Who will be the Next Packer Star???

Who is the next Pro Bowl Caliber packer?

• Sam Shields

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • James Starks

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Erik Walden

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Frank Zombo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Green

• Randall Cobb

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Andrew Quarless

• DJ Williams

• Mike Neal

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Morgan Burnett

• Total voters

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
As always, the Packers have kept a lot of young talent on the roster, and there is a couple positions that need to be filled. Who do you think will separate from the crop and become the cream and rise to the top.

Sam Shields
James Starks
Erik Walden
Frank Zombo
Alex Green
Randall Cobb
Andrew Quarless
DJ Williams
Mike Neal
Morgan Burnett
(poll only lets me choose 10 so here they are)

Obviously all of these guys have potential and will probably all be packers for the foreseeable future, but who is mroe likely to make a pro bowl in the next 3-4 years?

I'm going with Mike Neal, He has the biggest shoes to fill, and well he wears the biggest shoes.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I voted for Randall"will-handle-it"Cobb

especially after this impressive first half!!! :happy0005:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Cobb is an obvious fan favorite and I think Sam Shields will improve immeasurably. My pick is Mike Neal though, the guy is going to be a beast if he can stay healthy.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My choice is looking even better after last night. Cobb is going to be a beast next season, maybe even this season.

1. Jennings
2. JJ
3. Cobb

Might let Nelson go now if he has a break out year and wants a fat cheque at the end of the season.

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are many players off that list that I can see as playmakers in 2 years: Shields, Starks, Cobb, Neal and Burnett.

Shields has only played one season and has already shown us that he is for real. Him and Tramon will be one of the best cover corner tandems in the league. Neal impresses me all the time. The guy is huge and if he can learn how to play a 3-4 end and get comfortable he will be tough to stop. Now I see why the packers coaches are so high on Burnett. He loves to play physical and he is a ballhawk in the secondary. This season we will show everyone that we got the best secondary in the league (Shields, Williams, Woodson, Collins, Burnett/Peprah).

Imo Neal has the best shot.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of our promising CB's need to get padawan'd by Yoda Woodson. I fully believe there is no one else in the ENTIRE LEAGUE better to learn from than him at the CB position.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
BOOOOOOOOOOOO no option for Masthay!!!!!!

And also Sitton! Sitton hasn't made the pro bowl yet, so...
Josh Sitton is a pro bowl guard. Whether the fans or writers recognize it or not doesn't matter. He's a bona fide star already, but yea, he'll be there, but I don't consider him a "rising star" kinda guy, he's already there.

OP
OP
TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
BOOOOOOOOOOOO no option for Masthay!!!!!!

And also Sitton! Sitton hasn't made the pro bowl yet, so...

I wanted to choose more players, the limit is 10 on a poll. I figured players like jones/nelson/sitton were kind of already proven good players.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted to choose more players, the limit is 10 on a poll. I figured players like jones/nelson/sitton were kind of already proven good players.

Yeah, I figured it was that, but the pro bowl caliber definition is a bit confusing, so wanted to clear out if it was really that or if he was flat out forgotten.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Voted for Cobb because he will make more ESPN highlights and thus get more probowl recognition. Shields is the better player, but won't get the votes because there are two great players ahead of him. He won't make the probowl till Woodson retires.

What a team we have where we get to argue about who is going to be the next great player and we have a dozen or so players to argue about. Thanks TT!

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay I guess I'm the only Erik Walden fan here. :)

He really came on the end of last year and should have his opportunities to rack up double digit sacks. It sounds like he bulked up in the off season and so far is the favorite to land the open OLB position.