Who did it?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Ever see how another team admits they threw the game? I mean, nobody wants to admit they got their *** handed to them?
I'm referring to the playoffs last year. We didn't beat Philly, their kicker HANDED the game to us. We didn't beat Atlanta, Ryan HANDED the game to us. We didn't win the Super Bowl, Rapistburger and Co. HANDED the game to us.
If turnovers are gimmies, how do you determine the best defense? Correct me if I'm wrong but if you put pressure on the QB and he throws short or long or other than to his target, isn't that the defense doing it's job?
Forgive David "QuAkers": for his misses, but hey, you either make them or you don't. We've watched Crosby miss some, did we "give" the game then? The NYGiants punter kicked to Philly's best return guy, did they "give" them the game?
I get that many fans don't want to admit the obvious fact. The Green Bay Packers are world champs and easily the most talented team in the NFL. But is it that hard to admit that the champs beat you?
Most years it turns out that the Super Bowl Champs had alot of things work well for them injury wise and so on. The Packers didn't have one darned thing work for them, they lost CWood and DDriver in the Super Bowl and they WON! So if things go even a little bit in their favor, can this team be "Lucky" again?
***** - only if other teams are willing to "give" us the game.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even the Pittsburgh coach said we won because we plain old outplayed the Squealers.

Oh, I don't think coaches have any problem admitting it. It's the fans that won't admit that their team got beat. And I'm not being self-righteous here. I do it too, though I believe I do it much less than the "average" (meaning "casual") fan.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ones that are on the side of the losing team, Packers included, will never admit that they were outplayed or the other team was better. It's always "We made too many mistakes."
And it's not just in pro sports.
I'm noticing this on the losing amateur softball teams I play on.
I'll admit that the other teams are out playing, out hitting us but no one else on the team will.
I guess those who are on the side of the losing team just don't want to psych themselves out or admit that they aren't as good as the winning team?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Just the sound of butthurt fans on the losing side. Music to my ears.... Most fans will not admit their team is inferior.

I do think you can interpret the "handed the game" stuff to really mean "They outplayed us!" but, it's just not in most fan's psychology to admit that.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some fans just cannot face reality and admit their teams were outplayed or just not as good as they thought they were. It's just not something they can fathom.

So they have to make up lame excuses and live in denial. It's easier than dealing with the truth.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Oh, I don't think coaches have any problem admitting it. It's the fans that won't admit that their team got beat. And I'm not being self-righteous here. I do it too, though I believe I do it much less than the "average" (meaning "casual") fan.

Yup, should have seen all the excuses flowing on the Bears board when we whupped them twice in a row.

Of course if we explained how we lost the first game there it was nothing but lame excuses on our parts according to them.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
If that is the case, I think we should all be grateful to all the other teams in the NFL. It was very thoughtful of them to form the alliance to throw their seasons so that the Green Bay Packers could become the victorious CHAMPIONS of the world....yeah, whatever.

yeah... whatever!!!

brilliant!!!

*just a test to see if *** comes up,..or if *** is really needed

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "we handed the game to you" argument does seem to be a bit of stretch, but I can see how people like to think their team is unbeatable if they execute properly and play mistake free. But how many games are you going to see without at least one wtf moment.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
Maybe the Eagles did give us a gift game because without ol'52 hurting Kolb they would have never made the playoffs.
PAY IT FORWARD!!
Thanks Eagles for being so thoughtful! ;)

OP
OP
DevilDon

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Sure did.
Not arguing, but didn't the Giants then do us the favor? Philly needed the win. The Giants are the ones who took a giant dump. Not that they could have done anything about the juggernaut they'd face at Lambeau anyway.

Members online

Latest posts