White, Davis, KGB: Who's top pass rusher?

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Whether by defensive backs coming off the edge or zone blitzes with lineman fading into coverage, defensive schemes have evolved to create constant pressure on passers, but special are the players...

Source: Packers.com

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a great list of Packer pass rushers there. I only wish they would have kept track of sacks before '82.One can only wonder how many total sacks Ezra Johnson and Willie Davis had.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Croak, for years, I thought Willie Davis was the best Defensive End I had ever seen play...and then I saw Reggie White.

Sorry Willie, I luv ya man, but IMHO, Reggie is a bit stronger and better.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree White, then davis, then KGB.. but KGB should get more love than he does. great player.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Can't argue with anything that anyone here has said. The Minister of Defense was truly a force with which to be reckoned.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I think of an all time best past rusher, I can't go against Reggie White. He is my all time favorite for a very good reason. He is undeniably the best past rusher I have ever seen grace that football field. Watching him was pure magic, it's what drew me into football. There are players who merely play the game and then there are players you can't take your eyes off when they play. They play with such passion, Reggie was one of those guys. He had so many weapons in his arsenal, I can only imagine how hard it must of been for opposing offensive lines to game plan against him. Such unpredictability.

The Packers are really blessed in having a run of incredibly dynamic pass rushers. Legends of the past, such as Reggie, and currently, Clay Matthews himself. 10 or 15 years from now, we are going to have to add his name to the list of all time greatest past rushers. How blessed we are, Packers fans! :)

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Reggie White! I rewatched my VHS tape recording of Super Bowl XXXI, around when Reggie sacked Bledsoe twice, he absolutely clobbered the guard who was foolish enough to block him on his second consecutive sack. The best way to describe him is a walking talking bulldozer who blasts through brick wall O-lines and crushes quarterbacks like beetles. Class act, too, and a natural-born leader.

When I think of an all time best past rusher, I can't go against Reggie White. He is my all time favorite for a very good reason. He is undeniably the best past rusher I have ever seen grace that football field. Watching him was pure magic, it's what drew me into football. There are players who merely play the game and then there are players you can't take your eyes off when they play. They play with such passion, Reggie was one of those guys. He had so many weapons in his arsenal, I can only imagine how hard it must of been for opposing offensive lines to game plan against him. Such unpredictability.

The Packers are really blessed in having a run of incredibly dynamic pass rushers. Legends of the past, such as Reggie, and currently, Clay Matthews himself. 10 or 15 years from now, we are going to have to add his name to the list of all time greatest past rushers. How blessed we are, Packers fans! :smile:

Reggie White used to play for the Philadelphia Eagles, right? Since you're a former Eagles fan, did you watch him in an Eagles Jersey when you rooted for them?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Reggie White! I rewatched my VHS tape recording of Super Bowl XXXI, around when Reggie sacked Bledsoe twice, he absolutely clobbered the guard who was foolish enough to block him on his second consecutive sack. The best way to describe him is a walking talking bulldozer who blasts through brick wall O-lines and crushes quarterbacks like beetles. Class act, too, and a natural-born leader.

Reggie White used to play for the Philadelphia Eagles, right? Since you're a former Eagles fan, did you watch him in an Eagles Jersey when you rooted for them?

Indeed I was. I started watching the Eagles because of Reggie and simply followed him to the Packers, where I fell in love with the Pack and the fan base. I remained an Eagle fan until very recently. I was mainly an Eagles fan due to location, I grew up in the Philly area and a lot of my family are from south Philly. But it's with the Packers where I truly feel at home. If God led Reggie here, than He led me as well.

Members online

Latest posts