Who do we root for this week, Bears or Vikings?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the Packers won't be on this week, I'll probably watch the Bears vs. Vikings game. I'm not sure who is the bigger threat in the division at the moment, so I'm not sure who to root for.

Maybe I'll watch the Lions game instead, because at least there I know I want the Panthers to win :D

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I like the city of Chicago better so I'll just root for them...But, if someone can convince me that the Vikings are LESS of a threat...NO I can't do it.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as we chant "Bears still suck"... I'd have to go with da Bears!
I even assisted a fellow worker with his own MSN site....

Hoosier Bearfan (play on words?)

I combine that with the mingled history of Curly Lambeau & George "Papa-Bear" Halas bailing each other out of bankruptcy throughout the years.... it's too interlinked to spend time on malice.

Now, the Vikings? That's a whole different story....

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikes look aweful, and the bears have a strong defence, so i choose minn to win this week. packers will hand the vikes a defeat after the bye.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Bear team is better but I think the Vikings strengths and weaknesses match up better against the Packers.

It is almost a coin flip question.

Normal football psychology says the Vikings do worse after a win. Will a loss make them more likely to throw in the towel or get angry and motivated for the Packers the following week?

Beyond my control and wisdom, I leave it in the hands of the Almighty.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Normal football psychology says the Vikings do worse after a win. Will a loss make them more likely to throw in the towel or get angry and motivated for the Packers the following week?

"Everyone" always gets it up for the Packers.....

A Team would be on a 5 game losing streak, and they'd be throwing the kitchen sink at the Packers... It happens no matter where we play!

The real issue the rest of the way is this -----

MIKE SHERMAN (The players have already proven what they're capable of)

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want them both to lose!!!

I'll be looking for dump mistakes and stupid penalties just to laugh at how much both teams suck!

My dream score: 2-2 tie. Both teams messing up on the goal-line with a botched snap for a safety. The battle should really come down to the punters, who both have to leave the game with ice on their sore legs -- 3 more plays and you have to kick again!

No matter how it comes out, there's no way that I'm going to root for either team to win. When I want Minny or Chic-a-go to lose, I don't root for the opponent -- I just root for that team to lose!

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, since reading Fred Smoot's comment in our Sunday paper about a week ago, I will be rooting for Da Bears. His comment was that the Vikes were going to go 13-3 this year and take the division. GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the bears win, and they spank the vikes like they did my lions. Lions and bears fighting for the nfc north title this year? It would do my heart good to see the packers and vikings at the bottom for a change.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Root for the Vikes? I don't think so. Root for the Bears? NEVER! In games like these , I just hope they play each other very, very hard, and hope some juices(mental and physical) are extracted from them especialy when you play one of the opponents the following week. I'm not hoping someone gets injured,but sometimes watching these games, you cheer on the the "pass rush" for whatever defence is on the feild. :twisted:

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So nice to see all the love. Nobody really knows what to expect. Will it be Jeckel or Hyde that shows up? Should be quite intersting.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
So nice to see all the love. Nobody really knows what to expect. Will it be Jeckel or Hyde that shows up? Should be quite intersting.

I think that is true for both teams. The Vikings are in a bit of flux themselves. Bears are catching them at the right time.

BTW, what is the Bears all time record against the Vikings? Just curious...

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings have lost 22 out of their last 25 outdoor games and the last 4 games at Chicago. Vikes need to break out the lifejackets. [ pun intended].

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that they play a very physical game and have a few of the key Vikings players limping off the field...so much that they may not be able to play in a week or so afterward.

Anyway, it's hard to root for da Bears but living in ND makes it difficult and even impossible to cheer for the Vikings since there are so many Viking fans around. Hopefully, the Bears squeak one out and knock the snot out of Culpepper in the process. I'd like a Favre vs. Brad Johnson match-up next week!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
since I am GOING to this game, my first NFL game EVER(!!!) I am going to root for the Bears. I am a Chicago guy, and I know they are both rivals. Here are my reasons.

1. I REALLY...REALLY hate the vikings.

2. I am a Chicago guy, and I always do root for Chicago, cuz most of the time they are not a threat to green bay. But with back to back 1-4 starts it is getting harder.

3. I REALLY...REALLY hate the vikings.

4. Darren sharper is on the vikings, and I REALLY REALLY hate the vikings....with their sex parties and whatnot.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Tromadz - tell us how ya "really" "really" "really...." feel !

And... what's that about - meaning No.4 ---??? *** parties?

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
since I am GOING to this game, my first NFL game EVER(!!!) I am going to root for the Bears. I am a Chicago guy, and I know they are both rivals.

It's a little goofy looking on the outside, but there's not a bad seat inside. I think you will enjoy it. Have Fun!

Go Bears!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I hope that they play a very physical game and have a few of the key Vikings players limping off the field...so much that they may not be able to play in a week or so afterward. "

WHAT??!?

They do THAT, they will start playing the players who will want to actually PLAY... That might make them tougher!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
"I hope that they play a very physical game and have a few of the key Vikings players limping off the field...so much that they may not be able to play in a week or so afterward. "

WHAT??!?

They do THAT, they will start playing the players who will want to actually PLAY... That might make them tougher!
It would be nice to see some guys who want to play. I see them coming together for a win.

Members online

Latest posts