Which "longshot" players do you hope make the roster?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
My two I hope make the team....

Paul Thompson, QB, Oklahoma ... I just see so much potential in this kid... leadership skills are there, athletic, fast and a decent arm. A project but one worth developing I think.

and

DeVon Hicks, DE, Northwest Mississippi (Kid just seems like a good kid, I don't think he will make it but hope he grabs onto the Practice squad here)

http://www.fightforthefans.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=19&Itemid=68

What’s up everyone this is the new word from OTA’s!

Everything up here is going well and everyday I am trying to get out and see more and more of the city. The city is really nice although I STILL haven’t seen all of it, we get shuttled around to check out all of the eateries and things like that in town which has been a real nice experience.

I am staying in the Wingate Inn with my roommate, and it’s a really, really nice place. My roommate and I are on a “professional” level right now there really isn’t a lot of in-depth conversation because we are so busy with football and when we get back we just rest, but he is a really nice guy. The days aren’t that long right now, but when training camp actually starts we’ll be putting in ten hour days! Other than my roommate I have become friends with a lot of rookies and Ryan Pickett who is from my area and I have spoken with Al Harris a few times, my JUCO coach knows him pretty well and we have just been talking about him a lot and getting to know each other some.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well i think he has a better shot than the two guys you mentioned. but i think David Clowney is my guy. Hes fast, makes some circus catches and hes a hokie.

theres quite a few WRs on the roster now and he could very likely get cut. but i think his speed is something we could use often in a 4 wr set.

also i like paul thompson and hope he makes the cut. but i think that Baab kid is doing better in practice. and that would leave us with Favre, Rodgers, Martin, Baab. no way we go into the season with more than 4 QBs on the roster. maybe not even 4 i wouldnt mind thompson on the practice squad. and martin had a rough camp... i like ingle but as a 3rd stringer how much time does he get before we make room for more "potential"

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arliss Beach...power runner who flashed before injury last year.

David Clowney...our next Robert Brooks...small, but tough as **** with loads of speed.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, it's tough to pick just one or two. Korey Hall because he uses every little bit of talent he has ALL the time. He is fearless. Rouse because of his hard life in the past. Clowney because of his much needed speed. Jackson and Jones because of our needs there. And all the rest because they are ours!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Korey Hall is gonna be my D-Mart this year I reckon, I have high hopes for him :)

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If I had to guess.... my opinion is that Bishop will become a better pro than Hall will... Bishop was a flat out baller at Cal... Smart and instinctive on the field..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts