Which day?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
How is the day the Packers game determined?

I thought the 1 seeds played on Sunday, but I noticed Seattle in '05 was a 1 seed an played Saturday.

How are the dates figured or is it just by what the TV people want?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought the 1 seeds played on Sunday, but I noticed Seattle in '05 was a 1 seed an played Saturday.

I have a feeling it's what the people in TV want. They generate a lot of revenue for the NFL, and after all, the NFL is a business, like it or not.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the more interesting or bigger matchup will be played on Sunday's. thats how the people do it.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I have a feeling it's what the people in TV want. They generate a lot of revenue for the NFL, and after all, the NFL is a business, like it or not.

The NFL makes the decision, at their whim.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This following article appeared in to day's Friday,12/28 GB Press-Gazette .Posted December 28, 2007

"Packers guaranteed a day game for divisional playoff"

By Tony Walter
[email protected]

The Green Bay Packers won't know who their playoff opponent will be until the wild-card weekend games are completed on Jan. 6. But they know they won't be playing at Lambeau Field on Saturday night, Jan. 12.

National Football League officials confirmed Thursday that the Fox network, which will televise the two NFC divisional playoff games, will air the 3:30 p.m. game on Saturday, with CBS televising an AFC divisional playoff game at 7 p.m. The Packers are in the NFC.

The Sunday, Jan. 13, games will begin at noon and 3:30 p.m., but no decision has been made on which network will get the early game. The Packers will play at 3:30 p.m. Jan. 12 or at noon or 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 13, at Lambeau Field.

League officials say competitive equity will be a key factor in assigning the games, so a team that plays a Jan. 6, wild-card game doesn't necessarily have to play a divisional playoff game the following Saturday. The divisional playoff schedule will be announced after the last wild-card game ends Jan. 6.

The Packers' playoff opponent will be Seattle, Tampa Bay or the New York Giants.

The NFC Championship Game on Jan. 20 will begin at 5:30 p.m., league officials said. The AFC Championship Game will begin at 2 p.m.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the article is right. I've heard that the game times are decided mostly by which games will get the biggest audiences. If that's the case, I think the Packers will get one of the early games. Saturday night will be either the New England or Indianapolis game, and the late game on Sunday will most likely be the one at Dallas.

I hope I'm right, because I'm going to the game, and I will have a long drive home afterwards.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I think the article is right. I've heard that the game times are decided mostly by which games will get the biggest audiences. If that's the case, I think the Packers will get one of the early games. Saturday night will be either the New England or Indianapolis game, and the late game on Sunday will most likely be the one at Dallas.

I hope I'm right, because I'm going to the game, and I will have a long drive home afterwards.
If it's a win for us, the drive won't seem so long!

Members online

Latest posts