which one do you think hurt more?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which loss do you think hurt a fanbase worse, the game yesterday for bears fans or the game against the saints last year for the vikings?

I REALLY am enjoying reading the bears forums. They are going crazy and its great. :chisux:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, that's a good question.

I'm gonna be an outsider and probably one of the few to suggest Vikings loss.

They hate Favre for years. Then they get him. He beats the Pack both times. Has a great year, the best according to him.
Then he blows it. So I think that climax had to hurt. No one, except us Packers fans, could see that coming.
At least with da Bears, they trailed the whole time so that was probably easier to take.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Bears - It was the HALAS trophy named after their coach, and beat by their rivals. I can't side with the Vikings on this one because we been through it and got over it. They can too. Having the *insert whatever a Bears fans feel like insulting Packers fans with* beat them at their home, after they tried to set up the mood trumps the Saints/Vikings game. Lovie felt like he could take control of the game by putting his defense out there first and they failed. It was similar in fashion of the Packers onside kick in the Patriots game of controlling the game from the start, and failed. Packers had control of the game, and every time the Bears got a glimmer of hope they lost it. Must more defeating.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got a link to a good forum? I'm always down to check out a good melt down.

As for which loss hurts which fan base more, I think it has to be the Vikings loss. They had one hell of a charmed season and saw it as their opportunity to finally get the elusive Lombardi. And it failed. And they still talk about that game today, a year later. They still whine about the penalties, still think the refs screwed them and still think they had the better team, despite turning the ball over 6 times.

I mean, really, for the Vikings, last year was it. It was *the* year for the Vikings to finally get over the hurdle. It was seen as their best shot in franchise history to bring the trophy to their place, and to top it off, they would have been able to do it with their most hated rivals former hero. Talk about icing on the cake!

But they failed, and as a Packer fan, nothing brought me more joy than seeing Tracy Porter make that pick, only to cap it off with a nice mocking of Jared Allen. I whooped for joy when Garrett Hartley made the game winning field goal in overtime to seal the deal.

This loss for the Bears stings to be sure. It was for all the marbles, to be considered the best in the NFC and for a trip to the Super Bowl. It was also for the right to brag for the next 20 years.

That said, both fanbases know this game could have gone either way. These two teams are always tough outs for one another. This is also a rivalry built on mutual respect, outside of the fans anyway.

The Bears fans will recover, probably sooner rather than later. I don't know if that's true for Vikings fans, as they're still railing on last year's loss.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got a link to a good forum? I'm always down to check out a good melt down.

As for which loss hurts which fan base more, I think it has to be the Vikings loss. They had one hell of a charmed season and saw it as their opportunity to finally get the elusive Lombardi. And it failed. And they still talk about that game today, a year later. They still whine about the penalties, still think the refs screwed them and still think they had the better team, despite turning the ball over 6 times.

I mean, really, for the Vikings, last year was it. It was *the* year for the Vikings to finally get over the hurdle. It was seen as their best shot in franchise history to bring the trophy to their place, and to top it off, they would have been able to do it with their most hated rivals former hero. Talk about icing on the cake!

But they failed, and as a Packer fan, nothing brought me more joy than seeing Tracy Porter make that pick, only to cap it off with a nice mocking of Jared Allen. I whooped for joy when Garrett Hartley made the game winning field goal in overtime to seal the deal.

This loss for the Bears stings to be sure. It was for all the marbles, to be considered the best in the NFC and for a trip to the Super Bowl. It was also for the right to brag for the next 20 years.

That said, both fanbases know this game could have gone either way. These two teams are always tough outs for one another. This is also a rivalry built on mutual respect, outside of the fans anyway.

The Bears fans will recover, probably sooner rather than later. I don't know if that's true for Vikings fans, as they're still railing on last year's loss.

Go to the ESPN Bears board. The Chicago fans there are clueless to begin with and are whining it up big time.

Got to say this one is killing Bears fans eveywhere.........and I'm lovin it.

:chisux:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think Vikings. Never won a SB whereas the Bears still have their 85 championship season to fall back on. To get soo close and then have the carpet yanked has to leave another mark on Viking fans.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that would have been packers vikings last year instead of Vikings Saints it would be no question.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears, although it would have been much more enjoyable if we beat the Vikings to get into the superbowl. Have more respect for the Bears in general than the Vikings, and this was before the Favre fiasco.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I think the vikings game overall...but the loss for bears fans has to be just as bad....they know were gonna have this game to brag about for the next 20-30 years if not forever. It also hurts for bears fans to realize they could've eliminated us form even making the playoffs! Now just imagine if we win the Super Bowl (which we will)...that will kill bears fans.

Reaction score
I'm going to go with the Vikings game. They take a legend from the Packers, who has one heck of a season, only to lose the same way the Packers did in 07, minus all the AP fumbles. Those people are still saying they got screwed by the refs so it must really hurt to have that happen.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man, I would have to say the bears lost. Cutler gave up on his team dude. I think if cutler had stayed in this game would have been a blow out i dont think the bears would have scored. The game plan the capers had for cutler was absolutley perfection. I think cutler felt that he couldnt do anything in this game and gave up.

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
immediately after the game and long term has to be the bears. They lose to their bitter rivals in their own stadium to lose their chance at the Superbowl and watch us hoist the trophy named after their coach. Plus the fiasco that followed with cutler and whatever.

As for the "medium" term (3-5 years) it could be the vikings. They thought they were set and to see that team come crashing down this year and their major flaws be exposed has to hurt. It has to scare them that not only did they blow their chance, but they followed it up by finishing below the Detroit Lions in the standings, and it is not unreasonable to think that the same will happen next year.

But like I said, long term it's the bears. Too much significance from this game. The vikes will eventually have another good team to make them forget about it... but the Pack/Bears rivalry is historic and this will be discussed until the next playoff meeting (could be another 70 years).

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thread and good question!

I'm going to go with the Vikings because you are not just talking about the Viking fan base but Favre's as well. If you consider that to be Favre's last legitimate run at a SB, the loss is twice devastating. To add insult to injury, the Saints went on to win the SB.

The Bears loss also hurt. I think in many ways they thought they were better than they were and they found out the hard way. All the smack they talked, all the hype going into the game, and we just beat them on their own field and took their ex coaches trophy home as war prize.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Thinking of the after affects of the two games. I still have to say Bears.

Yes all the drama of the Vikings is up there, but hey its deja vu for Favre fans. You kind of get the feeling "WTF didn't he learn his lesson a few years ago." YET the Vikings keep him, unlike the Packers.

Lovie came in and said his goal was to beat the Packers. When they had the chance to give us the final blow to our season, they failed. Then when the win or go home game came for the both of us, their QB quit, their second QB was **** and it was their third QB who was the hero, yet like Flynn proved in his match up with the Patriots (Which was like a playoff game intensity wise) his lack of game time proved fatal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts