Who dat!?!

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit. . .after the Packers lost the game to the Cardinals I had tears. I ordered an authentic Rodgers jersey. . .

Tonight after the Saints won, I told my friend that I'm positive that America was cheering for that city and the state of Louisiana. . .I went and ordered an authentic Drew Brees jersey.

There are players that I respect more than the game and Drew Brees is one of those players, because of what he does off the field. . .those are the players I love to watch on the field Sunday.

If any N'Orlean fans read this, I want to say. . .CONGRATS I hope that the Super Bowl celebrate lasts. . .you have another BIG celebration that is being over looked. . but for good reason :)

<3 WHO DAT SAINTS! You guys deserve it! I can't wait to have my Brees jersey next to my Rodgers jersey. Both great players that I have a tremendous respect for. WHO DAT WHO DAT WHO DAT GON BEAT THA SAINTS!

Glad that you guys pulled it out! :happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respect much more the fans of New Orleans and from the state of Louisiana, that went through so much, plus have been dealing with a losing franchise for so long...

Drew Brees is an outstanding character, don't get me wrong. And his organization and personal involviment with the city are remarkable, but it wasn't him who had to survive having all his assets being destroyed, to say the least.

But now, it's different. They already won it. There's no more sympathy from the other fans. Every game they face next year will be a personal superbowl for the opponent...

OP
OP
BBalzWI

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not buying Drew Brees's jersey because I feel that he won the game and up lifted the city.

I'm buying this jersey because of multiple reasons. I feel he's uplifted the team as a QB and pushed them beyond the hard ships of having poor QBs. I also have picked this jersey because I feel that it represents the city too. . .the colors and team that it brings to your mind when you see it.

I have great respect for them . . . I feel this team has done a lot for the city and I want to wear the colors of that team for a long time.

I'm a hardcore Packer fan and will be forever but right now I want to represent some N'Orleans. . .

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
That onside kick was un****ingbelievable. Balls. HUGE balls.

That Manning pick six was positively Favre-esque. Fitting that Tracy Porter got it.

Good for New Orleans. They dominated 3/4 of this game.

OP
OP
BBalzWI

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That onside kick was un****ingbelievable. Balls. HUGE balls.

That Manning pick six was positively Favre-esque. Fitting that Tracy Porter got it.

Good for New Orleans. They dominated 3/4 of this game.

I think we all know that the vikqueens beat themselves and lost the game vs the Saints but tonight. . . WHO DAT SAINTS won this game, they deserve it and I'm tickled they won it. I'm going to be extremely proud to sport black and gold and green and gold jerseys.

I like Peyton Manning but Drew Brees and the Saints represent much more and I love it!

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
There are players that I respect more than the game and Drew Brees is one of those players,

Great win by the Saints!! But never make the mistake of respecting a player more than the game - that is what happened when too many people felt that way about our former QB and look how that turned out.

Just sayin'...

Brees played great and I am very happy for the Saints and the city of NO - but no player is ever bigger than the game.

Drew Brees

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys are awesome. thanks!

edit: don't forget to cheer us on when we whip some Viking *** next season!

OP
OP
BBalzWI

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right on about the player being bigger than the game. . .

I didn't mean that, I was on a high from the game to be honest. . .I ment to write that sometimes there's times bigger than the game and that this was one of them because the city of N'Orleans deserved this and I felt that the feeling of the win for them and the city/state was bigger than the game was and I dont think anyone can deny that.

My bad on saying the player bigger than the game. . .I truly ment that the city/state and history of what they've been through recently trumps the game and I'm so happy for them.

WHO DAT!?!?!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys are awesome. thanks!

edit: don't forget to cheer us on when we whip some Viking *** next season!

Yeah, I'm glad for you guys.

I'll cheer as hard as I can when that game happens. I do understand that the refs missed some calls in that game, but there's still Viking fans complaining about how dirty Saints players. Mostly Bobby McCray.

I hope we there's a Packer-Saints game in the playoffs. Would be intense!

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Screw you, Vikings! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

LOL - Indeed, screw you viqueens! If your QB was smarter with the football when it really mattered this could have been you - but instead it was a team who deserved it more with classy fans!

WHO DAT SAY THEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS????

WHO DAT, WHO DAT??

Did I mention that :viksux:

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well for a city that has hosted many Super Bowls while enduring many horrific teams of their own, this had to be very special. Congrats to the Saints and their fans.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Congrats to the Saints, glad they finally had their year. Now in turn Packers need to rule the decade. I am glad that the Saints won cause it helped out the state of Louisiana and gives the people there a good reason to celebrate for a good cause.

Oh yeah, screw the Viqueens, and will every team worth a damn beat their ***** next year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, guys, I know it's just an expression, there's no ill-intentions (other than the normal ones) in the word, but let's try to keep it a little more civilized...

There are so many expressions that can be used instead... screw you vikings, the vikings stink, the vikings are pathetic, vikings chokers, minnesota: land of a thousand lakes and zero superbowls, and of course, :viksux:!

(BTW, you can substitute vikings with viqueens, and the effect is even better!)

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great win by the Saints!! But never make the mistake of respecting a player more than the game - that is what happened when too many people felt that way about our former QB and look how that turned out.

Just sayin'...

Brees played great and I am very happy for the Saints and the city of NO - but no player is ever bigger than the game.

Excellent point, that was the true story of the whole BF thing. Thats what I think Dungy did so well as a head coach with a Star like Peyton, he kept things balance and in perspective. Drew will face the same thing as BF did after winning the super bowl for the Packers, although I think Drew considers the WHO DAT Nation as home and expects his kids to grow up there.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I was pulling for the Saints last night, only because of Joe Lombardi. I understand the sentiment, but I would never buy the jersey of a player that isn't a Packer. I'm a stubborn jerk, and I can't support another team in that way.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respect much more the fans of New Orleans and from the state of Louisiana, that went through so much, plus have been dealing with a losing franchise for so long...
Even though I'm happy for the fans of the Saints, Packers fans are still the best in the NFL.

We don't feel ashamed of our team to put paper bags over our heads.
We don't call them negative names when they do poorly. (Such as "Aint's" or whatever.)
Sure, not everybody sticks with them, such as the traitors who left when their leading head traitor Burnt Fart, left.
But those who are still rooting for the Pack have our Packer pride no matter what or how they do year after year.
Plus it's the fans who own them and not some old senile geezer rich guy who doesn't know what's going on down there.
Yeah. Packers fans rule.
:superman:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was all in all a great and exciting Super Bowl.
The team that deserved to win, did.

Congrats to the Saints and their fans.
Way to go, guys!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I'm happy for the fans of the Saints, Packers fans are still the best in the NFL.

We don't feel ashamed of our team to put paper bags over our heads.
We don't call them negative names when they do poorly. (Such as "Aint's" or whatever.)
Sure, not everybody sticks with them, such as the traitors who left when their leading head traitor Burnt Fart, left.
But those who are still rooting for the Pack have our Packer pride no matter what or how they do year after year.
Plus it's the fans who own them and not some old senile geezer rich guy who doesn't know what's going on down there.
Yeah. Packers fans rule.
:superman:
As I said before, I don't cheer for nobody except the Packers or whoever plays against our rivals. I wasn't cheering for them.

I'm just saying that their fans deserve more than the Indianapolis fans, that, with all due respect, got a franchise that a madman stole from Baltimore...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said before, I don't cheer for nobody except the Packers or whoever plays against our rivals. I wasn't cheering for them.

I'm just saying that their fans deserve more than the Indianapolis fans, that, with all due respect, got a franchise that a madman stole from Baltimore...
I agree. :bye:

I wasn't arguing against you or anything.
I was thinking about what a commentator said about how Saints fans used to act towards them when they were losers and I saw the place to express it.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to seem as if it was counter to what you posted.

Was it the Baltimore Colts that moved away in the middle of the night away from Baltimore to Indy?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was thinking about what a commentator said about how Saints fans used to act towards them when they were losers and I saw the place to express it.

Was it the Baltimore Colts that moved away in the middle of the night away from Baltimore to Indy?
Yeah. Press conference, the owner completely wasted, talking about the team not leaving to Phoenix. He was telling the thruth...

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First, I have nothing but respect for the Packer fanbase. I realize that I would probably die of old age before I could buy a season ticket.

However, I think you underestimate the loyalty of Saints's fans, and in particular the whole "bag" phenom. Keep in mind that this was around the time of the "unknown comic." It was primarily intended to bring comic relief at a time when the organization was an example of futility. Those fans were, nonetheless, at the game or we would not be talking about it today. If anything, it was meant to send a message to the ownership.

I know you guys have gone through lean times, but it's a different matter to continue to support a team that never won and at times looked like they never would. Under the circumstances, the support by the Saints' fans was remarkable through all those years.

All Saints' fans needed was a glimmer of hope. The passion for the team was always there. There has been a waiting list for season tickets ever since we have had a contender, and that includes the last couple years when we had dissapointing seasons. The last I heard the waiting list was around 50,000. That's not as deep as the Pac, but you could almost fill the Dome again with those on the list.

The weekend after the NFCCG the fans held a parade, with no players in attendance, and the estimate of the crowd was 85,000.

The estimate for the number of fans attending the post Super Bowl parade was 800,000. (I obviously can't verify that, but I know the parade route was over 4 miles long and the crowd was probably thirty deep in places on either side of the street).

Although the game was played in Miami, fans from all over the country came to New Orleans just to be in the city during the game.

When the Saints lost the NFCCG to the Bears there were thousands of fans waiting for the team at the airport at 3am.

Again, I am not going to try to to say that our fans are better than Packers fans. Then again, I am not going to argue that my daddy can beat up your daddy either.

I do know one thing, neither of our fanbases would ever be confused with those losers in MN.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
First, I have nothing but respect for the Packer fanbase. I realize that I would probably die of old age before I could buy a season ticket.

However, I think you underestimate the loyalty of Saints's fans, and in particular the whole "bag" phenom. Keep in mind that this was around the time of the "unknown comic." It was primarily intended to bring comic relief at a time when the organization was an example of futility. Those fans were, nonetheless, at the game or we would not be talking about it today. If anything, it was meant to send a message to the ownership.

I know you guys have gone through lean times, but it's a different matter to continue to support a team that never won and at times looked like they never would. Under the circumstances, the support by the Saints' fans was remarkable through all those years.

All Saints' fans needed was a glimmer of hope. The passion for the team was always there. There has been a waiting list for season tickets ever since we have had a contender, and that includes the last couple years when we had dissapointing seasons. The last I heard the waiting list was around 50,000. That's not as deep as the Pac, but you could almost fill the Dome again with those on the list.

The weekend after the NFCCG the fans held a parade, with no players in attendance, and the estimate of the crowd was 85,000.

The estimate for the number of fans attending the post Super Bowl parade was 800,000. (I obviously can't verify that, but I know the parade route was over 4 miles long and the crowd was probably thirty deep in places on either side of the street).

Although the game was played in Miami, fans from all over the country came to New Orleans just to be in the city during the game.

When the Saints lost the NFCCG to the Bears there were thousands of fans waiting for the team at the airport at 3am.

Again, I am not going to try to to say that our fans are better than Packers fans. Then again, I am not going to argue that my daddy can beat up your daddy either.

I do know one thing, neither of our fanbases would ever be confused with those losers in MN.
Yo brother... This member of the GBP fanbase knew most of what u mentioned here and to that I say, ahmen bro! I'm so very happy for the Saints and their fans!

+1 on your posting here... mucho appreciated and your team rocks!

Members online

Latest posts