Who Is Traveling Out-Of-State To An Away Game?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking about flying my family out to the Meadowlands for the Thanksgiving weekend game against the Giants. Let's hear if you're traveling across state lines to somewhere other than Lambeau to see a game this season.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought about trying to go see the pack play in the dump down in Chicago ( got a lot of family/friends in the area). But the more i thought about it the more i think I would be disappointed.You are not going to find a stadium that is going to have the majesty and atmosphere of Lambeau. Not to mention the hostility I have heard towards opposing teams fans in away locations.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was looking at going to Seattle week 3, but am having doubts bc I wanted to include a college game as well in the weekend. Washington is undergoing stadium renovations so they are using the seahawks stadium, not theirs which is noted as the loudest college stadium in the country and you can tailgate on boats before the game. Instead I might go to a Oregon game but thats a 4 hour drive each way I hear.... will have to think on it.

KCBIGDOG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be taking the family up to Saint Louis game in October. Just a short three hour drive from the house - Tickets are bought and hotel rooms reserved. Can't wait!!!!

Reaction score
I will hopefully in the playoffs, but I cannot this year because I live in NC and... We don't play Tennessee, Atlanta, Charlotte, or Washington. :(

Headrush

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trying to work out a trip to Indy to see them play Luck n the Colts in the dome. Aunt lives there so its in the works. crossing my fingers. I've been to Green Bay for camp but I live in upstate NY and have never seen them play a game at Lambeau... SOMEDAY!

Lambeau's the Cistine Chapel of football! and now that Im a shareholder and they're expanding... I gotta get back there

SGFPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be going up to see GB in St Louis. Anyone have any recommendations on tailgating or bar hopping in downtown stl?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was looking at going to Seattle week 3, but am having doubts bc I wanted to include a college game as well in the weekend. Washington is undergoing stadium renovations so they are using the seahawks stadium, not theirs which is noted as the loudest college stadium in the country and you can tailgate on boats before the game. Instead I might go to a Oregon game but thats a 4 hour drive each way I hear.... will have to think on it.
I thought you meant a 4 hour drive from Madison to Oregon! LOL
(I'm sure you mean 4 hours from Seattle to Oregon.)

Reaction score
I was at the New Orleans game but my son and his friends are seeing there 1st NFL game in new york against the giants

Go Pack Go

KCBIGDOG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be going up to see GB in St Louis. Anyone have any recommendations on tailgating or bar hopping in downtown stl?

I will be at the game in STL as well - The Landing is a good place to hang out and bar hop. I have been at the last two games in STL and the Landing is flooded with Packer Fans Saturday night partying it up. Tailgating in STL is difficult at best - there really is no stadium parking except for parking garages - The are limited places! The Hampton Inn near the stadium sells Brats and Hot Dogs and the Bar attached to the hotel usually has a band playing as well - not bad place to grab a few drinks before heading to the stadium.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
There are 7 of us driving 11 hours from Saskatchewan to Minniapolis for the season finally. We have our tickets, our hotels were super cheap and the game will be on my birthday.

The_PackisBack

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The wife and I will be heading up to the Metrodome for the 12/30 game. First time back to Minny since I was 20. Any advice on where to hang before the game?

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Waiting for them to play at Miami, Jacksonville, or Tampa again :( I think 2014 is my next shot at it... and then it's two games in one year. (Bucs, Dolphins)

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The wife and I will be heading up to the Metrodome for the 12/30 game. First time back to Minny since I was 20. Any advice on where to hang before the game?
Unfortunately the "wise" folks in Minneapolis have torn down most of the tailgating lots that used to exist around the Big Inflatable Toilet. There are a bunch of nice restaurants if you're into that kind of scene. Hubert's is the classic bar right across the street filled with fans. Grumpy's is a great place too and only four or five blocks away.

The light-rail train stops at the Metrodome so that opens up many options. You can hang out more downtown at any bar around Hennepin Ave or Nicollet and then pay 50cents to ride to the Dome. There isn't much traffic headed that way. Conversely you could take the line from the Mall of America there too, but many fans ride that route to the game so be ready for packed train cars. There are places along the route like the Cardinal Bar that are on the southern leg of the route that would be great blue collar bars for pre-game activities.

Good luck!

Members online

Latest posts