Who will be the most improved player next season?

Reaction score
Who is your pick to be the most improved player next year?

McCarthy has stressed again that the Packers have to improve from within, so I think it'll be interesting to see who everyone picks.

I'm tempted to say B-Jack or Harrell, but I'm going to go with Junius Coston.

I say he'll eventually lock-down one of the starting Guard spots. He is athletic, and like McCarthy said, all he needed to improve was PT.

I think we'll finally see him emerge and put his athleticism to good use.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Justin Harrell has got to improve huh?

He's got shoes to fill and I think the Packers would love to go with a 3 man rotation at DT for most of the game. You also have Cole or Daniel Muir to fill in once in a while too as a potential 4th. To me though it's Harrell.

I also like Aaron Rouse a lot. I think he'll beat out Nick Collins for the starting FS. I have high expectations for him.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will take the easy answer - A-rod. Just the fact that he will finally start a regular season game is a victory for him.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I forgot to mention another, Allen Barbre, I think they will have a hard time keeping that kid off the field, just a hunch.

Another possibility, thinking outside of the box, Charles Woodson. From the sounds of it he is hitting the offseason workouts with a fury in Green Bay this offseason.. how big of an impact is that going to have in his game. Hedge to think it will pay off large.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll just be different and say Aaron Rouse. Although, I do think he does have a good chance of getting that starting job eventually this next year, it won't be till midseason.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I think James Jones will step it up a notch. He almost perfectly mimicked Greg's rookie year, starting out strong and kind of fading towards the end, now I'm only hoping he can replicate Greg's sophomore year, it wasn't half bad after all :p

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think its gonna be harder for james jones to improve than for justin harrell to improve.

James Jones did pretty good for a rookie, while Harrell showed promise he had a less than outstanding rookie year.

he was going through injury concerns at the time that he probably needed to be there most... the beginning of the season. But he showed some skill throughout the season.

he will now have a healthy offseason, a healthy TC and hopefully show great signs of why he was drafted high.

so i think ol justin will be the most improved next year.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think Wynn is gonna do some nice things this season.

I also hope Harrell pulls his weight. i don't have any reason to think that he will really, but naturally i'd like to see our 1st rounders pan out into something special.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is great that we can come up with so many names of people on this roster that still have a significant upside, that speaks well for our chances not only this upcoming year but for the future as well.

I will go with Harrell, but fully expect a handful of others to show significant growth as well(Rouse, Jackson, Barbre to name a few).

If Wynn and Blackman can avoid the injury bugaboo, they too should make a major move forward.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Darren Colledge. He struggled a lot last year but did show flashes of good play. O lines usually need a few years to "gel" so I hope Darren will improve, so that we don't have to start over with someone new. 8)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is great that we can come up with so many names of people on this roster that still have a significant upside, that speaks well for our chances not only this upcoming year but for the future as well.

I will go with Harrell, but fully expect a handful of others to show significant growth as well(Rouse, Jackson, Barbre to name a few).

If Wynn and Blackman can avoid the injury bugaboo, they too should make a major move forward.
Spardo.....this is EXACTLY what i was thinking!
Most teams are lucky to have ONE player that they expect bigger things of, yet here we have quite a list of guys that COULD make huge leaps this coming season.
Jones and Jackson showed flashes, and i think Wynn did too.
Rouse, Williams and Blackmon could be huge!
I think Atari Bigby will be huge for us this year too!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping it's our OGs (both starters).

It will probably be someone on D though, Rouse, Bigby, Hawk, Harrell, or one of our Nickelbacks.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Great point Spardo.

Here's one more name that hasn't been mentioned yet: Cullen Jenkins.

He had a great pre-season last year, but didn't produce nearly as much as you'd have thought.

Coaches said he was battling injury, and needed time to adjust to his role of playing DE and DT, so hopefully being more healthy and having had a year to adjust will lead Jenkins to pick up the production we lost as a result of trading Corey Williams.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts