Who Contracts are Up?

Reaction score
Who's Contracts are up? A list of names would be very nice! Just curious about how many people we need to resign!

Go Packers!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Cullen Jenkins
Brandon Jackson
Daryn Colledge
John Kuhn
James Jones
Charlie Peprah
Nick Barnett
Atari Bigby
Jason Spitz
Mason Crosby

...that I know of.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson's words practically made me cry. Tears did swell up in my eyes for real.

For Jackson, an even more challenging decision awaits. Given his value as Rodgers’ personal protector in the backfield, the Packers – and Rodgers – undoubtedly want him back. But with Grant set to return from injury and rookie James Starks having piqued the team’s interest with his running ability, Jackson could also garner outside interest and seek an opportunity to be an every-down back – the role he expected to have when the team took him in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft, and the role he thought he’d finally gotten after Grant’s injury.

When I walk out this door, what I’m going to remember is the love that this organization gave me. Drafting me in the second round, taking a chance on me. Me giving my all to this team,” Jackson said. “I feel like I’m the ultimate team player. You’ll never hear a peep out of me. I’m always doing my job. That’s what it takes to win this. That’s what we did Sunday. When I walk out of here, it’s going to be full of joy. Full of tears. Full of exciting memories.

Nothing can take that away. There’s a lot of love that goes into this organization when I walk out this locker room.
“It’s not up to me. If the Packers want me, they’ve got me. When I leave this door, it’s going to be full of joy. It’s been a great ride.”

“That’s four hard years of dedication, blood, sweat, tears, adversity that goes into that 32,” said Jackson, the ultra-professional running back who toiled as the team’s third-down back without a single complaint, even after Ryan Grant’s season-ending ankle injury didn’t lead to the full-time starting gig he’d expected. (You can hear the emotion in his voice for yourself by clicking here.)

The history of the organization goes into that 32. My family, the love, the support goes into that 32. My faith in Christ goes into that 32. There’s a lot of history, there’s a lot of accolades, there’s a lot of things that go into that 32 that’s on that jersey. That jersey will not be washed. It will be hung up, framed, with the rest of my jerseys that I have from college, high school.

“That 32 is very special to me. It’s been … I don’t know. It’s emotional, you know, when I talk about it because I’ve been through a lot here. The road is tough. And to bring home the Lombardi Trophy, to have that patch on the side of my shoulder, it’s amazing.”

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a husker fan i really hope we keep b jax... The kid has shown great things as a change of pace type back... blocking and screens seem to be his thing

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cullen Jenkins
Brandon Jackson
Daryn Colledge
John Kuhn
James Jones
Charlie Peprah
Nick Barnett
Atari Bigby
Jason Spitz
Mason Crosby

...that I know of.

Is there anyone that we really want/need to keep? Jenkins would be nice. But I think he wants a big contract and I think the team would be more likely to offer a big 2 year deal instead.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Is there anyone that we really want/need to keep? Jenkins would be nice. But I think he wants a big contract and I think the team would be more likely to offer a big 2 year deal instead.
The guys that I think are going to overpriced/expedable:

Colledge
Barnett
Bigby (hate to say it)

Guys that will most certainly be back:

Kuhn
Peprah
Crosby

Guys I'm not sure about:

Jones

Guys that we should fight for:

Jenkins

Guys that are probably gone:

Spitz
Jackson

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't see how we could consider losing Jenkins, he's the second best pass rusher on the team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Guys that will most certainly be back:

Kuhn
Peprah
Crosby

Guys I'm not sure about:

Jones

Guys that we should fight for:

Jenkins

I would be surprised if we pay Kuhn as the money for him will be competitive, and we have enough FBs. We dont really need him on the goal line anymore next season either.

Peprah, maybe. But remember, everyone was high on Burnett last season before he went down and woodson might be moving over to safety sooner than later.

Crosby, I dont think he is clutch and would rather pay 6th or 7th rounder for the job. Maybe I am just a Crosby hater, lol. I do think he comes across as a nice guy though.

Jones, another maybe. Depends on what the numbers come in like. Is he needed? No. But you have to assume driver will struggle next season due to age and injuries so not sure how much you want to change the WR core with that in mind.

Jenkins, really all depends on what he gets offered elsewhere. As much as fans like to think it, its not true, players rarely give hometown discounts.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I really don't see how we could consider losing Jenkins, he's the second best pass rusher on the team.
He will most likely ask for A LOT of money. Couple that with this draft being deep at DE (from what I've heard, I actually don't follow scouting well enough to know for sure), and we'll be saying bye to Jenkins. Plus we've got Mike Neal coming back healthy, and maybe Jolly(?).

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett isn't a free agent, I believe he has two years remaining. He and Hawk are defacto free agents though, due to contract reasons. Hawk has the huge contract to force a renegotiation and with Bishop's extension, we have too much money tied up in the ILB position.

Barnett is the likely loser, because he's the oldest and had a couple injuries as of late. It'll come down to Hawk. He agrees to an extension/reworking, Barnetts gone. Otherwise, Hawk will be shown the door.

I don't think Jenkins will be back, simply due to money and roster space reasons. Similar for B. Jackson. I've made other posts on the topic and seems foolish to repeat myself.

Colledge, I dunno. He finally had a good seaon, even if he is the worst of our 5 starters. We could let him walk and end up with someone worse due to strange circumstances. I feel similarly about Jones. Driver isn't getting younger.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I would be surprised if we pay Kuhn as the money for him will be competitive, and we have enough FBs. We dont really need him on the goal line anymore next season either.

Peprah, maybe. But remember, everyone was high on Burnett last season before he went down and woodson might be moving over to safety sooner than later.

Crosby, I dont think he is clutch and would rather pay 6th or 7th rounder for the job. Maybe I am just a Crosby hater, lol. I do think he comes across as a nice guy though.

Jones, another maybe. Depends on what the numbers come in like. Is he needed? No. But you have to assume driver will struggle next season due to age and injuries so not sure how much you want to change the WR core with that in mind.

Jenkins, really all depends on what he gets offered elsewhere. As much as fans like to think it, its not true, players rarely give hometown discounts.
I really don't see us letting Kuhn walk after all he's done this year. Sure he'll be expensive, but I don't think we'll need as many FB's next year on the roster.

Peprah we'll keep around for depth simply because Bigby is going to be gone. Even with Burnett coming back.

I'm not too sold on Crosby either. But if our management can get up the courage to get rid of Slocum, maybe we can bring in someone to coach him up. He certainly has potential and I'd just hate to be one of those teams that has a revolving door at kicker.

I just have no idea about Jones. How much will he ask? Does he want to be a #1 or #2 somewhere else? Will he get better offers? I don't think he will simply because of all the drops.

I mentioned above how we could let Jenkins go, and it would be okay. I wouldn't be that worked up about it. Like you said, it depends on how much he asks for.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Cullen Jenkins- I'd love to have him back. He's a difference maker on the line.
Brandon Jackson- As long as he's cheap and knows he'd be strictly a 3rd down back, why not?
Daryn Colledge- Sure. Unless we draft someone to take his spot.
John Kuhn- Yes or I'll.... well I'll trust Ted. But I still want him back and I think he'll be back.
James Jones- He gone. Someone will give him a shot at the #2, even with the drops. Carolina, maybe?
Charlie Peprah- I'd like him back. He was good this year in relief. He'd be good depth behind Burnett. Smith can go.
Nick Barnett- He can go. Bishop both outplayed him and is less of a headache.
Atari Bigby- He can probably go too. I like him, but I don't see a need for him. I'd rather have Peprah back.
Jason Spitz- Don't care one way or the other.
Mason Crosby- Don't care one way or the other.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
switch Hawk for Barnett as Barnett isnt a FA. But most likely on the chop block if things take a turn in negotiations

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably keep BJax as a primary 3rd down back (that was going to be his role anyway this season before Grant got hurt). Crosby will not get what he want but we still keep him for his leg. Kuhn will move back to his full back role and get more then what he is getting now. James Jones might not get much interest because of the drops, also depends on how far Swain comes in the off-season, if he develops faster then we might let Jones go!

I think we keep Hawk with a new deal that will pay him little less, Barnett might be gone next year along with Jenkins and Ted will probably draft a few more guys on defense to replace them. Mike Neal will be back from injury next year, he was developing in to a pretty good player!

Also have to remember CBA needs to be done before any thing can be finalized. If there is no CBA there are no FA's!

jamie97520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Kuhn will be back, he embodies Green Bay spirit. J.J might have dropped some big balls this year including two big touchdowns in the playoffs (one in the superbowl) but i think him and A-Rod have good chemistry. Jenkins will stay too, he is a force on the line.

I will be interested who we bring in the draft, it will say alot about who we expect to lose.

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love that we won the super bowl with Bishop. Anyone think we will bring back Barnett now? Bishop has to have that spot on lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts