Who will be the most improved player next season?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Great point Spardo.

Here's one more name that hasn't been mentioned yet: Cullen Jenkins.

He had a great pre-season last year, but didn't produce nearly as much as you'd have thought.

Coaches said he was battling injury, and needed time to adjust to his role of playing DE and DT, so hopefully being more healthy and having had a year to adjust will lead Jenkins to pick up the production we lost as a result of trading Corey Williams.

If Cullen Jenkins can be as effective as Cory Williams rushing from the inside, we're going to win a lot of games in '08. Our D was #6 last year and it was a very young D. I think most positions will naturally improve, and this one is an important one.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If Cullen Jenkins can be as effective as Cory Williams rushing from the inside, we're going to win a lot of games in '08. Our D was #6 last year and it was a very young D. I think most positions will naturally improve, and this one is an important one.

Here is why I don't think Jenkins will be as effective inside as Williams, Cory learned how to use his leverage and length inside in pass rushing situations, Jenkins is more compact. Williams struggled when olineman got inside and got their hands on his body.. turning that leverage against him at times. My opinion is that Jenkins is a good run stuffing dlineman whom will only be average to above average in the pass rush.

My personal opinion is Williams is going to explode in the 3-4 scheme because he will be able to play a little more outside and utilize that length and slashing ability. I truly think he his better suited for the 3-4 vs the 4-3.

Now back to point on Jenkins, wether he was effected by the nagging injuries or not, he needs to play with the sudden burst off the snap that he had last preseason. But tackles are going to catch up with the burst, he needs to work on a couple of pass rushing techniques to throw into the mix. IMO.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Who is your pick to be the most improved player next year?

McCarthy has stressed again that the Packers have to improve from within, so I think it'll be interesting to see who everyone picks.

I'm tempted to say B-Jack or Harrell, but I'm going to go with Junius Coston.

I say he'll eventually lock-down one of the starting Guard spots. He is athletic, and like McCarthy said, all he needed to improve was PT.

I think we'll finally see him emerge and put his athleticism to good use.

Aaron Rodgers.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a fun thread. There are so many possible answers. Here's a different one: Korey Hall, the fullback. He spent his rookie year learning the position, and got better toward the end of the season. I look for him to continue to improve his blocking and also to become more involved in the passing game. He could be a good weapon for Aaron Rodgers a few times per game, like William Henderson used to do.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
This is a fun thread. There are so many possible answers. Here's a different one: Korey Hall, the fullback. He spent his rookie year learning the position, and got better toward the end of the season. I look for him to continue to improve his blocking and also to become more involved in the passing game. He could be a good weapon for Aaron Rodgers a few times per game, like William Henderson used to do.

I also think Korey Hall with a good rookie year under his belt will pick it up a notch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts