Who will be the Packers best Wr in 2013??

Reaction score
what game was that?
Against the Vikings... 4th down we went for it up only by 3 and he caught it behind his shoulder while being tackled.

-- That was with 4 minutes left in the game and it extended the drive to get us a touchdown to tie the game...

We actually ended up losing that game on a game ending field goal so my bad on that one. -- That drive was the LAST time we were on the field offensively though

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=321230016&period=4

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like what they all bring. Cobb a speed guy, Jones a possession guy and Nelson a deep threat. I think they all put together very impressive numbers.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Against the Vikings... 4th down we went for it up only by 3 and he caught it behind his shoulder while being tackled.

-- That was with 4 minutes left in the game and it extended the drive to get us a touchdown to tie the game...

We actually ended up losing that game on a game ending field goal so my bad on that one. -- That drive was the LAST time we were on the field offensively though

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=321230016&period=4

ok, thought I was losing my mind either that or you had him confused for Cobb....lol

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jordy Nelson makes a comeback from a gimpy year and reminds us what he can do. Him stretching teams deep for the big yd totals and TD give Cobb all the room he needs to eat up the zones underneath for a load of catches and first downs. Equally important roles fulfilled by two very talent guys. I'd have to call it a wash.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I like what they all bring. Cobb a speed guy, Nelson a possession guy and James a deep threat. I think they all put together very impressive numbers.
I like what they all bring too, but I think you are mischaracterizing all three. Cobb's 40-time coming out of college was faster than the other two but he's not a "speed guy" by NFL standards and he's not used that way by the Packers. He excels lining up in the slot, he's the one of the three that occasionally lines up in the backfield and very occasionally takes a handoff. Think Donald Driver only (IMO) more dynamic (I know that's saying a lot but if he stays healthy I think Cobb lives up to that.) Not a speed guy, a nifty guy who can grab a pass over the middle and make the first defender miss.

Nelson's 40-time was faster than Jones' and Nelson's career average per catch (in the regular season) is 15.1 yards compared to Jones' 13.9. Obviously that doesn't distinguish yards after catch from yards before, but still. Who appears to be the deep threat often is a function or who is getting the most or least attention from the D.

H

HardRightEdge

I think Jordy Nelson makes a comeback from a gimpy year and reminds us what he can do. Him stretching teams deep for the big yd totals and TD give Cobb all the room he needs to eat up the zones underneath for a load of catches and first downs. Equally important roles fulfilled by two very talent guys. I'd have to call it a wash.

Sometimes life can be good behind the #1 WR, drawing the opponent's #2 cover corner, nickel corner or a safety. Getting promoted to #1 can make life more difficult. I would not expect a repeat of 2011 from Nelson.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes life can be good behind the #1 WR, drawing the opponent's #2 cover corner, nickel corner or a safety. Getting promoted to #1 can make life more difficult. I would not expect a repeat of 2011 from Nelson.

Any time you have speed, the ability to make a tough catch, and Aaron Rodgers on your team you are capable of a lot of things.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodell and HG, what makes you say that?
Did you watch some of his games in college, or highlight videos?

Of course i did. Johnson is basically Cordarelle Patterson with better route running ability. I would be shocked if he doesn't make the active roster.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course i did. Johnson is basically Cordarelle Patterson with better route running ability. I would be shocked if he doesn't make the active roster.
Cordarelle has better hair.
And a better name though, you have to admit that.

Members online

Latest posts