who believes collins is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because i rarely see anything from him that shows he is a good safety. in safety help you always see him get there to help the corners after the reciever has already caught the ball. he is always late with the help. although i dont think he is bad but i think he has not lived up to expectations . he also cannot catch half the time.

anyone feel like I do? which is disappointed and let down because i have not seen the the pro bowl safety we all talked bout having after his rookie season.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think he's average. You never see him make an atrocious play and he's invisible a lot of times.

Just an average safety with good athletic ability.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never thought he was any good. People often talk of him like he's a playmaker, but he's had one really good game in his career as a Packer and a bunch of average to below-average games. There's an obvious reason why some people seem to love this guy so much, but I'll leave it up to you to guess what it is.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins has the physical tools to be a dominating safety, but he doesn't have the head, which often is more important, and you can't teach that.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think GB had hoped that with playing time, the guy would develop into a playmaker with better instincts, but it has yet to happen. However, he has never been teamed with even an average counterpart at the other safety position and that could elevate his game somewhat.

Also, he does not appear to be the liability that Manuel and others have been recently.

But this is a position that needs to be addressed in the offseason.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
He's average at best. Rouse has way more upside. I'm thinking Collins and Rouse should be our safties asap though.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'll say this and that's that the coaches have repeatedly said the guy has All-Pro ability. From what I have observed to date the coaches have shown a much better eye for the talent level of players than most of the consensus' I have seen produced on this forum.

So once again I believe I will err on their side rather than just err. Because I got to tell you the number of players singled out in here that many have wanted to see get the boot is actually quite alarming...

...and I'm darn glad now that nobody that makes those decisions were listening either.

OP
OP
T

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks hes not really any good. id give him average but we need someone that can back up the corners and be there with the help on time. rather than always seeing him show up late after the catch is already made.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
COllins and Rouse should start.....though I think we should draft a safety in the first round this year

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets be real here....Collins is not as good as we originally thought he would be. If anyone has seen his video interviews, they would know that he just doesnt have the mental capability at the position or any other position. The guy doesnt even know how to put a sentence together... Though he isnt that smart he does have somewhat of athletic ability. By default he should be starting while Aaron Rouse should be the strong safety. Bigby is a big hitter, but that is just about all he is. this is all my opinion of course =]

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins was NEVER thought to be a good safety. The confusion comes from people on this board TOTALLY overhyping guys. They did it early on with Bigby and when Colledge was drafted. Hell, I remember some saying Ingle Martin was the future.

Certain Packer fans on here don't look at things objectively. They think anybody playing for the Pack is the next coming of god

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and you are the exact opposite, you think everyone playing for the Pack sucks ***.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins was NEVER thought to be a good safety. The confusion comes from people on this board TOTALLY overhyping guys. They did it early on with Bigby and when Colledge was drafted. Hell, I remember some saying Ingle Martin was the future.

Certain Packer fans on here don't look at things objectively. They think anybody playing for the Pack is the next coming of god

Excellent post. :thumbsup:

Alot of players are WAY over-hyped before they even step on the field. Nobody seems to remember that these guys are rookies, and to put them in against TO is insane. Thank God, we have Woodson and Harris.

We could also have used another veteran DB or two for these very situations. Hint hint...TT that's what free agency is for!

Ingle Martin...now that's hysterical.

If you want something to laugh about.

There were even a few posters who were suggesting last year that Ingle should have started over Favre when A-Rod got hurt.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

NormaL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to think he was something special (his first year). I watch Darren "the mouth" Sharper making plays with the vikes and think maybe we should have payed him. *ducks for cover*

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's fine. He drops too many interceptions, but if he works on that... he'll be great.

Bigby on the other hand... that guy is Ahmad Carroll with dreads. Either that, or we use him the wrong way.

Put Rouse in instead.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon, he's terrible.

Watch that replay of Owens catch in the end zone.

Collins just watches him catch the damn ball, and he was in a bad position.

Dive at the damn thing. Make an attempt to knock the ball down, or something.

Or, at least...LOOK like you know what you're doing out there.

He's an embarassment to Leroy's number.

(He should have to wear another number).

Damn...it was embarassing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts