Which Packer would you feel best for if we won this Super Bowl?

Who would you be the MOST happy for if we win the Super Bowl

• Charles Woodson

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Donald Driver

Votes: 47 66.2%
  • Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other, who, and why?

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Awwww Donald...If you ever look at these boards, I'm so sorry I didn't automatically click you! LOL!!!

Well to be fair I wanted an option for "all of the above" :D

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Of course I voted for "The Don" but you can't feel bad about the CWood story. It would be such a great story for all these guys who battled through this season.
"The Departed" would get SB rings. It might set a record for number of rings ever ordered.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Donald has less time left than I thought. He only came into the league 6 seasons before Aaron.. how is DD so much older?

So the push is GET DONALD A RING!

Reading his bio information, he finished up his college football eligibility and then stayed in school winning many awards in track and field. His high jumping 7'6" was world class and would have qualified for the 2000 Olympics. I have his jersey so sure get DD a ring. There are a number of other players I met in Green Bay that won't be around next year ---push is Get all the boys a ring! (I can call them boys because I'm 65...LOL)

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My answer is Donald too, but your answer there is the best of all and I actually agree 100%.
I can't stand the FavreFruitties
who think he brought us the one Super Bowl. That was Reggie. Favre threw away 2 or 3 other chances, as he did in Minny last year.
I really want Rodgers to get 2 so badly so we can say Rodgers was twice as good as Favre.

I knew this would be a hard choice for most of you!
But there are no wrong answers. Just tough choices!

Great (yours) and not so great (mine) minds think alike. I was having "friendly" chat with some Eagle fans today and I thanked them for letting us have Reggie because I don't think we would have won that super bowl without him ( and the other players that came because he was here).

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I went with DD. He is exactly the kind of player that, to me, show-cases all the attributes that I look for in my heroes: Humble, hard-working, and a team-first mentality.

Of course, one could say the same thing about both Woodson and Rodgers so I guess I should have voted for them all. And, if you look over the years, the best Packer players have all had these same characteristics.

That's part of the reason the Packers are so well loved, I guess.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am actually surprised at the results..

Just goes to show that even though Rodgers is very good we care more for Driver

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are insane if you don't say DD. Been with us for 12 season now and is with no doubt, one of the best receivers we have had. He has done so much for us, it is time the team steps up and gets him that ring. Well not just for him, but for all the other guys that have been on the team showing their dedication. Really, got to be happy for the whole Packer nation. You just can't be happy for one guy because we are all in this together.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are insane if you don't say DD. Been with us for 12 season now and is with no doubt, one of the best receivers we have had. He has done so much for us, it is time the team steps up and gets him that ring. Well not just for him, but for all the other guys that have been on the team showing their dedication. Really, got to be happy for the whole Packer nation. You just can't be happy for one guy because we are all in this together.

I know DD has been here a long time, but has anyone gone through more than Arod?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is actually a great point. If he kicked the game winning FG in the super bowl, I would be darn happy for Crosby. It sure would help his confidence and would be better for the team overall.

If he missed it though...oh man...

Very good point indeed! I think this is going to be a very close game, winner by 3 pts. This game could very well come down to Crosby.

As for the DD and Aaron SB happy, the reason I picked DD (add Woodson too) is because they are running out of time. DD has 12 years with us, I'd love to see him retire with a SB ring. Aaron has many many years to collect multiple SBs.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I know DD has been here a long time, but has anyone gone through more than Arod?
Personally or professionally?
I think DD has been through more personal. He was homeless as a kid.
I think fans connect with those kind of guys more, had nothing, rose to the big times.
Also, Kitten nailed it, we all recognize those older guys don't have alot of time to wait for another three/four years.
Reggie's ring was so gratifying after missing it those years in Philly. I think we all expected more for Brent.
Truth be told, I'm getting older too, so the sooner we have another Lombardi home the better for me...
and I just realized, I'd be most happy for the fans of the Green Bay Packers.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
aww you guys have puuhlenty of time for us to get several more SB rings!!
ahhh the power of postivitaaaaaaaay!:dance:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players? Can't pick just one so all of 'em.
Coaches? Dom Capers.
McCarthy wouldn't deserve it after the roller coaster he's been putting us through.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any of the older players--DD, Clifton, Woodson, Tauscher--I'd be happiest for if we were to win this year. The younger guys have another 5 years to do it again.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I posted this 3 weeks ago.... someone thought I jumped the gun there, but I had faith!

We've seen a lot of new fans roll in here since this thread was on page 1, so let's get some new votes in here.

We love all our guys, but I think it's safe to say:

EVERYBODY LOVES DONALD

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has to be Donald Driver. Came from nothing to get himself where he is and is a VERY loyal Packer. Is, was, and always will be, by far my favorite Packer.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like you all said hard to pick just one person,for me the reason is that game against the giants,what a heart breaker,then last year now it is their time I chose D.D. because I think he felt it the most in the giants game,and now they all have a huge chance to get to their dream.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted for Rodgers. He is the heart and soul of this team and we rise and fall by his arm. That is no knock on driver because like it has been stated before DD has been everything a Packers player should be. The man has put his heart and soul in our franchise and after we win this game i want to see him cry like a baby! :) But i voted for Rodgers because the man went through more crap than any other QB has ever had to. Think about this: if the man wins two Super Bowls he will always be compared to Favre, fairly or unfairly. His legacy will be "A great QB for the Packers - And the one who followed Brett Favre". He will never escape it, so I want his rings to start early and come often. GO PACK GO!

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Drive he's close to retiring and nothing more would be meaningful than for him to retire with a ring and retiring as a Packer.

I'd also say John Kuhn for some reason cause he was on the Steelers practice squad when they won in 2005, but this time he'll be playing in the real thing not watching from the sidelines.

Rodgers, so maybe people will stop comparing him to Favre.
They will once he wins two more than Favre did.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
This was very hard for me to decide. I love all 3 a ton and would be thrilled to see them win one together.

But I picked Aaron. Not only did he go through hell from the fans, media, and from brett but he was a class act the whole time. Oh and so I could torment the "favre fans" that Rodgers has just as many SBs.

I might be happiest for Ted Thompson. Would love to see him get up at fan fest and just say "told ya so"

If we win Im changing my tag line to "In Ted we trust"

I had a hard time deciding (mostly going between Wood and DD), but in the end I voted for Driver...but can we get a Super Bowl MVP for our quarterback?

You make a good case for him.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is absolutely no questioning my answer, it's Driver. He's been loyal to the Packers; he's been ole reliable for us for so long and continues to try his hardest. He does so much for the fans and teaches the younger players how to play better. He wants this so badly; I'd love to see him get 80+ yards and a touchdown in this superbowl.

Personally, I like Woodson more, but Driver has been a Packer backer since he came into the NFL and has been loyal to us since.

Members online

Latest posts