Who`s gonna confess to

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Getting a sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach on Sunday when they returned the kick off for a TD ?. I think I actually felt like being sick.
Thankfully it turned out okay in the end, but I`m sure there was more than a few of us that thought "Oh my God, this is going to be a long afternoon !".

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Was not to concerned, so many times a team that scores early and first loses in the end.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thankfully I missed it because I overslept the first 10 minutes of the game,
sometimes hard to get up in the middle of the night to watch football... :rolleyes:;)
So no concerns here as well because it was 7-7 when I turned on TV :D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wasnt worried..Even said to wife, it just gives the some hope...

I went to shout for a bit and even said, it only is delaying the bloodshed ( but that comment was their score right b4 half I think)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wasnt worried..Even said to wife, it just gives the some hope...

I went to shout for a bit and even said, it only is delaying the bloodshed ( but that comment was their score right b4 half I think)

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM - Raptorman: I think the ref thought Williams pushed him when his hips turned and he lost his balance
Oct 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM - lamboscotland: not like pack to get a bad call
Oct 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM - adambr2: And he sat and waited before he threw the flag. Just BS
Oct 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM - GoPGo: See? the idiot thing isn't really necessary, is it?
Oct 27, 2013 at 6:53 PM - GoPGo: Who is the referee tonight?
Oct 27, 2013 at 6:53 PM - longtimefan: No biggie will just delay the blood shed

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I wasn't worried. I told my daughter that it's no big deal. We got this.

I am usually a bundle of nerves. But not this game.

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I wasn't worried. I told my daughter that it's no big deal. We got this.

I am usually a bundle of nerves. But not this game.

Well I have to honest, at least for a minute or so I couldn`t bring myself to look.

Reaction score
Getting a sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach on Sunday when they returned the kick off for a TD ?. I think I actually felt like being sick.
Thankfully it turned out okay in the end, but I`m sure there was more than a few of us that thought "Oh my God, this is going to be a long afternoon !".

I was too busy screaming and cursing at the special teams' sending their pictures in on that one:mad: Here's a guy deciding to run it out from a half a foot inside the back of the end zone where in a lot of cases, a returner never make it past the 20 (IF he chooses to run it out from that distance at all) and we hardly lay a finger on him. Yeah, a quick 7 and NOT the way to start a game, but I knew we would erase that lead and score a lot of points with our new balanced attack. And with Ponder in at QB, we pretty much needed to just contain AP, not turn the ball over and have stupid penalties and we would be alright. Their offense just wasn't capable of outscoring us, although we did give up too many GIFT scores in the second half. Hyde's TD return made me forget all about that kickoff debacle :)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shook my head. Grabbed the laptop to start or bump a Fire Slocum thread. Decided to just relax. It was going to be as big of a win as the Packers wanted, so I did not stress or worry. Had they pressed the matter, I think they could have score 70 points. Instead, they took it easy and ran the ball and chewed up the clock.

They pretty much did whatever they wanted to do, Vikes never stood a chance.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It reminded me of the start of the Ponder era....and I was comforted by the thought that this was the perfect bookend for the Ponder era.

p.s. Ponder put his house on the market today

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the kick-off return I said to my wife "Here we go." I was expecting a close game, as the Vikes always put their best effort against us. It's their Super Bowl, I guess. I didn't relax until after we scored on the first possession of the 2nd half; held them to 3 and out; and then scored again. Game over. But I would have liked us to get the 40s and hold the Vikes to 17. Drive a few thousand more fans to the hockey rinks.

Reaction score
Told my wife that's the only time they're gonna lead.

I thought that would be their last lead, too. I predicted they may score 10 more points throughout the course of the game, but that was it; not 24, though! A couple of "gift" scores helped the final score appear "respectable".....from their perspective, anyway.

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
My brother and I were just laughing about it, saying "well, that sucks, but it will probably be the only points they score all night."

I was more worried when the Vikings were able to keep it close with their offense. Of course, we helped them along with penalties, but the D still gave up 10 non-garbage-time points. Kind of embarrassing...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Hey Raptor, I'd liket to get your opinion/thoughts on who you think is the best chance for Vikings QB right now.
Well. If they want to see how Freeman does they will have to play him sooner or later. Ponder shows flashes and I think his biggest problem is some of the play calling and the plays. They don't seem to play to his strengths. But I could be wrong. I also think he is to afraid of making mistake. Mostly mental which screws up his throws. He may never get it down however. Freeman had a really good year in 2010 and I think he is very capable of doing the job given the time to learn the playbook. As of right now, Ponder is the only one for sure that has a contract through next year. Cassel has an escape clause in his that I think he will use at the end of the year. If Freeman does not show anything, he will be gone. If he does, they will keep him. Funny thing is, he is the same age as Ponder. 25. I still think if they end up the top five of the draft they have to take a QB however. AS long as they don't reach again. Of course QB's in the first round is a 50% guess on who will be good. You just never know.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Oddly, I was like "Damn, give 'em 7 pts right away" and then got on with my life.

The garbage points and yardage at the end ****** me off though. Don't know why, they're inconsequential really, but I'd like to see the Pack put their foot on the Vikes throat and KEEP it there.

Now, I'm REALLY still pissed about that damned Cincinnati loss and it's not going away because if the Pack expect to move beyond the divisional round, they need at least one of the first round byes. I'm convinced that if the Pack have to go to San Francisco and/or Seattle, that the season ends there.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Now, I'm REALLY still pissed about that damned Cincinnati loss and it's not going away because if the Pack expect to move beyond the divisional round, they need at least one of the first round byes. I'm convinced that if the Pack have to go to San Francisco and/or Seattle, that the season ends there.
Surprised to hear you say that Weeds. This is rounding into a better team than I had even hoped for. I'm not worried about either team at this point. I think the Packers (when healthy) can beat either of them.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Well. If they want to see how Freeman does they will have to play him sooner or later. Ponder shows flashes and I think his biggest problem is some of the play calling and the plays. They don't seem to play to his strengths. But I could be wrong. I also think he is to afraid of making mistake. Mostly mental which screws up his throws. He may never get it down however. Freeman had a really good year in 2010 and I think he is very capable of doing the job given the time to learn the playbook. As of right now, Ponder is the only one for sure that has a contract through next year. Cassel has an escape clause in his that I think he will use at the end of the year. If Freeman does not show anything, he will be gone. If he does, they will keep him. Funny thing is, he is the same age as Ponder. 25. I still think if they end up the top five of the draft they have to take a QB however. AS long as they don't reach again. Of course QB's in the first round is a 50% guess on who will be good. You just never know.
I know the Packers had tried to pry Freeman away from Tampa Bay in 2010 I think? I believe the potential is there. Whether the Vikings have the coaching to get him going I guess we will see. I was very sad to see the Vikings get him.
Ponder is never going anywhere. He's a middling to lower tier QB and that's not going to get it done for the Vikings. I'm not sure if any of the QBs coming out are good enough to be considered top 5 but I haven't looked much because the Packers have their QB of course. (sorry, had to take that little dig).
I hate to say it but I think it's Freeman or the draft but it might be the wrong year to nab a QB. Minnesota seems to be in a real pickle with AD getting older each year.
Things are definitely not rosy in the land of lakes.

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
Surprised to hear you say that Weeds. This is rounding into a better team than I had even hoped for. I'm not worried about either team at this point. I think the Packers (when healthy) can beat either of them.
I agree with everything you just said. But the Seahawks in Seattle are much scarier than the Seahawks at Lambeau.

We just have to keep winning. 14-2 would give us a #1 seed I believe. The West will beat up on each other, and I don't see the Saints reaching 14 wins. Don't worry about what could have been. Worry about what we can do from here on out.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible if Ponder looked so bad vs the Pack on purpose? Just to **** off the front office? Would be stupid if he did, but what other reason is there for being so far off..

We have seen him be pretty good --so why so bad now??
He is hurt
Did it on purpose
Out of sync with wr

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had no reaction to it at all.....because I missed it and the first Packer score. It was 7-7 when I turned it on. I didn't even see a highlight of it.

Members online

Latest posts