Who should be replacing 'Jags' ??

IGHPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool wrote:
P@ck66 wrote:
NO..

NOT June Jones...

He sucks..He was the guy who ran the Run 'n Gun in Atlanta when Jeff George was there...

He's so bad I'd rather have Rossley over him....

Jerry Glanville ran the Run 'n Gun.

I can't find anything that says June Jones runs the Run 'n Gun.

You disagree with my choice, but I don't see yours.

Run n' Shoot..

Whatever..that's what he ran even if you can't find it, and he still stunk in the Pros...

Hey git it right>
It was called the "Chuck and Duck" offense.

Buddy Ryan

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
66, you must be devastated....

Rumour has it that Sherman is the front runner for the Giants HC job should Casserly become GM.

That would mean your beloved Sherman won't be coming back to GB any time soon....

There there my friend *pats 66 on the back while he cries at the prospect of never seeing Mike Sherman on the Packer sidelines again*.... :p

Here's a fine example of how a mod gets a thread BACK on topic.

Just for you my man:

I wonder if J. Rowland (the RB coach before Edgar who had a fallout with Sherman) would be interested. You have to admit, his coaching resume is impressive and I'm sure a person like MM would be willing to listen to his input and involve him in many aspects of the game plan, something sure to appease Rowland.

Good precedent to set.

One only has to make one or a few related post to the topic, then said person can deviate and try to bait a known haterade person into a debate with a post that has no merit once so ever in said thread.

Good, no, no, GREAT precedent. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ANYHOW

I don't see the Packers taking someone outside the organization for the OC position. Why? As others have mentioned, Mike calls the plays and we have zone blocking already set. Maybe we could take the OL coach from the Falcons/Broncos?

Broncos...
Jeremy Bates - Offensive Assistant
Chip Beake - Offensive Quality Control

Falcons...
Tom Cable Offensive Line
Chris Dalman Offensive Assistant

Reaction score
OC Knapp has a background in QB coaching, so he too might not be a good choice for the run game...

I'm starting to think more and more that Edgar Bennett would be a good choice.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
What makes Edgar Bennet more OC than Tom Cable? Didn't Bennet just finish up his first year as RB coach?

I'd prefer to promote within, unless its a solid OC type person, thats just my personal preference though.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes Edgar Bennet more OC than Tom Cable? Didn't Bennet just finish up his first year as RB coach?

I'd prefer to promote within, unless its a solid OC type person, thats just my personal preference though.

The OC would have to be someone versed in the west coast offense and thinks of EXPANDING the existing principles of the offense.

There are not a lot of NFL assistants who are doing that. Most of this stuff is done in the college ranks. Norm Chow from Tennessee(fresh out of college) and possibly West Virginia's OC have innovative thoughts to implement in an NFL offense and would be a good ear to Mike McCarthy.
Mike Dunbar(formerly Northwestern's OC) is also a good mind to draw from as well as the primary point I raised J.Tedford(althought he's not going anywhere).

Jim Fassell is an NFL retread, and would not be a good choice for Green Bay.

Even Green Bay's old QB coach Darrell Bevell could be a candidate.

Reaction score
Even Green Bay's old QB coach Darrell Bevell could be a candidate.

Um no....he is OC of the Vikings and unless he gets a promotion the Packers can't talk to him.

Of course they could get permission, but I have little doubt the Vikes would deny them permission.

Reaction score

Bennet has been around the Packers before, and he may not have been a coach last year but he hung around enough of them to pick up a thing or two.

I just think he'd have a better read on the players.

As for hiring from within, honestly I'm not so sure there is a person who is good enough right now to be hired as OC... Philbin was the assistant O-Line coach only last year, and from what I've read, he is 'competent' in teaching zone blocking, not 'excellent' at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts