Who do I think the Packers Need

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are several players I would love to see go to the packers, however many of them probaly wont. However I am going to list players I think would be realistic.

Round 1

Robert Meachem (Tennessee) - The Wide Receiver position seems to be a problem for the packers year after year. Sure Donald Driver and Greg Jennings are great playmakers, and receiver like Ruvell Martin and Carlyle Holiday showed promise the pack needs a wide receiver. Robert Meachem has great speed he ran a 4.39 forty and has excellent size at 6''2 and 214 pounds. Has big hands and will snatch the ball out of the air. A big play threat in the vertical passing game.

Leon Hall (Michigan) - This is a guy I could see playing for the Packers.This position doesn't neccesarly have to be filled, with Al Harris and Charles Woodsen, but Leon Hall could be a great help in the CB postition. Leon Hall is a guy who is tough and aggressive. He is a playmaker who can make tackles, get in the way of the pass and make interceptions.

Round 2

Tony Hunt (Penn State) - A workhorse type of pack who still has the speed and ability to make big plays, I say if he is there I would grab him in a second. I think he is underrated and is a lot better than some think.

Justin Harrell (Tennessee) - Ryan Pickett was good this year, although yes Cullen Jenkins and Colin Cole didn't look bad they arent playmakers. Thanks to his injury his stock dropped and he could land in the packs hands, he will be healthy by the draft (I hope). Justin is Great Player who has great size, speed, and quickness. A great tackeler who can get to a ballcarrier and put a good hit on him.

Other players I would like to see on the Packers

Scott Chandler - A great receiving Tight End who can get into open field and make a great catch, break tackles and get into the endzone. Only medicore in the blocking game but he can learn. Great size at 6''7. The Packers could easily find him in the 4th or 5th round.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a later round WR like Mike Walker, some think he might be this draft's steal at WR and Colston.

Overview: A quality player who is now getting a chance to showcase his abilities. Was moved around from offense to defense, back to offense and found his niche at wide receiver. Had an excellent combine.

Strengths: Great size for the position. Runs sharp routes and finds the open pocket. Timed speed is top notch. Catches ball with hands and won't body catch. Tough.

Weaknesses: Is still learning receiver as he moved around. Level of competition was okay. Has battled injuries, including missing 2 games in 06. Game speed is much slower than timed.

Projection: After a great combine, personnel are going back to review the film. A very raw player who might be a small school gem, will have to answer durability questions. Should be a mid day 2 draftpick.

Members online

Latest posts