Where was the D ?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am serious here, pre season or no pre season, even the second string QB cut through us like Swiss Cheese ( No Pun Intended ). Thank the Lord the game got called because I would have hated to see the final score the way we were playing.

Look, I am ranting and this is not regular season but who else is concerned with this situation CONSIDERING how good our D was supposed to be this year ?

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everyone thinks the packers will be great week one and they also think they will have a good season.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
everyone thinks the packers will be great week one and they also think they will have a good season.

I do appreciate your positive outlook umair but after seeing that many points allowed I would find it hard to believe you have no concerns !!!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was being Sarcastic.

but everyone has this hope that the packers will be a great team for some reason.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ANOTHER TD ITS NOW 47 to 17!!!!

this is sad, very sad. their just scoring td after td.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, cancel the regular season, the packers lost in the preseason.

Good thing you didn't make that rule for the Colts last season...they were 0-4.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think you are right for once.

we should save the embarencement (spelling mistake) for next year

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, cancel the regular season, the packers lost in the preseason.

Yep, thats what we're saying. Way to add to the topic.

I am concerned Winnie. This Defense looked bad. Trying to blame the scheme is blowing smoke up you ***. These guys did not make plays, they missed tackles and were slow getting to the ball. They were pretty much lost. This was supposed to be the strength of our team and it looked awful, but don't worry it's only pre-season.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where was the O as well?

The Bengals started off with great field position and the next thing you new it was 17-0. So the offense didn't help the defense at all.

With that said the only defensive player that played well tonight was Al Harris. Hawk was around the ball but seemed like he couldn't finish the play. The Pass rush was ok. Sure we got in there and pushed around Palmer but we didn't really do anything. KGB looked himself against the run. Kampman was average. Pickett got stuck up. Corey Williams, Cullen Jenkins, and Colin Cole were below average. Nick Barnett definately didn't look like that Pro Bowl LB we were hoping for and Ben Taylor was just lost. Collins I'll give average. Woodson was just awful and Manuel was as bad as it gets. So I hope this is a learning experience for them. You got you buts whooped on Monday Night. National TV. Use it for motivation if anything.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really the most troubling thing about the team at this point: how can the first-team defense be this bad?

This is Jim Bates defense which was among the best in the league last year, rush defense aside. Returning was the nucleus of that team, with Pickett in for Grady, Taylor for Diggs, Hawk for Thomas, Manuel and Woodson upgrades.

They were totally outmatched.

Regardless of the offensive output, the defense could have helped. But they were blown off the ball, a step slow, and the tackling was among the most putrid I've seen since the days of Ray Rhodes.

What in the hell have they been practicing for a month? How to pose for the media guide?

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D-line looked like crap (exception Jenkins)

I saw or heard nothing at all from Kampman and Pickett. I do remember KGB dropping in pass coverage on 3rd and long and completely blowing a bunny tackle that gave up a first down. There was little pressure on Palmer.

Linebackers .

Hawk looked decent. He seemed to be around the ball a lot. He's going to be a good one. Barnett looked ok in run support, terrible in coverage (as usual).

Defensive backs

Ugh !!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
It's really the most troubling thing about the team at this point: how can the first-team defense be this bad?

This is Jim Bates defense which was among the best in the league last year, rush defense aside. Returning was the nucleus of that team, with Pickett in for Grady, Taylor for Diggs, Hawk for Thomas, Manuel and Woodson upgrades.

Regardless of the offensive output, the defense could have helped. But they were blown off the ball, a step slow, and the tackling was among the most putrid I've seen since the days of Ray Rhodes.

What in the hell have they been practicing for a month? How to pose for the media guide?

100% correct. The defense really scares me at this point.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:

What you are seeing is the real D from last year......they weren't as good as their stat's. As soon as we start accepting that the better off we'll be.

We can't stop the pass........I would never run the ball against us. No pressure, no coverage, no tackling...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:
net said:

What you are seeing is the real D from last year......they weren't as good as their stat's. As soon as we start accepting that the better off we'll be.

We can't stop the pass........I would never run the ball against us. No pressure, no coverage, no tackling...

But it's with different players. You know....all the "upgrades" that TT made in talent. Pickett, Hawk, Ben Taylor (I think he played), Woodson, Manuel. Half the starters Were "upgrades".

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
krd005 said:
net said:

But it's with different players. You know....all the "upgrades" that TT made in talent. Pickett, Hawk, Ben Taylor (I think he played), Woodson, Manuel. Half the starters Were "upgrades".

Upgrades....right (with my pinky finger at the courner of my mouth)....

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Manuel looked a lot worse than Roman. Manuel has never won a training camp competition for a starting job. He got some playing time last year when a starter was hurt.

Roman is a far better player than this career back up Manuel.

Has anyone seen a good play from Manuel since being signed?
Will he be on the 53 player roster? He does not deserve it.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson was quoted "It's all on us".

I didn't know he had a twin brother.

He need not worry about us and start worrying about "me".

He didn't take the inside route away once all night. It's Tuesday morning and he's still looking around for that guy that turned him around on the 15 yard touchdown.

That was a pitiful performance and Hawkins wasn't any better.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
net said:

100% correct. The defense really scares me at this point.

Thanks Gents for letting me know I wasn't the only one who saw major issues here. The surprise for me is because this was the area that many of us thought would be much improved for a few different reasons !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts