Who will be the #1 team in the Big Ten next year?

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love reading the criticism of the Iowa Hawkeyes. They started out 9-0, and if not for injuries I would throw all my money down that they would be 12-0. Ok, they had to block back-to-back field goals to beat UNI, and had to have a last second pass to beat Michigan State. They went into Happy Valley and handled a top tier team, they walked into Wisconsin and eventually played tough to win. They beat a good Arizona team without a struggle, they beat a 6-6 Iowa State team 35-3. They had to play a Quarterback who had thrown 3 total passes in his career against Northwestern and he went 9-27, thats why they lost, that, and the fact he wasn't a game manager. Which was also the reason why he couldn't engineer a win @ Ohio State, he played an exceptional game (and dealt with several dropped passes, including one in the endzone from Trey Stross) but when push came to shove his lack of expierence showed and Iowa lost by a FIELD GOAL IN OVERTIME (which is better than the 24-7 shellacking Penn St. took from Ohio St...so why should the Lions go to a BCS bowl over Iowa if Iowa beat Penn St. in the head-to-head game) In the loss to Northwestern, Iowa was without an expierenced good quarterback in Ricki Stanzi, as well as the much improved running back Adam Robinson. Without Robinson Iowa loses it's one two punch with Robinson and Wegher (Freshmen playing due to even more injuries to Jewel Hampton and Jeff Brinson) Iowa also has lost it's All-Big Ten guard Dace Richardson for the year. When Iowa lost to Ohio St. Brandon Wegher suffered an abdominal injury and Adam Robinson played despite probably not being 100%. Iowa then played Minnesota and in a sloppy offensive effort (The Line struggled and once again the lack of expierence showed from Vandenburg) Robinson became injured again, but the defense play well and Iowa held on 12-0. Iowa is very deserving of a BCS bowl and any accolades, They play to the level of their opponents and considering their injuries that makes a damn good football team.

Members online

Latest posts