Where will the offense and defense rank this year?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last two seasons, we have ranked 22nd both years in scoring, after we were ranked 5th in 2004. Granted, the defense hasn't helped, ranked 19th in scoring defense in 2005, and regressed to 25th last year.

I can see the defense improving this year, but with a rookie running back, fullback, and with two tight ends on the roster that combined for 35 catches last year, I'm wondering where the points are going to come from.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think that our defense will rank in the top 5. Not sure about our offense, I do believe that our offense will improve over last year being most of these guys have a year working together under their belts..

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think that our defense will rank in the top 5. Not sure about our offense, I do believe that our offense will improve over last year being most of these guys have a year working together under their belts..

The offensively challenged NFC North will assure the Packers of a top 5 defense. I don't think to highly of their offense though. Maybe top 20, if they have a good season.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both units play off of one another. If the O is constantly going 3 and out, the defense no matter how good, will be worn out by week 5. The same holds true if the defense does not get its share of 3 and outs and turnovers. The special teams also play a role determining field position.

As it stands now, I would have to say defense # 7 +/- 3
Offense #20 +/- 3
Special Teams #22 +/- 3

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just want to avoid that misleading #1 against the pass ranking - - which means that you are out of every game and the other team is running out the clock.

The defense has potential to be special -- as long as the offense does not turn the ball over and lets them rest.

I think the offense will be better than everyone expects. Maybe not a top 10 offense but able to manage the clock enough to allow the defense to carry the team -- just like those great defensive SuperBowl teams. Remember Defense wins championships.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident our defense will crack the top 10 quite easily, although top 5 may be a stretch, we have the potential too though quite easily. Offense looks decent though, probably will be border lined in the top 15-20 area more then likely.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see some real thoughts put into this thread!
I can see our D in the top 10.
And if Favre has time in the pocket, the west coast offense can make up for a lacking running game, and can set up the run quite nicely. Bubba looks back to form, and if Driver is ok (I'm not sure if he is healthy yet) and Jennings when given the chance has shown he is for real. Jones also has really looked good in the preseason. I see our WR position as a real "gravy train" for Favre this year! If you can pick up 5 or 6 yards on a short pass instead of a run, who cares? Getting the yards is what matters. And if you burn a D a few times with that short pass, it opens up the run.

I see our O as coming in around 12th this year. (Yes, i dream big!)
The Bears made it to the SB last year with a solid D, and "Wrecks" Grossman at the helm. Can't we do that same with Brett Favre behind center? I really thing we can! Especially if the WR's (and Bubba) do like i think they will!
Yes......I'm a "Homer!" But so what??? :lol:

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see some real thoughts put into this thread!
I can see our D in the top 10.
The Bears made it to the SB last year with a solid D, and "Wrecks" Grossman at the helm. Can't we do that same with Brett Favre behind center? I really thing we can! Especially if the WR's (and Bubba) do like i think they will!
Yes......I'm a "Homer!" But so what??? :lol:

Yes, if the Bears made it with Wrecks Grossman the Pack could just as easily make it with Favre. Wrecks sucks, and Favre was great and still can make the highlight films.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our defense will be top 10 for sure, but our young inexperienced offense will not be even in the top twenty. If the O-line can give Favre as much time as they have so far this preseason it could be better, but fact is the Pack is gonna have to lean on their D to win ball games this season. And a key factor is injuries. We stay healthy, we win the NFC North. :joy:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers "D" should be ranked 5th just ahead of the Raiders "D" at 6th in the NFL.

The "O" ranking will be determined by the QB.

If Brett plays the whole year with out an injury the Packers should rank about 22nd in the N.F.L..

If A-Rodge gets enough snaps in just 5 of those games, then the offense wiill rank about 17th in total in NFL stats.

Staff online

Members online