where is rodgers among all time greats?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
That's hands down the worst top 10 QBs list of all time I have ever seen.

Not the worst, but it's definitely a putrid list.

Forget the order in which they are all ranked. Lets just start off with the guys on the list.

Dan Fouts shouldn't be on that list. In fact Dan Fouts shouldn't be on any list that pertain to great QB's. Dan Fouts is perhaps one of the most overrated QB's of all time. He was the beneficiary of playing in the Air Coryell offense. His stats are unimpressive, he never won a championship. I don't even know why he's in the Hall of Fame.

John Elway was a great QB, but no way is he in the top 3.

Aaron Rodgers is too high. It's way too early to even put him on the list. Maybe in a few more years with consistent production

Brett Favre being on that list is debatable.

Drew Brees is in the same boat as Rodgers, he might be closer though given he's been doing it longer.

How can you make a top 10 list of GOAT Qb's and not have Johnny U on there somewhere?

What about Otto Graham? Otto Graham has like 5 championships.

With the stupidity of this list, I'm surprised he didn't find a spot on there for Joe Namath, who is arguably the most overrated QB ever

OP
OP
category6um

category6um

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i only wrote about players i have seen play live, as in on tv in person etc. more then highlights.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Even post 1980, Dan Fouts still doesn't belong on that list. TBH, I'd put Troy Aikman on there over Dan Fouts

Rodgers is too high and doesn't belong above Brady or Manning.

You could justify putting Brees #10

Elway is too high.

Steve Young is probably where he should be.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
The whole list looks like some kind of excuse to express his man love for Ken Dorsey, who didn't do a thing in the NFL. I mean come on, Dorsey was traded to Cleveland for Trent Friggin' DILFER! Only to be beat out by Brady (Medicine Woman) Quinn, who lasted how long as a starter?

OP
OP
category6um

category6um

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dude its a university of miami website LOL......we all know Dorsey wasnt a great NFL QB. hes only ranked on the great QBs in UM history.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I have stated multiple times on this forum, these lists are entirely subjective and therefore a matter of opinion. We don't know what parameters Cat6 based this list upon. Each one of us has our own idea of what a top 10 list would look like and if we each came up our own list, they'd all be different with few duplicates as each of us would be basing the list on our own set of parameters. For instance, some will base is on championships and make a legit argument of it. However, there is no harm in critiquing a list that was posted for the purpose of discussion, just keep in mind what we are critiquing and of where people will probably tell you to shove your own list.

He put Aaron Rodgers in 3rd... I can't help but like that.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is way too high. No way is he above Brady - If you want parameters for this just look at both their stats and compare. While most lists are subjective you have to look at their overall body of work and take into account their stats and what they have done. I can go and on why Brady is way above Rodgers but at the end of the day it is your list.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ivo610

what makes it so bad? please provide constructive criticism.

You're right, I should do that. I apologize. I am personally not a fan of limiting it to 1980, as do you count only what you have seen or their whole career if they played in 1980? I figure just include all QBs. anyways heres who I would consider adding if we are only talking post 1980

Kurt Warner
Jim Kelly
Ken Anderson
Terry Bradshaw
troy Aikman

Warner and Bradshaw are the two I would most likely swap out for Brees and Fouts.

For the record I am one of the biggest Favre haters around, no one here will argue that, but I personally disagree with you using stats as reasoning for the players above Favre. would like to see some criteria for what makes the best QBs. the first issue I see is Fouts above favre, with fouts being touted for his career yardage, even though favre has a ring and 30,000 more yards than him. Rodgers is #3, okay fair enough that is your opinion but when you do that you are comparing someone who is reaching the peak of his career to someone who is done with his career (favre). As of today Favre has the same titles, been to more SBs and crushes Rodgers as far as career stats go. Career wise Favre is head and shoulders above Rodgers.

I love these lists though and appreciate seeing other peoples opinions, thank you for posting this, I am sorry I came across in a negative manner.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i only wrote about players i have seen play live, as in on tv in person etc. more then highlights.

So your 1st post you state you READ an article..

Now your saying you wrote it..

I dont care your posting your blog, but at least be honest

OP
OP
category6um

category6um

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan

thats a very fair comment. I should have been honest. was kind of worried the direct negative feedback i'd recieve, which makes no sense if i plan to defend my work LOL. but sorry - won't happen again.

IVO610 - tottaly cool. like that you came back w some serious feedback. I see where my list is flawed. i may be too much a rodgers and fouts fan.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You wrote? You start the thread with 'you read'.

Problem is the thread title says 'all time greats' - thats what threw people off.

Since it is post 1980 its not too bad. Rodgers is too high. Marino is too low. I always liked Fouts, he was amazing. Brady would probably be up there in the top 2 for me. I would lower Elway. Comebacks do not impress me. You have to be losing to comeback. Or it tells me that Elway did not play 100% the full game, only tried really hard at the end of the game. Not a good trait.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
where is rodgers among all time greats?
Like others on your list, NOT DONE, that's where he is.

And as others mentioned, "all time greats" is not ambiguous. Not a great start on this forum but if you love football and the Packers, welcome!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is BrINT Favre on the list?
Seriously.
He blew more playoff games than he won.
Only one SB win out of two.
Moved to a rival team to get back at the Packers.
Most INTs and fumbles ever and will be hard to top.
Yes, he had thrilling moments and was good. But face it. He just flat out sucked too even as a Packer.
The only reason we liked him or hung on with him as long as we did was because he was our only hope. The only thing we knew that could win games for us and the Pack even though he let us down time and time again.
He made awesome plays but to me that is all diddly squat since they didn't get the Pack back into another SB.
I don't think BF should be on any "Best of" lists not because I hate him but because when you look at him compared to other greats he really isn't all that great.
At the end of his career, looking back I see that BrINT is just an overrated loser.
I also think that current QBs shouldn't be on the "Greatest Lists" until the end of their careers.
Wait and see what they have done and then include them.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I totally don't agree with that list.

It's too early to put Rodgers in there, that list has his him thrown up there with legends from another era, and I also think it's too early to put Manning or Brees or even Brady up there cause they are still playing.

I won't list my own top 10 QB's as it seems to draw controversy among fans on other message boards with comments of how I show a number of "favoritism" towards the old cats. But I do agree with ivo610. Jim Kelly, Kurt Warner, Bradshaw, and Aikman are also on my list somewhere.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I didn't read all of the list until now, but why in the hell is Bernie Kosar so high?

Hey I love those old Browns teams to death that he played for in '86 and '87 but he had a few good years and then burnt out thanks to injuries. Kosar has a bright future but he was never the same again after Marty Schottenheimer left Cleveland and when the injuries and concussions started piling up.

This list is really bad cause it's mixing college with pros and you can't do that.

If I had to do a list, I'd also put Warren Moon in there. When I hear people talking about the "greatest" Qbs of all time and they don't mention him, I have to speak up for the guy. Just look at his records...Marino had to chase him to take that Touchdown record away. Jim Kelly may deserve a ring for losing it 4 years in a row, but I still think Moon is the greatest quarterback to never win a Super Bowl.

Moon should at least be on that list.

OP
OP
category6um

category6um

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I didn't read all of the list until now, but why in the hell is Bernie Kosar so high?"

Please re-read. Kosar is only on the second list, which is greatest QBs from the University of Miami.

Members online

Latest posts