Who stood out..who didn't at minicamp...

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I'm not gonna even bother with this.

Guys - Remember not to go for each others heads in here. :)

I'm not going for Troms head, as I wouldn't have any use for it, but, when you state something at least be accurate.

A few factors seem to decrease the amount of rushing attempts last year compared to years before.

GB was unable to gain any yardage running the ball. On 3rd down, the average yards to go, was 7. Should we have ran it on 3rd and 7?

The Packers were playing from behind more than 3/4 of the time. On the season the Packers led games 245 minutes and the opponets were leading 527 minutes. Hard to try to run the clock when you are playing from behind.

Gado averaged only .7 yards more than Green per carry. I think it's fair to say that the one switch at guard could have made that much of a difference.

The line killed this team last year. It had little to do with play call. When you can't run because the DT's are 3 yards in your backfield and you can't pass because you have 2 seconds to throw the ball to recievers who belong in NFL Europe, your options are pretty limited.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gado wasn't given the opportunities in college. He's FINALLY getting the chance with GB.
Favre didn't get a chance when he was with Atlanta, and look at what he did since then.
Maybe Gado didn't get a REAL chance in KC either. After all, who was in front of him at the RB position?
You can't say he wasn't a fast starter if he never got a REAL chance to play.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ahman was not near getting his groove back. He was still hurting badly from the injury he has from season 2004. He should have had his **** fixed before entering the 2005 season which it finally gave out during in week 6? or so

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
pyledriver80 said:
all about da packers said:
I'm not gonna even bother with this.

The Packers were playing from behind more than 3/4 of the time. On the season the Packers led games 245 minutes and the opponets were leading 527 minutes. Hard to try to run the clock when you are playing from behind.

but we never down by much so that is no reason to pass. All the games we were in its not like we were down by 17 or 21, we only lost 2 games by more than 10 points. So most the games we were in it meaning we didn't have to pass. When we are within a score most of the time there is no reason we can't run the ball.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We trailed Detroit by 14 with 7:00 left in the 4th
We trailed Cleveland by 13 going into the 4th
We Trailed Tampa by 4 going into the 4th
We Trailed Carolina by 17 going into the 4h
We trailed Cinci by 14 with 13:00 left in the 4th
We trailed Pitt by 10 with 2:00 left in the 4th
We trailed Phil by 6 with 2:00 left in the 4th
We trailed Chic by 12 with 3:00 left in the 4th
We trailed Balt by 31 going into the 4th
We trailed Chicago by 17 going into the 4th

That's 10 games we were behind in the 4th. The Average deficit was 13.1. GB made the games close because they threw the ball in the 4th.

If we were leading in those games we would have pounded the ball. Thats alot of 4th Quarters spent playing catch up.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
True a mod can be held to a higher standard.
False you can not use the fact they are a mod as a tool against them.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
William Whitticker didn't embarrass himself at left tackle even when he went against Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilia in pass protection. Tackle seems to be his best position and pass protection seems to be his strength. Thus, he has a shot to make it as a backup

Best suited for tackle like I've been saying. He'll be a solid backup but he really has a little shot of starting in this type of blocking scheme.

Members online

Latest posts