Where to put all my cold weather gear while tailgating?!

ashley1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm headed to Lambeau for the first time in October for the Vikings game. I already know I'm going to be freezing b/c I'm cold here in California--I can't imagine how I'll survive in Wisconsin. Anyways, I'm planning on lots of layers and an extra blanket or two. The game is a night game. So, I figure it will be warmer during the tailgating hours and then get colder during the game once the sun sets. So...where do I stash all my blankets, sweatshirts, hats, earmuffs, hand warmers, etc. while I'm walking around and tailgating? I notice that the stadium doesn't allow any backpacks or large bags. I'm staying at the Bay Motel, so I imagine I won't want to walk a mile back to the hotel to pick up my blankets before game time.
Any suggestions? How strict is the stadium on the no backpacks rule?
Thanks!
Ashley

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
October at Lambeau is not THAT cold lol. You really have no options but just to bring the blanket with you and carry it around with you. Maybe you find some tailgaters who will hold the blanket in their car or something while you walk around. Everyone there is really nice, I'm sure they'd do it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah October? Cold LOL

It could be 60 degrees

Watch weather forecast the week leading up to your trip and get better idea..

You may need a bigger jacket maybe a pair of insulated pants under regular pants but that is it and only if its like 30 or less( thinking as a Cali man)

locals wouldnt need all that

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you never know what the weather will be like in wisconsin. especially in october. it could be 20, it could be 75. you never know lol

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coldest it might be for the game might be around 40 degrees hardly anything to get worried about. I am hopefully going to that game as well.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sounds like hoodie weather.

I dont think they allow any backpacks but you might be able to bring a bag in.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
worried about sitting on benches if cold? you get the stadium seats for 5$? portable seats that have a back to them and they sit on the benches..when you leave for good you just leave them on the bench..

your but wont get cold then :)

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Honestly, I think you'll be fine in some long johns (thermal underwear), jeans and a hoodie...

Lambeau gets pretty................COZY, im sure the residual body heat of the people around you will add another 5-10 degrees.
Plus, the Pack will be lighting up that night, so between the jumping, yelling and singing "I dont wanna work, I wanna bang on the drum all day" will keep you moving.
Being prepared is one thing, but an October game will probably be pretty decent. The past 3 Halloweens ive handed out candy in short sleeves...so, im sure you'll be fine w/o too much gear

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I think you'll be fine in some long johns (thermal underwear), jeans and a hoodie...

Lambeau gets pretty................COZY, im sure the residual body heat of the people around you will add another 5-10 degrees.
Plus, the Pack will be lighting up that night, so between the jumping, yelling and singing "I dont wanna work, I wanna bang on the drum all day" will keep you moving.
Being prepared is one thing, but an October game will probably be pretty decent. The past 3 Halloweens ive handed out candy in short sleeves...so, im sure you'll be fine w/o too much gear
Shoot I stay in shorts through a good portion of December but I am a native to the area and I hate wearing pants.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all experience or feel the temps differently....

Depending on when you arrive in GB you could get a good idea of how much to take to the stadium.

Members online

Latest posts