Which is a bigger need?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
Zero2Cool said:
MidwestFavreFan said:
My :twocents: . Id like to see Thompson draft a BIG Gilbert Brown type DT

In the later rounds of course. DL is the least position we need help with unless you're talking about someone to take KGB's spot.

I have just always liked the big DT. (Gilbert Brown/Grady Jackson) type to plug up the middle.

Pickett is your fav then?

No, I'm talking 340-350lb.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
dhpackr said:
porky88 said:
dhpackr said:
Packersfan43084 said:
What say you?

I say we get an impact player on offence

Smith won't go in the top 10 and GB will be picking in the top 10. Maybe in round 2 though since that's where he's likely going to go.

Jarret or Peterson would be great. I like Troy Smith b/c he is a big strong mobile QB. He is a great leader, plays great in big games, and he has a awesome attitude. he is definetly packer material. TT may trade down, select Troy, and pick up some extra pics in latter rounds.

I think GB is better off picking in the top 10 and maybe using their 2nd round pick and moving up to late round 1 and taking him if they really like him.

Smith isn't big. He's small (6 foot maybe) and that's his biggest problem. His arm strength is in question as well. Throws a nice ball but not always the most accurate

Troy's size is 6' 1 215, but he seems pretty strong. and i read he has great arm strenth and is extremly accurate.

Two first round pics would be wonderful, but TT never trades up.
We got 4 games left, one against Minn, one against Detroit, one against the 49ers. I believe we can win all three of these, esp. Detroit and the Vikes. The bears may lay down, and before you know it we are 8-8, and picking between 10-20 in the ffirst round.

Many coaches and players jobs are on the line, so hopefully the team comes together and plays hard the rest of the season. 7-9 is a real possibility.

#4 has always owned the 49ers, so a victory is a possibility Sunday.

Troy Smith is not 6'1" Ohio State lists him at 6'1" but every scout knows he's lucky to be 6 foot. Again Roy Williams 6'4" in college and drops to 6'2" in the NFL. The NFL doesn't make you look bigger. They put your actual height and weight. Every college lists you more than what you really are. It's like the well known rule of scouting. Rarely do players height and weight in the NFL match their listed college height and weight.

He's only about 215 which is not very big at all. He needs to gain at least 5 to 10 pounds. Every QB looks big and strong in college. Brad Smith for example. He's a WR now. DJ Shockley from Georgia looked good in the SEC and I think he actually got cut. None of them are as good as Smith but they are all similar in his size. He won't be able to scramble in the NFL like he does in college. He isn't as big or fast as VY. He's not as elusive as Mike Vick.

Packers will be lucky to win 2 more games. Maybe they beat the Lions and Vikings but I see them only taking one and I'm starting to think Dallas is going to catch Chicago and make that last game something to play for.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson is a BPA drafter, go with Calvin Johnson if he's on the board, I think he's a once every few years talent, or maybe we cash in on a team really willing to trade up

other than that here's who I like, in order

-DT Alan Branch, Michigan
-CB Marcus McCauley, Fresno State
-S Laron Landry, LSU
Gaines Adams, Clemson/Quentin Moses, Georgia--Both are DT's, I don't know if i'm sold on either of them, they're both pass rushers who weigh in the 260 range, both are great athletes but they could prove to be KGB types who dont do a thing against the run

Alan Branch is the blob in the middle of the line that we've been missing since gilbert left his prime, I like him at this point, you CAN'T COACH SIZE

Members online

Latest posts