Who are your most hated coaches in NFL History?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Rex Ryan - This guy just doesnt know when to shut his trap - constantly obsessing over New England, making bold predictions that dont come true.
2. Buddy Ryan - Same reason, except not as outspoken.
3. Jerry Glanville - Perhaps the quote of Favre would never start for him comes to mind. A real brainiac.
4. Mike Martz - the media really crowned this guy, and then we found out it was the team and not him, see **** Vermeil. lol
5. Bill Parcels - weird about him, at first I think alot of folks liked him. But as time went on, wow.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love Parcells, he is what I think a modern coach should be, not enough coaches like him in the NFL anymore last of a dying breed.

Glanville cracks me up. He has the best stories.

I really like Bud Grant too. Similar reasons.

Most hated coaches... Chilly in MN I guess. I can think of some Packer ones I couldnt stand.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers:
Ray McLean. The same Packers coach whose team won only one game in a 12-game season. At least he paved the way for Lombardi.

Didn't like Forrest Greg as a coach either, because he tried for an "in your face" and "physical" style of play that turned them into a bunch of hitmen (Remember Charles Martin and his "hitlist"? ). And, I don't think Mike Sherman is well liked, either.

Non-Packers:
Really, I dislike Belichick the most, due to his brutal style of coaching. I remember the Patriots running up the scores of several games back in 2007, keeping Brady in the game when they were up 30-something, and going for it on 4th down when the game was well over. That's bush league stuff.

I don't hate Rex Ryan, though. I find him hilarious and entertaining. The "Let's go eat a ******* snack" line was comedy gold.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bud Grant: Quit football because he wasn't getting in enough hunting. After the 5 years necessary for the 'Viking Stank' to dissappear, I had a lot of respect for him.

Forrest Greg: Would pass too much. We would yell from the stands "Run Forrest Run!" Side note, Tom Hanks had season tickets next to me. Hmmmm. He quit after the strike season because the scab players were just excited and happy to play the game. He didn't like the attitudes of the current NFL players. I respected that.

Rich Kotite. This guy may have been the worse coach ever. With the way New Yorkers are, I think he probably is the most hated coach of all.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ditka - not giving the ball to Payton to score in the Superbowl - gave it to the Fridge instead.
Rex Ryan. Shut up already.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I'm sorry, and I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion....I can't stand Tony Dungy. I can't stand that holier than thou attitude. Stop mentoring troubled players already! No one cares man!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, and I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion....I can't stand Tony Dungy. I can't stand that holier than thou attitude. Stop mentoring troubled players already! No one cares man!
I don't hate Dungy but I hate that he supports Michael "Dog Killer" Vick and was so offended by Rex Ryan's swearing that he had to share that. Its football not a preschool.

For coaches I hate, it would be Belicheck for cheating.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Ditka.

I don't have to mention the way he was a total ****** bag to fans in the stands do I?
Hope you don't mind if I do Bogart.
The following has some meaning to me since I was sort of a witness to the infamous act and what you mentioned brings up memories.

There was an incident where he threw his *** of gum into the 49er stands.
It was made into quite a big deal with, I think, a lawsuit threat.
It was during a 49ers game and since I was living in SF at the time, I remember reading about it in the papers.
You can read about it here, though I read about it in an SF paper.
SPORTS OF THE TIMES - SPORTS OF THE TIMES - ICE, GUM AND HAMSTRINGS - NYTimes.com
In California, It`s A Sticky Situation - Chicago Tribune

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Hope you don't mind if I do Bogart.
The following has some meaning to me since I was sort of a witness to the infamous act and what you mentioned brings up memories.

There was an incident where he threw his *** of gum into the 49er stands.
It was made into quite a big deal with, I think, a lawsuit threat.
It was during a 49ers game and since I was living in SF at the time, I remember reading about it in the papers.
You can read about it here, though I read about it in an SF paper.
SPORTS OF THE TIMES - SPORTS OF THE TIMES - ICE, GUM AND HAMSTRINGS - NYTimes.com
In California, It`s A Sticky Situation - Chicago Tribune

I forgot about that specific incident, forgive me.

When he was coach for the Saints I remember a particular game in which he flipped fans off in the superdome and grabbed his lower area right in front of the fans. They didn't just hate him for losing in N.O.. He treated the fans like crap there too.

He's an OK analysis on ESPN, but the way he treated fans I can never like him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Childress comes to mind. I eventually learned to like him, because he was in MN doing a terrible job and blowing everything apart, but that guy isn't worth the **** I take in the morning. He is simply a putrid human being, a liar and a coward.

And Josh McDaniels. Ugh. What a *********. The guy had never done it before but acted like he was the best thing since sliced bread. All the Bill Bellichick smugness without any of the achievements.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot about that specific incident, forgive me.

When he was coach for the Saints I remember a particular game in which he flipped fans off in the superdome and grabbed his lower area right in front of the fans. They didn't just hate him for losing in N.O.. He treated the fans like crap there too.

He's an OK analysis on ESPN, but the way he treated fans I can never like him.
And then I got a book called "Letters from a Nut." It's a good read if you like humorous books.
This prankster writes outrageous crazy letters to various businesses making the most bizarre requests and suggestions which they always turn down.
Anyway, in the follow up, "More Letters from a Nut," he writes to Mike Ditka claiming he knows him or met him. Sends him a rubber spatula to sign and return, and he did!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ditka as well. Then I'd say Jimmy Johnson; arrogant, rude coach who seemed to shrug off criminal activities of his players. He took that organization way down from the class act of Landry. Belichek, because I'm not sure he still isn't cheating.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't like Ditka back when he coached the bearss. I like him now though.
I think that since he doesn't have the stress of coaching anymore he has mellowed out. And he'll say good things about the Packers because he has to.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think that since he doesn't have the stress of coaching anymore he has mellowed out. And he'll say good things about the Packers because he has to.

I get this image in my head thinking of him coaching the Bears

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You know you gotta love that! Hahahahahahahahahahaha

:chisux:

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score

hahah... this is so gonna be so unpopular.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get this image in my head thinking of him coaching the Bears

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You know you gotta love that! Hahahahahahahahahahaha

:chisux:

Hate bears but the superfans is hilarious. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa bears da bears da bears da bears da bears da bears da bears...

Members online

Latest posts