Where the hell...

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... is James Starks?

Obviously a solid debut against the niners, played against Detroit, but couldn't be spotted the last two weeks.

Can anybody provide some insight?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I don't know, I believe they are saving him for the playoffs. I was sick to not see him tear a few off against the Giants. Let's hope they unwrap him for an Xmas gift for the Bares.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... is James Starks?

Obviously a solid debut against the niners, played against Detroit, but couldn't be spotted the last two weeks.

Can anybody provide some insight?

Nance is better special team asset it what the Fox crew as eluding to on Sunday.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah. I would have caught that if I hadn't been at the game :p

I figured that much:) They didn't out and out say it but after one of his carries they mentioned how he is getting carries b/c of his play on special teams. Made sense to me though but I must admit I was thinking the same thing. I think the starks kid has some upside actually reminds me a little of Grant.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm guessing they are happy with the ball security Nance and Jackson have, and the pass protection that Jackson has. Just a guess though.. Jackson is very good in pass protection, haven't seen enough of Starks obviously.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was moved to 3rd on the depth chart I believe due to what has happened in practice. He was pretty quiet against Detroit so I am not exactly surprised but it would be nice to see him get a few carries

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ahhh well here is your answer...

McCarthy to Starks: Special teams key

Dec 28, 2010 -- 12:36am
GREEN BAY – Until James Starks shows in practice that he can consistently contribute on special teams, Mike McCarthy doesn’t care how many Green Bay Packers fans are clamoring for the rookie sixth-round draft pick to become part of the regular running back rotation.

Starks, who rushed for 73 yards on 18 carries in his NFL debut Dec. 5 against San Francisco, has been inactive for each of the Packers’ past two games, with Dimitri Nance getting the nod over him.
While Nance hasn’t been particularly productive running the ball – he had six carries for 11 yards against New England on Dec. 19 and nine carries for 32 yards in Sunday’s victory over the New York Giants – he has become a valuable member of the punt and kickoff units, giving him the edge on Starks when McCarthy fills out the game-day inactive list.

“(Starks) needs to compete to get on the 45. His situation has been exactly the same the last two weeks,” McCarthy said Monday. “James Starks and Dimitri Nance compete for that fifth spot as a running back and as a special-teams player, and Dimitri is just ahead of him right now. He needs to do a better job throughout the week in preparation and in practice. Until he gets that done, he won’t be on the 45.”

McCarthy made no mention of Starks’ pass-blocking, which some thought might have been another reason for his deactivation. The Packers had shown a tendency to run the ball when Starks was in the game and pass it with other backs in the backfield because of concerns with Starks’ ability to pick up blitzes.

“When you are not a starter, if you don’t play all three downs as a starter on offense or defense, you have special-teams responsibilities. You can’t give lip service to special teams,” McCarthy said. “We have had so much change on special teams. We are trying to have some sense of continuity and consistency on our special teams, and we need for the younger players to play better and be more accountable and detailed when they get an opportunity. He needs to do a better job in that area.”

Despite those shortcomings, Starks could get an opportunity in this Sunday’s regular-season finale against Chicago. McCarthy ruled out fullback Korey Hall (knee sprain) for the game, meaning Starks could be the fifth running back active after Brandon Jackson, John Kuhn, Nance and Quinn Johnson.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL@ you

I could give two ***** about stealing my thunder..

And I agree 100% your article is more detailed..But its the same quote I provided

Nance is further along in practice then Starks....thats all we really need to know..

Seriously I was just trying to give ya ****.. seemed like no one even noticed my post...

sorry if came across wrong

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Wow Stylez...

Could have sworn I posted something similar??
Props to either one who posted it first. That makes sense, play action also serves as max protect and the best blocking back should be in there.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
LOL@ you

I could give two ***** about stealing my thunder..

And I agree 100% your article is more detailed..But its the same quote I provided

Nance is further along in practice then Starks....thats all we really need to know..

Seriously I was just trying to give ya ****.. seemed like no one even noticed my post...

sorry if came across wrong

You can complain about the way other people post to them but I will fight back!

:star-wars:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Have we decided who I should give rep to?
Good stuff guys, I'm usually up on this kind of thing but it missed me, thanks for the info.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if they give Nance the majority of the touches. The guy is strong and I think showed alot against the Giants. The one thing that is bugging me is Jackson. He looks like he has no vision. Every time he touches the ball the just runs straight into the line and pushes, hoping for a hole to break out. He needs to find the holes and adjust his runs if he is going to be a consistent contributor.

That being said, I think Nance played very well and a lot better.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Found my answer in the press conference...

(What is your thought process with Starks? He kind of burst on the scene against San Francisco.)
He needs to compete to get on the 45. His situation has been exactly the same the last two weeks. James Starks
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
and Dimitri Nance
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
compete for that fifth spot as a running back and as a special-teams player, and Dimitri is just ahead of him right now. He needs to do a better job throughout the week in preparation and in practice. Until he gets that done, he won’t be on the 45.
:viksux:

This is what I posted yesterday

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts