difficult to turn the tide.
it's not hard to turn the tide though.
we were in trouble in 2010, but turned the tide in late december, won the super bowl.
last year, the giants did the same thing in a season in which we were never on our heels.

our only true test should come in december & january.

i would bet october 14th is our first loss, at the texans. they have a great pass rush with JJ watt, brooks reed, and now whitney mercilus.

and their offense features a lethal running game, a nightmare matchup WR, and a competent QB if healthy.

we could go 19-0 though and beat the patriots who could be 18-0 heading in.

Reaction score
Are we really having this discussion again?? haha :)

It's not going to be someone we expect. If I told you the Packers would have ONE loss last season, and I had to choose what team gave it to us, I would honestly choose the Chiefs either last or 2nd to last.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
49er's. They have added WAY to many weapons, their D is great, and they are hungry to kick our butts. The way we have looked in pre-season, I doubt we can pull off even a hair line victory. Sorry, but that is the way I see it.

Seachickens might do it, Flynn knows our offense and could be a secret weapon for giving away info about our formations and schemes.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm thinking 9ers or Bears in the first two weeks. I just think it's too tall of an order to win 'em both so close together but I'd sure be happy if they did.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd do a poll, but then I'd have to list all 16 games for the folks that believe we will go undefeated in 2012. So have at it, who do you think will deliver the Packer's first loss of the season?

I'll be honest...I'm going to say San Francisco in Week 1. I hope that it's an inspiring loss for the rest of the season

I don't see San Francisco winning at our place in Week 1. I'm picking the Packers 31-20 for that one. I actually think we're better than last year. I don't see us losing more than 2 games and the first will probably come against someone like the Rams.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
49er's. They have added WAY to many weapons, their D is great, and they are hungry to kick our butts. The way we have looked in pre-season, I doubt we can pull off even a hair line victory. Sorry, but that is the way I see it.

Preseason is meaningless. It's practice and nothing more.

Seachickens might do it, Flynn knows our offense and could be a secret weapon for giving away info about our formations and schemes.

Just because you know it's coming doesn't mean you can stop it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Weapons but no delivery. You can give a soldier all the 7mm jacketed hollow points you want but if he only has a slingshot and no rifle, he is getting his butt kicked.

Sometimes you can add a player to the mix and it will be an improvement, but throwing a whole new mix into the blend is probably not going to work. If it was Peyton Manning, it may, but Alex Smith? Probably not.

49ers aren't sneaking up on anyone this season. I think they will end up with 10 wins and squeek into the playoffs.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not hard to turn the tide though.
we were in trouble in 2010, but turned the tide in late december, won the super bowl.
last year, the giants did the same thing in a season in which we were never on our heels.

our only true test should come in december & january.

i would bet october 14th is our first loss, at the texans. they have a great pass rush with JJ watt, brooks reed, and now whitney mercilus.

and their offense features a lethal running game, a nightmare matchup WR, and a competent QB if healthy.

we could go 19-0 though and beat the patriots who could be 18-0 heading in.

As much as we hate to lose any game I would rather it be Houston in their place. They are in the AFC and a month into the season. They are a contender and there is no turning your head down unless we give it away. Losing to the 9ers gives most any time the feeling that they can come into our place and win.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You all mostly focusing on good teams from last year that nobody will over look.

How about this. Trap game alert. Not saying the Pack will lose but trap game in Indy. Colts will be coming off a bye and Andrew Luck is pretty freaking good for a rookie if his o line holds up.

W

wxman2003

49ers have no chance of winning. Will be most over rated team this season. 9-7 at best. Once they fall behind, and they will against the Packers, they have no chance because they have no offense. Randy Moss? Get real. Packers will lose games on the road this year, not at home. Perhaps the Bears, but not in Green Bay. If they can stay healthy by the time the Packers meet them in Chicago. First loss will either be against Seattle or Houston.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Here's more reasoning for it being the Niners. The first game of the year is the Niners. Then 4 days later the Packers play the Bears. If I were the coaches I would game plan heavy for the Bears and do only the minimum for the Niners. Division games take priority.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's more reasoning for it being the Niners. The first game of the year is the Niners. Then 4 days later the Packers play the Bears. If I were the coaches I would game plan heavy for the Bears and do only the minimum for the Niners. Division games take priority.

Really? You would ignore opening night on National TV in your own backyard against a team that may challenge you for the NFC Championship? That makes absolutely no sense to me. You want to do everything you can to get off to a good start. The game you play today is the most important, and I would be disappointed if the Packers looked beyond it.

W

wxman2003

I'm sure the bears will do the same against the colts their opening day. No sense having a game plan against the colts, but instead game plan for the packers after losing to the colts. Starting out 1-0 at home is just soooo over rated. Also no sense game planning for your first playoff opponent either. only game plan for your super bowl opponent.

W

wxman2003

Really? You would ignore opening night on National TV in your own backyard against a team that may challenge you for the NFC Championship? That makes absolutely no sense to me. You want to do everything you can to get off to a good start. The game you play today is the most important, and I would be disappointed if the Packers looked beyond it.
Technically it's not opening night. It's a 3:15 pm game on fox. You will likely have to sit through the painful Lions/Rams game at noon first. lol

Members online

Latest posts