Who remembers this??

OP
OP
AKCheese

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back in the day Ray Nitschke had a deal with a local bank (I think) and the schpeel was "take it from me.... Ray Nitschke" then some guy would try to take the sign or whatever from him and Ray would be like "what the &/$!?" And fend the guy off and then return to... "Anyhow.... Take it from me...Ray Nitschke" then another tussle would ensue.... Can't believe I still have these stickers..... Anyhow.... Not to stir up another pot but....there's another guy the franchise could have handled better at the end , tho I'll concede Raymond was totally blameless while the other more recent Packer Legend shared some culpability .... Regardless....we miss you Ray .... You left way way too soon

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back in the day Ray Nitschke had a deal with a local bank (I think) and the schpeel was "take it from me.... Ray Nitschke" then some guy would try to take the sign or whatever from him and Ray would be like "what the &/$!?" And fend the guy off and then return to... "Anyhow.... Take it from me...Ray Nitschke" then another tussle would ensue.... Can't believe I still have these stickers..... Anyhow.... Not to stir up another pot but....there's another guy the franchise could have handled better at the end , tho I'll concede Raymond was totally blameless while the other more recent Packer Legend shared some culpability .... Regardless....we miss you Ray .... You left way way too soon
You can blame Devine for playing Carter over Nitschke. One of many mistakes he made.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I find very disconcerting about Mr. Nitschke's career is that because Tackles were not a stat until about 10 years after he retired he is listed as having 0 tackles for his career. I may not know much but what I KNOW is that he had to have more tackles than current "all-time" team leader John Anderson. I saw John play when I was young, and I have seen Mr. Nitschke play through the magic of NFL films, and Mr. Nitschke was a MUCH better linebacker.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I find very disconcerting about Mr. Nitschke's career is that because Tackles were not a stat until about 10 years after he retired he is listed as having 0 tackles for his career. I may not know much but what I KNOW is that he had to have more tackles than current "all-time" team leader John Anderson. I saw John play when I was young, and I have seen Mr. Nitschke play through the magic of NFL films, and Mr. Nitschke was a MUCH better linebacker.
So we should take that from you?

Members online

Latest posts