Which Lambeau expansion plans

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Are any of you season ticket holders who will get to vote in the survey on possible expansion plans for the south end of Lambeau? Which do you prefer?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That South end zone is the holiest of ground in Lambeau.

Remember this little play?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get a vote, but I'm not so into the seatback/armrest idea. You don't go to Lambeau to sit in your comfy seat - you go to stand up and scream the entire game! It's not a game if your butt doesn't freeze to the metal bleacher seats.

Other than that, anything that increases the seating capacity (that actually works, unlike the Dallas debacle) and gives more fans the opportunity to actually see a game is fine by me. :)

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's economically feasible and profitable for the city and team, why not?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO add seats and build a hotel – perhaps connected to the stadium via walkway. As we all know, the Packers don't have a deep-pocket owner but have to compete with teams that do, so whatever makes the most sense to keep the Packers financially viable going forward.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that's a good idea in theory, but where would they expand to build a hotel connected to the stadium without eliminating stadium parking (or residences. Goodbye Ashwaubenon)?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could pay for it, hell...you could reduce the national debt in a hurry by asking each fan to donate a nickle for the chance to kick Jane Cutler right in the *** at the 50 yard line for a halftime show.

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
You could pay for it, hell...you could reduce the national debt in a hurry by asking each fan to donate a nickle for the chance to kick Jane Cutler right in the *** at the 50 yard line for a halftime show.

Can you imagine how long that halftime show would have to last?!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If the Packers built a hotel on grounds I'll be relocating to GB. Though I doubt it. I think we should do what the Iggle's owners want to do and make it a little more greener, add a few wind turbines to it, add some seats, and how about improving how to get there.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think that's a good idea in theory, but where would they expand to build a hotel connected to the stadium without eliminating stadium parking (or residences. Goodbye Ashwaubenon)?
Parking could be added under a hotel and a parking structure or two could also be built. Honestly I don't know how much parking would be sacrificed by the footprint of a hotel, but I don’t see that as a big problem. OTOH, imagine the packages the Packers could put together with tours of the Packers’ HOF and Lambeau year 'round. They could also put together deals during the off season as they add more non-football events to Lambeau. The advantage of a hotel is they don’t share this revenue with the rest of the league.

With a season ticket waiting list several miles long I think it makes all kinds of sense to add seats. Mostly for season ticket holders but if they go ahead with the hotel, they could reserve some seats for those who stay in the hotel over the game weekend. No matter how they proceed, I would hope they do so with regard to maximizing “profits” (or since they’re a non-profit continuing to increase their cash reserves) as they don’t have an owner who can use profits from other businesses.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score

I believe that the packers bought 20 or so blocks behind the stadium where shopko biglots and some other places sit. I believe they want to build something like the patriots have and they could also build a hotel on that there would still be plenty enough parking.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know they owned that space... and that much of it! Get rid of K-Mart and build there. Sounds good to me! How far do they own, then? Does it expand to where the Copps, Margaritas, Red Lobster is etc? This is all news to me!

Members online

Latest posts