Where the hell is everyone?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see everyone lurking around here, but not alot of posting. Let's put on the big boy pants, come out of the shadows, and let's have a go Pack go.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see a show of faces so far. It's less than a week until the opener. No one knows who is actually going to play, and we are playing f'in Vikings. I frickin can't wait myself. I'm trying to remain optimistic, but every Scott Wells story that keeps popping up is making me a little nervous.

I know Trom will say that everything will be fine blah blah blah. But I'm pumped, and a little bit worried. We really need to come out with a win here.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne posted:"Good to see a show of faces so far. It's less than a week until the opener. No one knows who is actually going to play, and we are playing f'in Vikings. I frickin can't wait myself. I'm trying to remain optimistic, but every Scott Wells story that keeps popping up is making me a little nervous."
I know Trom will say that everything will be fine blah blah blah. But I'm pumped, and a little bit worried. We really need to come out with a win here."

There is one thing that Packer management can do nothing about. it is injuries. Last year Packer had very few injuries, this year there are more. Some of the 2nd stringers will have to step up and do the job this coming Monday against the Vikings. It takes a complete roster of team to do the job. I realize there are questions mark a certain positions, especially at Quarterback for the first time since 1992. But that was going to happen either now or probably next year.

The Packers are known to have depth at most postions . It will be tested immediately in the first game. We can only hope our non starters can pass the test against the Vikings.

It would help if Packer team with injuries can win the first game of the year, but it is not the end of world if it doesn't happen. This is the NFL- and as the old saying goes. On any given Sunday any NFL team can beat any other team in the NFL.

Prime example:The Gaints had a "rocky start" to the '07 season. The NY Media and Giants fans " trashed " the NY Giant Head Coach ( wanted him fired), and also trashed the Giant team a, especailly the Giant QB-Manning. However In the later part of the season the NY Gaints on road beat every team they played , The Giants played their best football in the last half of the season against the best in NFC.. The Giants won their last six games, as they went" on a roll" into the Super Bowl. The Giants end up in the Super Bowl and beat the undefeated Patriots.

In early part of the season, the Green Bay Packers easily defeated the NY Giants in NY City, but in NFL Championship game at LF in Green Bay., The Packers in OT lost to Giants by 3 points. The Green Bay Packers in '07 season was opposite of the Gaints. In the first half of the '07 season the Packers were the team that were undefeated and "were on a roll". But the Packer did not play their best football in second half of the season, expecially against the Bears (twice) and against the the Cowboys.

What will happen this season,? There are many questions and few answers. Only time weill tell us!!!

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not worried at all. The Vikings are coming into our house and all they did in their 'great' offseason was sign Allen and Berrian, and only one of those players are actually good. They don't have a passing offense and Barnett and Hawk are going to be chasing down AP and Taylor all day. Grant is going to be fresh and hitting holes hard.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's right. The Vikes are coming to Lambeau and we will kick major hiney.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
by ElleBlue on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:20 pm

YES, We will kick the viqueens up one side of the field and down the other.

I see the Pack opening up passing short & medium range and then shoving the run in when the D makes an adjustment. The 5 wide will also pay dividends which will lite up the scoreboard.

Looking for the defense to pressure Jackson into making a few mistakes and creating some TO's.

Hope The Hawk is ready to go and get in a few blitzes.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where can you get these big boy pants? And do they have big boy shorts?

Go Pack Go!!! I can't wait to see Tavaris Jackson face down on the field

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think it'll be important for this team to form an identity early this season. It's always been convenient for them to have a crutch (Brett) to lean on every time they've struggled, and that includes the players and the coaching staff. They're going to have to prove to themselves that they can do it themselves, but that isn't going to happen the first time they experience failure, it may take awhile for them to pull together and play as a team.

I won't have a problem if they lose a few of the first several games, as long as they're competitive and as long as they're not beating themselves. The key will, as always, be injuries. As Marty Schottenheimer once said, it isn't always the best team that wins the Super Bowl, in many cases it's the healthiest.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Holy cow the legendary Lare!!

Hey PWT, nice to hear from ya again.

Where is everyone? WHERE WAITING FOR THE PACKERS TO KICK THE VIKINGS ***! :)

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Holy cow the legendary Lare!!

Hey PWT, nice to hear from ya again.

Where is everyone? WHERE WAITING FOR THE PACKERS TO KICK THE VIKINGS ***! :)

Hey Z2C, how's it going?

You know me, I'm like a grandparent. I come over every so often, get the kids all wound up on sweets, and then I leave for awhile. :)

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
I see everyone lurking around here, but not alot of posting. Let's put on the big boy pants, come out of the shadows, and let's have a go Pack go.

im with ya ,, cant wait for the 1st game ... i hope we clean house ... :D

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:

I see the Pack opening up passing short & medium range and then shoving the run in when the D makes an adjustment. The 5 wide will also pay dividends which will lite up the scoreboard.

Unfortunately there won't be 5 wide if James Jones isn't good to go

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack4life said:
CalifPacker said:

Actually I'm pretty sure MM just recently stated that one of the tight ends could be lined up as the 5th receiver.

5 wide/big five still lives with out Jones.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:

What is there to say?

Home field, MNF, Childress is 0-4 against McCarthy, the last game was 34-0.

Ted Thompson traded Brett Favre rather than play him. People would like to see Rodgers win a game or two in order to have more confidence in him.

There is a great opportunity to get off to a 2-0 start against the division and in the first 3 games have a 3-0 start in Conference games.

Excitement will build as the season progresses and the number of wins increases and the Packers position in the standings rises.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:

Looking for the defense to pressure Jackson into making a few mistakes and creating some TO's.

Viqueens? :rofl: I love it! Speaking of Viqueens, where did all the Viqueen trolls go? They must be on the other board.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sangill said:
pack4life said:
CalifPacker said:

Actually I'm pretty sure MM just recently stated that one of the tight ends could be lined up as the 5th receiver.

5 wide/big five still lives with out Jones.

This is from his press conference on 9/2. I'm not sure if he's said anything different since then though.

(Are you optimistic you will have James Jones for the game?)
That's something the end of the week we'll have more information. All those guys that we think are going to be close, we pretty much didn't practice them yesterday and today, or just practiced them very little.

Advertisement

(If you don't have him for the game, how much would that change things with only four wideouts up?)
We won't be in five wideouts, so I guess that's one thing that will happen. Our identity won't be in tact with the spread offense. Jordy Nelson has done a very good job for a young guy, as far as learning all three positions. So I don't feel, just going through the installation we have in so far, there hasn't been any conversation we've had that said now we can't do that this week because we don't have James. That's a credit to both Ruvell and Jordy Nelson, so I don't think we're holding back anything. But on the other side of it, it will be good when James is ready to go. Because I think he's clearly, clearly improved from last year. I thought he was having an excellent training camp.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:
CalifPacker said:

Viqueens? :rofl: I love it! Speaking of Viqueens, where did all the Viqueen trolls go? They must be on the other board.

Hey EllieBlue!!

The viqueens are hiding under their mommies skirts!!!LOL

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers minus Favre = less excitement about the Packers and less posting. There, i said it. Sue me.

Actually, maybe you can use my comment to berate me and stir up some interest. Just might work.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Less excitement for people who aren't true Packers fans. I'm just as excited regardless of Favre being there this year. I know we have a good team, so i'm pretty excited.

Members online

Latest posts